Ryan: There will be no tariffs for companies that take jobs overseas

IS that why the 18th was a time of the United States being left further and further behind the rapidly industrializing rest of the world?

Oh, wait, no, the exact opposite happened.
You mean the 19th. And the rest of the world was Britain. Whose protectionist policies (their massive artificial controls on free trade like Trump proposes) allowed the U.S. to surpass them.

By the end of 19th century the Industrial Revolution had spread well outside of the US and the UK.

And the US, surpassed them all during this high tariff time period.
Again, your entire "time period" had countless amounts of shit going on. We are isolating tariffs here, not talking about an entire epoch of human civilization. Tariffs and subsidies are not real! The corn industry isn't booming because everybody wants corn! It's because the government shells out tons of money! Nothing is being created!

We don't have a trade deficit with China because of their governments brilliant tariff's against us... it's because they don't have anything! Their people get by on a dollar per day!

Are you sure about that? Chinese purchasing power is increasing. Are you sure that we have unfettered access to their market?
Yeah in the last 20 years they went from completely dead fucking broke to having some pocket change. But hey now as they're getting to a stage where it's time for them to spend let's start a trade war! Yeeeehaw MAGA!!!

Irrelevant I guess since Ryan just said republicans will never pass these stupid tariffs. The only decent thing they'll have done in years.
You fucking retard, other than the ALREADY wealthy in Shaghai, who the hell else in China gained from our Trade Policies.
Hell, if they're so damn wealthy why are they shitting in their pants over Trump?

Yeah in the last 20 years they went from completely dead fucking broke to having some pocket change. But hey now as they're getting to a stage where it's time for them to spend let's start a trade war! Yeeeehaw MAGA!!!

Irrelevant I guess since Ryan just said republicans will never pass these stupid tariffs. The only decent thing they'll have done in years.

You didn't address my question about our access. Are you sure?
What kind f unfettered access? Do you think they have unfettered access here?

They set new records for the largest trade surpluses ever, nearly every single year.

If there are "fetters" they are the weakest ass fetters of all time.

Are yousure we have unfettered access to their market?
Give me your definition of unfettered. We do billions of dollars of business woth them every year. What point are you trying to steer this towards?

You claimed that we had unfettered access. I just asked if you were sure.

If trade is not mutually beneficial, then why are we doing it?

And trade as lop sided as our trade with China is not beneficial.
Trade is absolutely mutually beneficial. Otherwise there would be no trade. That's how trade works.

But maybe you're right it is unfair. Why here, even welfare recipients have smart phones and TV's. In China, most of the people have barely anything.

You mean the 19th. And the rest of the world was Britain. Whose protectionist policies (their massive artificial controls on free trade like Trump proposes) allowed the U.S. to surpass them.

By the end of 19th century the Industrial Revolution had spread well outside of the US and the UK.

Again, your entire "time period" had countless amounts of shit going on. We are isolating tariffs here, not talking about an entire epoch of human civilization. Tariffs and subsidies are not real! The corn industry isn't booming because everybody wants corn! It's because the government shells out tons of money! Nothing is being created!

We don't have a trade deficit with China because of their governments brilliant tariff's against us... it's because they don't have anything! Their people get by on a dollar per day!

Are you sure about that? Chinese purchasing power is increasing. Are you sure that we have unfettered access to their market?

You fucking retard, other than the ALREADY wealthy in Shaghai, who the hell else in China gained from our Trade Policies.
Hell, if they're so damn wealthy why are they shitting in their pants over Trump?
You're all over the place dude. I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.

They set new records for the largest trade surpluses ever, nearly every single year.

Give me your definition of unfettered. We do billions of dollars of business woth them every year. What point are you trying to steer this towards?

Trade is absolutely mutually beneficial. Otherwise there would be no trade. That's how trade works.

But maybe you're right it is unfair. Why here, even welfare recipients have smart phones and TV's. In China, most of the people have barely anything.
Beneficial in the US for those who can invest.
What about the other 98.8% of Americans?

You're all over the place dude. I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.
You mean you have NO response to the critique of your narcissism.
You just claimed that China was BENEFITTING from Trade with AMERICA.
You OMITTED that only the WEALTHY in China were benefitting.
You're very good at editing out facts, aren't you?

I don't see how our shipping industry and jobs to China has been of benefit to US.

I don't see how our shipping industry and jobs to China has been of benefit to US.
All TOS can see is his paycheck and bonus.
HE keeps changing the goal posts and then accuses US of changing the goal posts.
Not to worry, I run into these Globalists all the time and their Modus Operendi is IDENTICAL.

Then support bringing sweatshops to the U.S. and dramatically decreasing our quality of life. We've got to get down to their level to compete right?

Then support bringing sweatshops to the U.S. and dramatically decreasing our quality of life. We've got to get down to their level to compete right?
I guess those millions of trespassers must be living in luxury.
Very weak and desperate, TOS.

Don't pretend that all the jobs shipped to China have been sweatshop jobs.

No, we don't have to get down to their level to compete.

If trade with them is not a benefit to US, and I don't believe it is, then shut it down.

If trade with them is not a benefit to US, and I don't believe it is, then shut it down.
Okay. Congress will never agree to that since trade is beneficial to the U.S. You can carry on if you want. This thread, like massive tariffs and subsidies, is fucking stupid.

