RWs, how do we fix our shitty healthcare system?

Fixing our "shitty" health care system entails undoing the damage done to health care by FDR. Wage controls and tax policy made health coverage a tax free compensation item. That started the ball rolling toward the utter government dominance and inefficiency we have today. Here is how to fix it:

- Get rid of Obamacare, STAT.
- Decouple catastrophic care insurance from prepaid services (i.e., the check up and routine test co-pays).
- Make health insurance a personal tax deduction instead of a corporate.
- Get rid of state barriers to competition.
- Unlimited health savings accounts for paying for routing services and medication - get rid of the insurance middle man.
- Tort reform to stop scum sucking lawyers from bleeding out doctors (John Edwards got rich by driving OB/GYNs out of business...).
- Reforms which enable routine care clinics in retail environment - such as a drugstore, Walmart etc.
- Get rid of Federal involvement in health care; return the money to states and taxpayer to take care of their own health care.
- Credits for veterans and retired people to purchase their own health care (graduallly unwwind the latter as younger people are able to save more in HSAs).

Yes medical care here is sophisticated, but that hardly means jack shit if most Americans can't benefit from it.
There are actually many options :
A) The japanese model : non profit clinics, owned by physicians, 30% of the cost paid by patient up to a ceiling , the rest is paid by the government.
B) Put price controls ... that might work in the short term, but it may lead to some problems in the long term.
C) Make healthcare a public universal service just like elementary education. This will be fiercely opposed by conservatives. And admitedly it requires tons of planning and accountability.
D) Make clinics community owned : that way the patients are also the shareholders of the hospital ( that is just an idea I had and I am not sure how well it could perform in practice ) . A 100 bed hospital could be owned by 4,000 families, that would keep a good person / patient ratio.
It is interesting to note that many of the high costs of a hospital come from the fact that they don't operate near full capacity.
E) Pubs and their crony insurers get out of the way and let ACA WORK.

Sorry Franco but EVERY TIME you write something and I see your "FrancoHFW" I can't help but think of this standing SNL skit...

"Generalissimo[a] Francisco Franco is still dead" is a catchphrase that originated in 1975 during the first season of NBC's Saturday Night (now called Saturday Night Live, or SNL) and which mocked the weeks-long media reports of the Spanish dictator's impending death. It was one of the first catchphrases from the series to enter the general lexicon.

Fixing our "shitty" health care system entails undoing the damage done to health care by FDR. Wage controls and tax policy made health coverage a tax free compensation item. That started the ball rolling toward the utter government dominance and inefficiency we have today. Here is how to fix it:

- Decouple catastrophic care insurance from prepaid services (i.e., the check up and routine test co-pays).
- Unlimited health savings accounts for paying for routing services and medication - get rid of the insurance middle man.
- Tort reform to stop scum sucking lawyers from bleeding out doctors (John Edwards got rich by driving OB/GYNs out of business...).
- Reforms which enable routine care clinics in retail environment - such as a drugstore, Walmart etc.
- Get rid of Federal involvement in health care; return the money to states and taxpayer to take care of their own health care.
- Credits for veterans and retired people to purchase their own health care (graduallly unwwind the latter as younger people are able to save more in HSAs).
All of which can be added to ACA. Duh.

Yes medical care here is sophisticated, but that hardly means jack shit if most Americans can't benefit from it.
There are actually many options :
A) The japanese model : non profit clinics, owned by physicians, 30% of the cost paid by patient up to a ceiling , the rest is paid by the government.
B) Put price controls ... that might work in the short term, but it may lead to some problems in the long term.
C) Make healthcare a public universal service just like elementary education. This will be fiercely opposed by conservatives. And admitedly it requires tons of planning and accountability.
D) Make clinics community owned : that way the patients are also the shareholders of the hospital ( that is just an idea I had and I am not sure how well it could perform in practice ) . A 100 bed hospital could be owned by 4,000 families, that would keep a good person / patient ratio.
It is interesting to note that many of the high costs of a hospital come from the fact that they don't operate near full capacity.
E) Pubs and their crony insurers get out of the way and let ACA WORK.

Sorry Franco but EVERY TIME you write something and I see your "FrancoHFW" I can't help but think of this standing SNL skit...

"Generalissimo[a] Francisco Franco is still dead" is a catchphrase that originated in 1975 during the first season of NBC's Saturday Night (now called Saturday Night Live, or SNL) and which mocked the weeks-long media reports of the Spanish dictator's impending death. It was one of the first catchphrases from the series to enter the general lexicon.
I visited Spain under him. Scary stuff- I think it was mostly after he died, tho I don't doubt the reference. Francophile is actually my reference, HelloFromWarsaw NY.

