🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Sanctuary Cities" Are Done As Of January 20

So let the feds enforce it, not the states.
Exactly.....
The feds are not asking the states to enforce it all they want is the states to notify the proper federal agencies so that they can enforce the law
Yep....whose better equipped to handle the law breakers than the local cops.....let the Feds handle it from there....
Sanctuary cities refuse to even notify the federal authorities
The cost of the deportation process comes out of their budgets. That's why.
Perhaps if they policied their cities better so they weren't sanctuary cities.....

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government..

Liberals do not have the right to violate Federal Law when they disagree with it or simply do not want to follow it. I know Barry has done so since the 1st week he became President & Hillary has done so all her life, but it is still CRIMINAL.

I personally don't want MY tax dollars to go towards funding cities' acts of violating federal law. If they want to do so, let them rely on / spend their own money to do so.

Cities are legally responsible for enforcing federal law? That must have happened during one of my afternoon naps. Are feds also responsible for ticketing speeders in Broadway Boulevard now?

Traffics laws are not he realm of the Feds. And yes, you rob a bank in LA, which is a federal crime, LAPD will arrest you. As they will if an arrest warrant issued for you for tax evasion.

Soggy, don't give up your day job to practice law. Cities not only have no responsibilities to enforce federal law, they also do not have courts in which to try people for federal crimes. Witness the fact the marijuana is legal in several states, but illegal under federal law. Not only that, many cities do not detain people suspected of committing federal crimes because the feds do no reimburse them for the costs of holding suspects in jail. States may choose to cooperate with federal law enforcement if they want to. On the other hand, if they choose not to cooperate, there is no way that they can be legally forced to. And, no. No state is going to arrest you for federal tax evasion. They may arrest you for failure to follow state payroll withholding laws, but they don't give a rat's ass if you cheat on your federal taxes or not.
Fine, just cut all federal funding...it's really that simple....

Definately don't quit your day job.....:lol:

Bo, if you think that a Republican Congressman is going to vote to cut off federal grants to a city made of of his own constituents, you are even more delusional that Trump. At least he knows when he is just talking bullshit.

So none of you can tell us what laws the cities are breaking, but you want them punished for breaking the law.

Goddam, it never ends around here.

RICO statutes enough for you, fruitcake? Willfully giving felons sanctuary is aiding and abetting.
Did you get your JD? Out of a damn Cracker Jack box? Here is the codified bit of RICO from 18USC §§1961-1968;
18 U.S. Code Chapter 96 - RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS
Exactly where would one or more of the sanctuary cities be conducting “racketeering activity” or any other activity set out in RICO in the statute range cited immediately above? Did you fall off a stool at the drugstore, cowboy, and hit you head?

If a sanctuary city loses federal funds, they might just decide to make up the difference by cutting back their police force.

"And we will be cutting back donuts to only on odd-numbered Wednesdays."

Or they will have to increase taxes and explain why to their constituents.

Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.
So where's the link?

As for clawbacks, nope. Not gonna happen.

Waiting on FOX. Was reported 5 minutes before the OP. I caught the end and missed the judge's name.

Liberals do not have the right to violate Federal Law when they disagree with it or simply do not want to follow it. I know Barry has done so since the 1st week he became President & Hillary has done so all her life, but it is still CRIMINAL.

I personally don't want MY tax dollars to go towards funding cities' acts of violating federal law. If they want to do so, let them rely on / spend their own money to do so.

Cities are legally responsible for enforcing federal law? That must have happened during one of my afternoon naps. Are feds also responsible for ticketing speeders in Broadway Boulevard now?

Traffics laws are not he realm of the Feds. And yes, you rob a bank in LA, which is a federal crime, LAPD will arrest you. As they will if an arrest warrant issued for you for tax evasion.

Soggy, don't give up your day job to practice law. Cities not only have no responsibilities to enforce federal law, they also do not have courts in which to try people for federal crimes. Witness the fact the marijuana is legal in several states, but illegal under federal law. Not only that, many cities do not detain people suspected of committing federal crimes because the feds do no reimburse them for the costs of holding suspects in jail. States may choose to cooperate with federal law enforcement if they want to. On the other hand, if they choose not to cooperate, there is no way that they can be legally forced to. And, no. No state is going to arrest you for federal tax evasion. They may arrest you for failure to follow state payroll withholding laws, but they don't give a rat's ass if you cheat on your federal taxes or not.