Okay. Congress will never agree to that since trade is beneficial to the U.S. You can carry on if you want. This thread, like massive tariffs and subsidies, is fucking stupid.

i would love to see those assholes defending the idea that sending 400 billion to china a year is of benefit to US.

i would love to see those assholes defending the idea that sending 400 billion to china a year is of benefit to US.
. Benefits the 1%, while keeping the masses drowning in cheap chit, and filling up the landfields quicker than you can say bodiddly. Ohh the mess a few rich elitist can make for this nation. How about let's go back to making products that last in which empowers Americans by allowing them to keep more of their incomes, allows for less pollution, creates a more stable middle class in society, creates more ingenuity, creativity, stability and so on and so forth. The current ideology has come to a head, and the people know this, and that is what Trump ran on as a platform I'm thinking. Better products, better jobs, less pollution, more stability, less cheap chit dumped on America, and a strong middle class again. We just have to break out of the mindset in which has been spoon-fed to us for a few decades now.

Looks like Donald Trump doesn't even have a mandate in his own party:
“We’re not going to be raising tariffs,” Ryan said on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”
- See more at: Ryan Bucks Trump, Says Congress Will Not Raise Tariffs

Companies that were scared about sending jobs to Mexico can now be in peace again.

It is also possible that Trump always knew that there would be no tariffs, but used this promise to make gullible protectionist vote for him.
Who gives a fuck. Ryan is not the President.

Companies that were scared about sending jobs to Mexico can now be in peace again.

It is also possible that Trump always knew that there would be no tariffs, but used this promise to make gullible protectionist vote for him.
Who gives a fuck. Ryan is not the President.
. True, and let's hope Trump is man enough to work for the American people, and not cave to the bull crap that these repubs have been doing to this country under the guise of hating Democrats for the same reasons they may have been engaged in also. Keep a close eye out people.

Trump never did have a mandate with Republicans. They didn't even show up for his convention. They tried to block him at every opportunity. They would have preferred Hillary Clinton, because they hate Donald Trump so much.

Republicans would never agree to tariffs, or imposing a 10% penalty tax on American corporations. NEVER. That's more like something that would have come out of Bernie Sander's mouth, never a Republican.

Now with this Russian connection confirmed--Trump is going to end up being the most ineffective, lame duck President ever to be sworn into the Oval office.

Trump has very few friends on the hill, but he and his supporters have made a hell of a lot of enemies in both houses, especially the Republican senate. They are leading the charge on this Russian hacking, and wouldn't have any problems what so ever signing off on impeachment proceedings. This is the most bipartisanship we've seen since 9/11, & I am betting it's going to continue to block Trump on a lot of things. No respect here, that's for dam certain.

danziger4546.jpg

Senate & House Republicans maybe be perfectly content on sinking the Trump Titanic with his supporters on board.

Last edited:

Trump never did have a mandate with Republicans. They didn't even show up for his convention. They tried to block him at every opportunity. They would have preferred Hillary Clinton, because they hate Donald Trump so much.

Republicans would never agree to tariffs, or imposing a 10% penalty tax on American corporations. NEVER. That's more like something that would have come out of Bernie Sander's mouth, never a Republican.

Now with this Russian connection confirmed--Trump is going to end up being the most ineffective, lame duck President ever to be sworn into the Oval office.

Trump has very few friends on the hill, but he and his supporters have made a hell of a lot of enemies in both houses, especially the Republican senate. They are leading the charge on this Russian hacking, and wouldn't have any problems what so ever signing off on impeachment proceedings.

danziger4546.jpg
. Dream on... You people are so predictable that it's hilarious.. You do realize that you are talking about Trump right ??? This cat survived everything anyone could throw at him, and you think that he is done ?? ROTFLMBO. To discard Trump is to discard his whole transition team, and how dang stupid is that ?? Get ready for the flippin ride of your lives, because you ain't seen nothing yet. Oh and as for the idiots Lindsey crybaby Graham and washed up MCcain, well they can hide behind their bull crap but for so long, and then they will be regretting their stance against the American people who are fed up not only with Democrats, but with the likes of the sell out Mitch Mconnel and them too.

Trump has very few friends on the hill, but he and his supporters have made a hell of a lot of enemies in both houses, especially the Republican senate. They are leading the charge on this Russian hacking, and wouldn't have any problems what so ever signing off on impeachment proceedings.

danziger4546.jpg
. Dream on... You people are so predictable that it's hilarious.. You do realize that you are talking about Trump right ??? This cat survived everything anyone could throw at him, and you think that he is done ?? ROTFLMBO. To discard Trump is to discard his whole transition team, and how dang stupid is that ?? Get ready for the flippin ride of your lives, because you ain't seen nothing yet. Oh and as for the idiots Lindsey crybaby Graham and washed up MCcain, well they can hide behind their bull crap but for so long, and then they will be regretting their stance against the American people who are fed up not only with Democrats, but with the likes of the sell out Mitch Mconnel etc.

The Liberals & Neo-Conservatives haven't seen ANYTHING yet.

danziger4546.jpg
. Dream on... You people are so predictable that it's hilarious.. You do realize that you are talking about Trump right ??? This cat survived everything anyone could throw at him, and you think that he is done ?? ROTFLMBO. To discard Trump is to discard his whole transition team, and how dang stupid is that ?? Get ready for the flippin ride of your lives, because you ain't seen nothing yet. Oh and as for the idiots Lindsey crybaby Graham and washed up MCcain, well they can hide behind their bull crap but for so long, and then they will be regretting their stance against the American people who are fed up not only with Democrats, but with the likes of the sell out Mitch Mconnel etc.

The Liberals & Neo-Conservatives haven't seen ANYTHING yet.

While you think you have elected a KING--you really haven't. The executive branch has so much power, but there's just as much power in the Senate and House. If the Senate and House don't want tariffs there will be no tariffs. If the senate and house don't want a wall there will be no wall. If the senate and house refuse to impose a penalty tax on American corporations there will be no such tax etc. etc. etc.

th

Forum List

Back