San Fran bans burning wood for Christmas Eve

When I still lived in the SF bay area 14 or so years ago (born, raised, and ejookated in kalifernia.) ;) many cities and towns had already banned fireplace fires because it's bad for the atmosphere, which it is. So this isn't about Christmas. New homes back then were forbidden from including fireplaces since laws were being made banning all such fireplace fires.

Isn't the pioneer days any more. Not gonna freeze to death in the bay area without being able to set things on fire. :) Other places like further north sure you need a fireplace fire but in the bay area, not so much. Winter there is like 50F at its worst typically. :)

Gays don't need anal sex there especially given the HIV risk, ban that too?

Oh wait, liberals get to do the banning

Everyone has a tushy for enjoying anal intercourse or penetration. Isn't just the gay men dear...:) Straight guys have one too.

Last edited:
You guys, it's 57 degrees in SF right now. I think we'll somehow survive without fires tonight.

When I still lived in the SF bay area 14 or so years ago (born, raised, and ejookated in kalifernia.) ;) many cities and towns had already banned fireplace fires because it's bad for the atmosphere, which it is. So this isn't about Christmas. New homes back then were forbidden from including fireplaces since laws were being made banning all such fireplace fires.

more idiocy in kalifernia.

nothing surprising, though.

I like that a ban on something that is unnecessary and harmful for the environment is somehow wrong.

Also, the weather in SF is not conducive to moving smog away or dissipating it.

Just an FYI, the ban is not constant and is determined by health officials.

"There has been no recent rain, winds are light and the mid-week forecast calls for dry, mild weather, which means pollutants that have built up close to the ground will remain stagnant and the air will be unhealthy to breathe, district officials said."

from: Wood Burning Banned As Christmas Day Spare The Air Alert Issued « CBS San Francisco

They issue these bans or alerts only 24 hours in advance. This is not about lib vs con.

There is an unusual weather system affecting the Nrn California coast in which there is little in the way or steering wind currents which mix the air at various levels of the near ground atmosphere. This creates a temperature inversion. Warm air aloft with cooler air near the surface. The result is the smoke and other particulate cannot disperse into the atmosphere.
The burn ban is understandable.

I like that a ban on something that is unnecessary and harmful for the environment is somehow wrong.

Also, the weather in SF is not conducive to moving smog away or dissipating it.

San Francisco does not have a smog problem.
Generally, the winds are active enough so that pollutants are dispersed rather easily.
The burn ban is temporary until the weather pattern changes.

San Francisco is environmentally conscious. It has ideal weather year around and good air quality, making it a very desirable place to live and visit.

Forum List

Back