SAFE Act activist arrested...

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Irony, thy name is Dwayne Ferguson.

AR-140209069.jpg

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.
He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.
No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.
Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Associates defend man who had gun in school - City & Region - The Buffalo News

Did you get that, the guy that wants to keep everyone from owning a gun has a gun, and a carry permit, in one of the toughest places to get a permit in the country. In fact, the only people that get them are cops, politicians, and community organizers who want to take away people's guns.

Actually it speaks volumes for the inherent corruption of our political system today. The one thing keeping them from going totally out of control is the private citizen's right to bear arms. That's why there is such a concerted effort to abolish that right.

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.
He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.
No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.
Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Did you get that, the guy that wants to keep everyone from owning a gun has a gun, and a carry permit, in one of the toughest places to get a permit in the country. In fact, the only people that get them are cops, politicians, and community organizers who want to take away people's guns.

I'd love to see a link to this guy saying he wants to keep everyone from owning a gun...

Last edited:
Actually it speaks volumes for the inherent corruption of our political system today. The one thing keeping them from going totally out of control is the private citizen's right to bear arms. That's why there is such a concerted effort to abolish that right.

This is such a sad indictment of US politics. Pretty much the rest of the first world has fiercely restricted firearm ownership without rampant political corruption taking over.

How so?

What "corruption" are you referring to?

AR-140209069.jpg

apparently he see the safe act isnt so safe

I'd love to see a link to this guy saying he wants to keep everyone from owning a gun...

Why would I say that?

He supported the SAFE Act, which is intended to restrict who can own a gun. He said that it didn't go far enough because it did not address pistols.

But you are right, he only wants people who are not him to not have a gun.

Why would I say that?

He supported the SAFE Act, which is intended to restrict who can own a gun. He said that it didn't go far enough because it did not address pistols.

No. The SAFE act is not intended to "restrict who can own a gun". It restricts what guns can be owned.

It's not the same thing. Pretending gun laws are all or nothing is silly. It is not impossible to support private ownership of firearms AND support some gun restrictions.

Why would I say that?

No. The SAFE act is not intended to "restrict who can own a gun". It restricts what guns can be owned.

It's not the same thing. Pretending gun laws are all or nothing is silly. It is not impossible to support private ownership of firearms AND support some gun restrictions.

You mean like banning firearms solely on the way they look? That is what assault weapons bans do. There is no difference between a supposed assault weapon and any other semi automatic rifle. Further less than 400 rifles a year are used in murders and almost none are used in other crimes.

Why would I say that?

You mean like banning firearms solely on the way they look? That is what assault weapons bans do. There is no difference between a supposed assault weapon and any other semi automatic rifle. Further less than 400 rifles a year are used in murders and almost none are used in other crimes.

I own 3 "black" guns, and in no way support these ridiculous aesthetic gun bans.

Yet I do support universal background checks, and other gun restrictions.

That's my point.

I own 3 "black" guns, and in no way support these ridiculous aesthetic gun bans.

Yet I do support universal background checks, and other gun restrictions.

That's my point.
And if Obama and his butt buddies were not stupid ignorant morons they would have Universal Background checks. Unable to understand the reality of the political climate they, as usual, over reached and got nothing.

Why would I say that?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are flat out wrong, the SAFE Act expanded the definition of prohibited persons based on nothing more than a doctor's say so, which means it restricted the category of who could own guns.

Could you expand on this? To me it smacks of paranoia or a complete misunderstanding of how politics works in this nation. Or were you born and raised in Northern Ireland where the gun was an essential tool in politics?

classic leftard - "what I am permitted to have/do/own is not for the masses".

This is such a sad indictment of US politics. Pretty much the rest of the first world has fiercely restricted firearm ownership without rampant political corruption taking over.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks. We have 2nd Amendment. you - do not.

that's the difference.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks. We have 2nd Amendment. you - do not.

that's the difference.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks

And right here is the problem. First quite a lot of people do as international trade is pretty important. Secondly everybody else in the world sees the second amendment as an anochronism from a time when there were actual frontiers in the gereat history of the United States, when wild animals and bandits were a genuine threat and law enforcement was nonexistant.

The lie that people come out with so often that they believe it to be truth that somehow gun ownership keeps the government honest is really laughable when you take a step backwards and have a look at it.

that's the difference.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks

And right here is the problem. First quite a lot of people do as international trade is pretty important. Secondly everybody else in the world sees the second amendment as an anochronism from a time when there were actual frontiers in the gereat history of the United States, when wild animals and bandits were a genuine threat and law enforcement was nonexistant.

The lie that people come out with so often that they believe it to be truth that somehow gun ownership keeps the government honest is really laughable when you take a step backwards and have a look at it.

Let me guess, you think you made some sort of logical argument. Let me explain why you are wrong.

The United States is in the minority. This is the only country in the world where people are, in theory, free to say anything and not get punished for it. Every other country imposes some pretty hefty restrictions on speech. You may, or may not, agree with those restrictions, but should we lock people up just because other countries do, and we want to trade with them? Did you know that, in Germany, it is actually illegal to deny the holocaust? Should we pass the same law here in order to keep importing BMWs?

By the way, thanks for proving how stupid it is to insist that we should care about what other countries do.

AR-140209069.jpg

Sounds like the guy is doing some good work -- too bad he didn't follow the law.

Forum List

Back