RWs, how do we fix our shitty healthcare system?

ACA is only a framework, to be added to and tinkered with forever, dupe.

ACA is a bloated Obamanation which substitutes Rule of Law for the Whim of Bureaucrats.

Hardly a surprise that you love it.
I'll go with rule of law too lol...It's what everyone was told was the GOP/Heritage/Dole etc etc plan. It WORKS, even when being sabotaged by your hypocrite heroes...

FACTS... There never was an execution of the plan that Republican Sen. John Chafee of Rhode Island was the point man.
The bill he introduced, Health Equity and Access Reform Today, (yes, that spells HEART) had a list of 20 co-sponsors that was a who’s who of Republican leadership.
It would never work for the same REASONS Obamacare can't work!
Is the ACA the GOP health care plan from 1993?

So instead we HAVE HIPPA of 1996... the biggest boondoggle that costs easily another
If you are a small covered entity, HIPAA should cost:

Risk Analysis and Management Plan ~$2,000
Remediation ~ $1,000 - $8,000
Training and policy development ~ $1,000-2,000
Total: $4,000 - $12,000
There are nearly 1 million "covered" providers...over $8 billion a year JUST for HIPPA compliance!
How Much Does HIPAA Compliance Cost?
Right, Pub "plans" were always just a way to stop Dem laws. Pubs LOVE the old scam days, incredibly rich doctors etc. Feq em all.

ACA is a bloated Obamanation which substitutes Rule of Law for the Whim of Bureaucrats.

I'll go with rule of law too lol...It's what everyone was told was the GOP/Heritage/Dole etc etc plan. It WORKS, even when being sabotaged by your hypocrite heroes...

FACTS... There never was an execution of the plan that Republican Sen. John Chafee of Rhode Island was the point man.
The bill he introduced, Health Equity and Access Reform Today, (yes, that spells HEART) had a list of 20 co-sponsors that was a who’s who of Republican leadership.

So instead we HAVE HIPPA of 1996... the biggest boondoggle that costs easily another

There are nearly 1 million "covered" providers...over $8 billion a year JUST for HIPPA compliance!
Right, Pub "plans" were always just a way to stop Dem laws. Pubs LOVE the old scam days, incredibly rich doctors etc. Feq em all.

Were you dropped on your head as a wee child, or were you just born retarded?
I have to wonder this about many of them.
They will argue with you about how government workers are lazy, do nothing, don't know how to do their job, and would not last a second in the private sector.
Then they turn around and say that doctors should be government employees... If I thought that about government employees, I would have to seriously question if this is the level of skill I want from someone intervening in my health care. LOL

See that's the problem with you people. YOU have been benefitting from it so for some reason that means it's perfect. The reality is that every cost of living expense has gone up while wages have remained flat. The middle class is shrinking. Poor people can't afford even the most basic services. At this rate, a time will come when you can't afford it either.

You don't know a damned thing about what poor people can't afford. Medicare is free as are the prescriptions they prescribe. County clinics are free, and drug companies offer free or reduced prices on drugs based on income. Emergency rooms are free as well. Even poor people can afford FREE!

Medicare is for Americans aged 65 and over. Part A is free; Part B requires a premium, and covers some medications, with a small co-pay. In order for all medications to be covered, the individual has to apply for Part D.

That's MedicARE.

You're talking about MedicAID.

You'd have a lot more credibility if you knew the difference.

I had a brain fart and I sure did mean to type Medicaid instead of Medicare. Change the word and then tell me I am wrong.

Fair enough, but emergency rooms are not free.

They are free to the poor people that go to them. I agree that they are not a cost effective way to deliver healthcare. Too many people go there for a hangnail or a summer cold.

Exactly. But if more people have access to health insurance (and if more clinics had the common sense to stay open on nights and weekends), there'd be more efficient ways for people to be treated for minor problems.

They will argue with you about how government workers are lazy, do nothing, don't know how to do their job, and would not last a second in the private sector.
Then they turn around and say that doctors should be government employees... If I thought that about government employees, I would have to seriously question if this is the level of skill I want from someone intervening in my health care. LOL

Good point and we've seen the VA's record of "government employee doctors".

You don't know a damned thing about what poor people can't afford. Medicare is free as are the prescriptions they prescribe. County clinics are free, and drug companies offer free or reduced prices on drugs based on income. Emergency rooms are free as well. Even poor people can afford FREE!