No, they can't. The ACA is a Centralized Planning Obamanation. One can't use Totalitarian Control to order people to be free.

He didn't say immediately DUH, dupe. When fully implemented and a few years of transparent, full competition. But it is working despite full on mindless Pub/insurance crony sabotage.

The doctor/hospital network problem was already happening before ACA. Just check to see your doctor is covered DUH.

Also, Obama forgot how much the dupes love being screwed by scam Pub/insurer crony "plans" of all kinds lol...ignoramuses, take your GUARANTEED, annual cap, subsidized Dem plans and like it, brainwashed functional morons.

OBAMA said by the end of his first term. You kiss his ass no matter what. That's the sign of a functional moron. It's HIS words and you still cover for him. Pucker up.
Keep your fingers in your ears, dupe. He said that BEFORE the corrupt W WORLD DEPRESSION, dupe. Etc etc. Sorry about reality.

Just another example of an unqualified black man in a government job. If he's as smart as you claim, wouldn't he have seen it coming. If he didn't, tells me he isn't that smart.

He also said the $887 billion stimulus would keep unemployment below 8%. He did that after becoming President. We both know how that worked out. We both know you'll cover for him.
Unqualified black man. You're up to 90% chance racist lol. Yup, everyone saw that total meltdown coming lol...great job, corrupt Boooshies and ignoramus dupes...your brains seem to only be able to understand bumper sticker bs, and that's the way you like it.

Loss of GDP was estimated at 3-4% when Obama said 8%- turned out to be 9%. But don't worry about reality- go with the bs bumper sticker, fool. Keep voting against yourself, family and friends. At least you're in the White Party, right?

That's it? That's your explanation for the Messiah NOT keeping his pledge?
My goodness I don't understand how you can have any faith left in Obama after he has broken so many promises!
What happened to the simple pledge when he told us..."This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
and a little old thing like the GDP being less stops the Messiah???
Oh ye of little faith! Sounds like Bush had more power then the Messiah!
The middle of ANOTHER Pub Great Depression is not the time for immediate reform. The GW reform IS beginning, just like he said duh. Not stopped at all.

YOUR use of messiah shows only YOU to be a true believer, in your case of total RW BS...

No, they can't. The ACA is a Centralized Planning Obamanation. One can't use Totalitarian Control to order people to be free.
ACA is only a framework, to be added to and tinkered with forever, dupe.

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare so it's utterly retarded to blame ObamaCare for it. The prices of prescriptions and treatments would be the same without ACA. At least ACA has increased the number of insured Americans despite its shortcomings.

Just agree that legislation is what's needed to cap expenses such as prescriptions. In the end more socialization is what's needed to fix our system. Despite what the Neanderthals on Fox News will tell you, Canada's healthcare system works. 91% of Canadians favor their system over the US's system. Western Europe also has great, affordable healthcare systems.

Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?

WHO | World Health Organization Assesses the World's Health Systems

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

not sure what you are talking about , I and my family have been benefiting from it for as long as I can remember. The sytem worked well the way it was and the care was excellent.

You are a lying dumb fuck.

He didn't say immediately DUH, dupe. When fully implemented and a few years of transparent, full competition. But it is working despite full on mindless Pub/insurance crony sabotage.

The doctor/hospital network problem was already happening before ACA. Just check to see your doctor is covered DUH.

Also, Obama forgot how much the dupes love being screwed by scam Pub/insurer crony "plans" of all kinds lol...ignoramuses, take your GUARANTEED, annual cap, subsidized Dem plans and like it, brainwashed functional morons.

OBAMA said by the end of his first term. You kiss his ass no matter what. That's the sign of a functional moron. It's HIS words and you still cover for him. Pucker up.
Keep your fingers in your ears, dupe. He said that BEFORE the corrupt W WORLD DEPRESSION, dupe. Etc etc. Sorry about reality.

Really? So once again... Obama the Messiah who told us : "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul
was stymied by W's world depression? How can that be? He's the Messiah. You smell nothing wrong with him!
Here join these other Obama worshippers... Is Barack Obama the Messiah?
Just a note... where are your links????
Idiot. All proven many times. Change the channel.

Not by you or anyone else.
Keep your fingers in your ears then. It's the New BS GOP way...

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare so it's utterly retarded to blame ObamaCare for it. The prices of prescriptions and treatments would be the same without ACA. At least ACA has increased the number of insured Americans despite its shortcomings.

