🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Sanctuary Cities" Are Done As Of January 20

I think it is going to be a huge, drawn-out battle.

If you cut funding for the cities....and people begin to suffer for it - the Libs will blame the GOP, claiming they are heartless and want people to suffer and die. It will be up to Trump / the GOP to remind people THEY are not doing it, that the Mayors of these Sanctuary Cities are violating Federal Law, are making the well-being of criminal illegals in their cities a higher priority than law-abiding citizens, and that all the cities have to do to regain federal funding is to STOP violating Federal law....even in that means turning on and removing their mayors from power.

Can you cite the legal authority for a President to unilaterally cut off federal funding to a specific city?

If you cut funding for the cities....and people begin to suffer for it - the Libs will blame the GOP, claiming they are heartless and want people to suffer and die. It will be up to Trump / the GOP to remind people THEY are not doing it, that the Mayors of these Sanctuary Cities are violating Federal Law, are making the well-being of criminal illegals in their cities a higher priority than law-abiding citizens, and that all the cities have to do to regain federal funding is to STOP violating Federal law....even in that means turning on and removing their mayors from power.

Can you cite the legal authority for a President to unilaterally cut off federal funding to a specific city?

More than likely he won't do it by himself. But given who the leadership in Congress are, I don't think it will take much convincing to cut those funds which Congress does have the authority to do.

The same one that allows a President to pull over a billion dollars out of his ass and hand it to the worlds leading sponsor of terrorism.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government..

Liberals do not have the right to violate Federal Law when they disagree with it or simply do not want to follow it. I know Barry has done so since the 1st week he became President & Hillary has done so all her life, but it is still CRIMINAL.

I personally don't want MY tax dollars to go towards funding cities' acts of violating federal law. If they want to do so, let them rely on / spend their own money to do so.

Cities are legally responsible for enforcing federal law? That must have happened during one of my afternoon naps. Are feds also responsible for ticketing speeders in Broadway Boulevard now?

Traffics laws are not he realm of the Feds. And yes, you rob a bank in LA, which is a federal crime, LAPD will arrest you. As they will if an arrest warrant issued for you for tax evasion.

Funny that the RW'ers had a totally different set of principles when the topic was state and local governments ignoring federal gun laws, or federal marriage laws.

What federal gun laws are you talking about? What marriage laws are you talking about?

Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government.

Interesting.

Gotta add that to the list of shit conservatives suddenly don't care about .

Funny that the RW'ers had a totally different set of principles when the topic was state and local governments ignoring federal gun laws, or federal marriage laws.

What federal gun laws are you talking about? What marriage laws are you talking about?

You had that Alabama judge and that clerk who wouldn't issue gays marriage licenses .

And there were sheriffs who said they would enforce some gun law . I forget exactly .

You had that Alabama judge and that clerk who wouldn't issue gays marriage licenses .

And there were sheriffs who said they would enforce some gun law . I forget exactly .

He knows what I was referring to. He's just being a shit.

The same one that allows a President to pull over a billion dollars out of his ass and hand it to the worlds leading sponsor of terrorism.

So there is no such law. LOL, you idiots never learn do you?

Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government.

Interesting.

Gotta add that to the list of shit conservatives suddenly don't care about .

I've said for years and years,

conservatives don't hate big government, they just hate the other guy's big government.

The churches claim they'll take in the beaners to deny their deportation. That will last about 3 days and nights until the pews are full of trash and smell like burrito farts. :lol:

What do you call 4 mehicans drowing in the Rio Grande?

quatro sinko.

More than likely he won't do it by himself. But given who the leadership in Congress are, I don't think it will take much convincing to cut those funds which Congress does have the authority to do.

Good luck

Senate Democrats block bill to strip federal funds from 'sanctuary cities'

There are 3 cities in Texas considered sanctuary cities. Will the Texas delegation to

So you believe that Trump could only do this illegally.

There are 3 cities in Texas considered sanctuary cities. Will the Texas delegation to

Are you saying Obamas pen and phone are illegal?

EO.

Are you saying Obamas pen and phone are illegal?

You're in the wrong thread.

Forum List

Back