Medicare is for Americans aged 65 and over. Part A is free; Part B requires a premium, and covers some medications, with a small co-pay. In order for all medications to be covered, the individual has to apply for Part D.

That's MedicARE.

I had a brain fart and I sure did mean to type Medicaid instead of Medicare. Change the word and then tell me I am wrong.

They are free to the poor people that go to them. I agree that they are not a cost effective way to deliver healthcare. Too many people go there for a hangnail or a summer cold.

Exactly. But if more people have access to health insurance (and if more clinics had the common sense to stay open on nights and weekends), there'd be more efficient ways for people to be treated for minor problems.

Honestly the vast vast majority of stupid things that people do that cause injuries is another major reason for health care costs!
I mean how dumb are the following examples of idiocy that eventually become a health insurance claim... and then we wonder why premiums go up!
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 6.18.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 6.18.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 6.20.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 6.20.31 PM.png

Pubs have been bringing up ACA type plans since Truman and Nixon, chump. Any argument at all? lol

Good point and we've seen the VA's record of "government employee doctors".
Maybe the GOP should fund VA correctly then. It was ok until Booosh's stupid wars and tax cuts...

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. You hate anything Obama comes up with so you come across like disingenuous douche bags anyway.

How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare. With that in mind, why was our healthcare system ever feasible?

Just agree that legislation is what's needed to cap expenses such as prescriptions. In the end more socialization is what's needed to fix our system. Despite what the Neanderthals on Fox News will tell you, Canada's healthcare system works. 91% of Canadians favor their system over the US's system. Western Europe also has great, affordable healthcare systems.

Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?

WHO | World Health Organization Assesses the World's Health Systems

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

Yes medical care here is sophisticated, but that hardly means jack shit if most Americans can't benefit from it.
I'm on Medicare with a supplement and prescription drug plan, I think our healthcare system is just great, at least for me and the wife. We have a ton of healthcare problems and about $100,000 a year in medical bills.. We pay a total of $615/mo in premiums for the two of us. We pay no medical deductible, no copay, or co-insurance. We pay a $325 deductible on prescriptions and about $2000 for prescription drugs.

I would recommend, dumping Obamacare, the insurance companies, healthcare exchanges, Medicaid, employee provided insurance and transitioning the nation to a single payer, Medicare. I believe we would end up with better healthcare at a lower cost.

That's MedicARE.

If they had access to health insurance they would still have to be treated at a Doctors office that does not stay open on nights and weekends.

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. You hate anything Obama comes up with so you come across like disingenuous douche bags anyway.

How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare. With that in mind, why was our healthcare system ever feasible?

Just agree that legislation is what's needed to cap expenses such as prescriptions. In the end more socialization is what's needed to fix our system. Despite what the Neanderthals on Fox News will tell you, Canada's healthcare system works. 91% of Canadians favor their system over the US's system. Western Europe also has great, affordable healthcare systems.

Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

Yes medical care here is sophisticated, but that hardly means jack shit if most Americans can't benefit from it.
Wait a minute. You libs were 100% SURE Obamacare was THE answer....Now we have it, there is bliss.....Oh, wait a minute.
It's Bush's fault Obamacare doesn't work....No...wait a minute, the Republicans obstructed the stuff Obama really wanted in Obamacare.....No, I got, it's those God Damned insurance companies that helped write Obamacare....It is their fault.....
Oh SHIT!!!.....We've run out of other people to blame.

What's wrong with medical care in the US?

Oh by the wait times. Longest in Canada. My funeral parlor is closer than my emergency ward.

Now what Salinger did. He closed all the EM's. Not kidding. Then tried to blame it on the feds. Worked out here because I am surrounded by NDP idiots. And they re elected the asshole.

But one better.

The methods by which health insurance is regulated and sold is the problem.
Fixes
1. eliminate all barriers to competition.
2. allow insurers to sell plans across state lines
3. ban "captive" marketplaces.
4 Insurance companies that don't wish to play by the same rules as everyone else, can pound sand.
5 eliminate all federal coverage mandates. For example...it is not logical for a woman to have to buy coverage for testicular ailments for herself.
6. allow the insured to have at least some control on their coverage choices.
7 eliminate group policies that tie one's ability to be insured to their employment status.
8 make possible the option for high deductible catastrophic insurance policies for those who can be cash patients for regular doctor visits and minor ailments that require the attention of a physician.
All of the above would increase competition and thus lower prices to consumers. It would also cause insurance companies to adjust their business models from stock value sensitive companies to ones that concentrate on acquiring and keeping business.
One wrinkle....Competition usually results in an industry which will close ranks in order to protect itself from the potential of falling profits. Often this leads to consolidation. Companies will either aggressively try to buy out their competition or agree to merge.
That must be heavily scrutinized by the appropriate federal agencies. The bottom line is that no merger or acquisition that would reduce competition or reduce consumer choice will be approved......