Just agree that legislation is what's needed to cap expenses such as prescriptions. In the end more socialization is what's needed to fix our system. Despite what the Neanderthals on Fox News will tell you, Canada's healthcare system works. 91% of Canadians favor their system over the US's system. Western Europe also has great, affordable healthcare systems.

Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

not sure what you are talking about , I and my family have been benefiting from it for as long as I can remember. The sytem worked well the way it was and the care was excellent.

Im sorry, what exactly am I lying about?

There never was a problem except the gigantic waste found in "defensive Medicine" of $850 billion caused as this study which no one seems to feel like reading!
But staring us right in the face is the solution... that doctors under Federal contract can't be sued... but other doctors can!
That simple. Tort reform and a tax of 10% on lawyers tied to the reduction in the $850 billion would have an absolute DIRECT affect on health care costs.
The problem is everyone seems to have an opinion based on subjective experiences and that's not how things are solved.

Read what doctors are telling you they see as a major cost contributor!
http://www.jacksonhealthcare.com/media/8968/defensivemedicine_ebook_final.pdf

90% of physicians surveyed say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!

--- Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
--- 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
"Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the
1946 Federal Tort Claims Act. "
-- BUT........Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.
Consider that fact that of the physicians interviewed 52% DID NOT practice defensive medicine!
Who were they? Doctors contracted by federal government!
WHY did these doctors NOT practice "defensive medicine"??? 1946 Tort reform!
Good idea. Add it to ACA ASAP...

I'm sure you're just oblivious to reality and duped...it's the New BS GOP way...

I'm sure you're just oblivious to reality and duped...it's the New BS GOP way...
since you have a serious issue with even trying to address anyone that even remotely disagrees with you with any respect what so ever, I find it hard to concern myself with your opinion enough to even try to carry on a conversation.
You should work on that.
have a good one and try to just stick to the segments of the conversation you are involved with.

You are a vulgar low IQ moron.

ACA is a bloated Obamanation which substitutes Rule of Law for the Whim of Bureaucrats.

Hardly a surprise that you love it.

since you have a serious issue with even trying to address anyone that even remotely disagrees with you with any respect what so ever, I find it hard to concern myself with your opinion enough to even try to carry on a conversation.
You should work on that.
have a good one and try to just stick to the segments of the conversation you are involved with.
In other words, you're not lying. The story of GOP propaganda duping their base is THE story of the last 30 years...

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. You hate anything Obama comes up with so you come across like disingenuous douche bags anyway.

How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare. With that in mind, why was our healthcare system ever feasible?

First....take every Democrat in Washington out back and shoot them.

Then dig a big hole........

Put em in the hole.

Cover it over.

No more problem.

ACA is a bloated Obamanation which substitutes Rule of Law for the Whim of Bureaucrats.

Hardly a surprise that you love it.
I'll go with rule of law too lol...It's what everyone was told was the GOP/Heritage/Dole etc etc plan. It WORKS, even when being sabotaged by your hypocrite heroes...

Ok so you hate ObamaCare. Whatever. You hate anything Obama comes up with so you come across like disingenuous douche bags anyway.

How do we fix our healthcare woes? What, exactly, should be done to curb the increasing cost to the consumer of healthcare costs while wages have remained flat? Keep in mind that healthcare costs have been increasing long before ObamaCare. With that in mind, why was our healthcare system ever feasible?

First....take every Democrat in Washington out back and shoot them.

Then dig a big hole........

Put em in the hole.

Cover it over.

No more problem.
Lovely, hater dupes. Your hate and duped insanity are noted as always...

You will not get a straight answer from a CON on anything let alone something as complex as healthcare.

My solution starts with single payer via Medicare for everyone.

Government run medical research with the mission of fining cures.

Since the American medical industry is the biggest thief and killer in the history of mankind we need to arrest and prosecute most health care executives as terrorists. We need to confiscate their ill gotten wealth and the offshore trillions in tax shelters and create a sustaining health care account that will perpetually fund health care.

Free medical school. There is not reason for why medical school has to be so expensive. Currently medical schools are whores for big pharma. Teaching a pre-med graduate the healing arts should not cost so much.

Doctors are regulated on and licensed at a federal and state level.

Doctors are government employees and are limited to how many hours they can work per day. The receive as salary based on their skills not production.

Since health care is a right it comes with responsibilities so people who neglect their health, e.g. smoking, gluttony, drugging, drinking will face tax penalties.

The Obama haters are free to self pay but I would rather that they just eat shit and die.

Forum List

Back