Bo, if you think that a Republican Congressman is going to vote to cut off federal grants to a city made of of his own constituents, you are even more delusional that Trump. At least he knows when he is just talking bullshit.
I think Trump can afford ink and batteries for Obamas pen and phone....:lol:

It isn't going to happen, Bo. just like all the other promises he made that he is backing out of, now that he was convinced all the Trumpettes of his sincerity to get elected. He is backpedaling so fast that his hair is still waving in the breeze in New Jersey, while he is half way to Florida for his vacation and fake suntan treatment.

It isn't going to happen, Bo. just like all the other promises he made that he is backing out of, now that he was convinced all the Trumpettes of his sincerity to get elected. He is backpedaling so fast that his hair is still waving in the breeze in New Jersey, while he is half way to Florida for his vacation and fake suntan treatment.
You still believe your msm and Hillary winning? :lol:

Everybody lost, Bo. In 6 months, nobody who voted from Trump is going to be able to point to a single thing that he promised that had been delivered. Those of us that voted against him knew that it was all smoke and mirrors from the first salvo of his campaign, which was that he was going to deport 12 million illegals in 2 years, build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it. None of that will happen, either. In our case, the pain was sharp and sudden, on election night. In your case, it will be like chiseling out an impacted wisdom tooth with a dull knife over a period of months. democrats knew that all of that was just talk. However, he can, and probably will make decisions devastating to the economy. Consequently, last week, I converted 100% of my stock to cash.

Everybody lost, Bo. In 6 months, nobody who voted from Trump is going to be able to point to a single thing that he promised that had been delivered. Those of us that voted against him knew that it was all smoke and mirrors from the first salvo of his campaign, which was that he was going to deport 12 million illegals in 2 years, build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it. None of that will happen, either. In our case, the pain was sharp and sudden, on election night. In your case, it will be like chiseling out an impacted wisdom tooth with a dull knife over a period of months. democrats knew that all of that was just talk. However, he can, and probably will make decisions devastating to the economy. Consequently, last week, I converted 100% of my stock to cash.

In realty, Hillary was no different. All the things she promised never would have came through either. Why? Because our structure of government.

The candidates can tell us what they would like to do, but those who understand politics and our government structure realize many of those promises are not possible. All bills originate in Congress.

The Republicans would never have passed free college. Nor would they have passed paid leave or a national minimum wage increase. They won't let Trump go on a spending spree, and for the things he wants to spend on that Congress agrees with, they will have to find cuts to fund them.

I think it is going to be a huge, drawn-out battle.

If you cut funding for the cities....and people begin to suffer for it - the Libs will blame the GOP, claiming they are heartless and want people to suffer and die. It will be up to Trump / the GOP to remind people THEY are not doing it, that the Mayors of these Sanctuary Cities are violating Federal Law, are making the well-being of criminal illegals in their cities a higher priority than law-abiding citizens, and that all the cities have to do to regain federal funding is to STOP violating Federal law....even in that means turning on and removing their mayors from power.

The longer the battle ... The more money the cities will owe.

The legislation is already in place ... The Justice department warned the cities they had to comply in June or July of this year (before the election).
All President Elect Trump has to do is Not Interfere with what has already been established as the outcome ... And approve policy that has already been established.

No one is telling the states or cities what they have to do ... They are just telling them that if they want federal funding they will have to comply with federal law.
There were states that decided not to take the federal funding that was associated with requirements in the ACA ... So it is more of a "put your money where your mouth is" option.

Thank President Obama and Loretta Lynch ... Because they are the ones who made it possible.

Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.

I'm hearing that the Mayors and Law enforcement heads may be subject to lawsuits as well. University Presidents might also face the same.

Link forthcoming.

I'm hearing that the Mayors and Law enforcement heads may be subject to lawsuits as well. University Presidents might also face the same.

Municipal leaders will be subject to arrest, I believe.

Forum List

Back