Wait a minute. You libs were 100% SURE Obamacare was THE answer....Now we have it, there is bliss.....Oh, wait a minute.
It's Bush's fault Obamacare doesn't work....No...wait a minute, the Republicans obstructed the stuff Obama really wanted in Obamacare.....No, I got, it's those God Damned insurance companies that helped write Obamacare....It is their fault.....
Oh SHIT!!!.....We've run out of other people to blame.
No you're just making shit up. Liberals in general say ObamaCare was a step in the right direction but it didn't go far enough.

The methods by which health insurance is regulated and sold is the problem.
Fixes
1. eliminate all barriers to competition.
2. allow insurers to sell plans across state lines
3. ban "captive" marketplaces.
4 Insurance companies that don't wish to play by the same rules as everyone else, can pound sand.
5 eliminate all federal coverage mandates. For example...it is not logical for a woman to have to buy coverage for testicular ailments for herself.
6. allow the insured to have at least some control on their coverage choices.
7 eliminate group policies that tie one's ability to be insured to their employment status.
8 make possible the option for high deductible catastrophic insurance policies for those who can be cash patients for regular doctor visits and minor ailments that require the attention of a physician.
All of the above would increase competition and thus lower prices to consumers. It would also cause insurance companies to adjust their business models from stock value sensitive companies to ones that concentrate on acquiring and keeping business.
One wrinkle....Competition usually results in an industry which will close ranks in order to protect itself from the potential of falling profits. Often this leads to consolidation. Companies will either aggressively try to buy out their competition or agree to merge.
That must be heavily scrutinized by the appropriate federal agencies. The bottom line is that no merger or acquisition that would reduce competition or reduce consumer choice will be approved......
I don't feel like responding to this all in one post, so break it up if you want my response. Or don't, I don't care.

j
All of which can be added to ACA. Duh.

No, they can't. The ACA is a Centralized Planning Obamanation. One can't use Totalitarian Control to order people to be free.

Obamacare is an improved version of Romneycare which the people of Massachusetts liked then again the people of Mass are not a bunch of whiners and dim wits.
Romneycare Vs. Obamacare: Key Similarities & Differences ...

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare so it's utterly retarded to blame ObamaCare for it. The prices of prescriptions and treatments would be the same without ACA. At least ACA has increased the number of insured Americans despite its shortcomings.

not sure what you are talking about , I and my family have been benefiting from it for as long as I can remember. The sytem worked well the way it was and the care was excellent.
See that's the problem with you people. YOU have been benefitting from it so for some reason that means it's perfect. The reality is that every cost of living expense has gone up while wages have remained flat. The middle class is shrinking. Poor people can't afford even the most basic services. At this rate, a time will come when you can't afford it either.
"you people"?....Excuse me?...
who the hell says most Americans?
Look genius, you are a bitter individual. Why that is only you know..
Why should one not benefit from something they PAY for?
Get this straight. We do not have a health care problem.
We have a health insurance problem....And that 1005 the doing of the federal government.
There was nothing wrong until the stupid government decided to interfere in medical care.
When i needed a physical for high school athletics i went to our family care giver,. My procedure cost me a whopping $15...Walked up to the person at the desk and paid her on the way out....That was the mid 70's.....BEFORE the government decided that the system was no good. I got a yearly physical back in September. I paid my copay. The doctors office billed the insurance company $400. Of which the reimbursement is about $100. That's absurd.
Your anger is misplaced.
Since the enactment of Obamacare our monthly premium has gone up over one third. Our co pay went from $15 to $25 The deductible went from ZERO to $2500...Per year..
We used to have free well care. Now well care comes out of the health savings account which BTW, no longer grows as rapidly as it used to...Its a good thing we are reasonably healthy people...
BTW, you are aware that medical expenses are no longer deductible from the gross income, are you not?
ACA fucked the whole system...and 20 million people remain uninsured.

Forum List

Back