Sanders: 'We have got to apologize for slavery'

xdangerousxdavex

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Sanders We have got to apologize for slavery TheHill

Funny agenda he has. Apologizing for slavery that was started centuries ago and was ended more than a century ago. I wonder if he’s sincere, looks like just an attempt to steal African-American votes from Hillary.

It’s better to keep silence than to talk useless. In my opinion, such speeches by politicians make people remember dark chapters of history, remember that we were divided by race, what is in the past already.

Funny agenda he has. Apologizing for slavery that was started centuries ago and was ended more than a century ago. I wonder if he’s sincere, looks like just an attempt to steal African-American votes from Hillary.

It’s better to keep silence than to talk useless. In my opinion, such speeches by politicians make people remember dark chapters of history, remember that we were divided by race, what is in the past already.

Congress Apologizes for Slavery Jim Crow NPR

I guess this far left drone does not get the yearly updates..

My ancestors never owned slaves, however they were enslaved so Bernie needs to apologize to me....and give me reparations :)

My ancestors never owned slaves, however they were enslaved so Bernie needs to apologize to me....and give me reparations :)
I have Irish, Scot and German ancestors. Some of the Irish relatives were indentured.

I don't know for sure if any of mine were but I'm sure somewhere it could be traced. Blacks think they own "slavery" in the US, they don't. The difference is we Irish don't dwell on it, we overcame and moved on.

OK, how much? Does $1 trillion in disproportionate welfare payments count? How about preferential hiring and promotion practices over the last 50 years? Care to put a price tag on that? Anything else?

Last edited:

AGAIN!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT THE DEMOCRATS DID A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YEARS AGO?????

I have Irish, Scot and German ancestors. Some of the Irish relatives were indentured.

I don't know for sure if any of mine were but I'm sure somewhere it could be traced. Blacks think they own "slavery" in the US, they don't. The difference is we Irish don't dwell on it, we overcame and moved on.

Indenture servitude is different that being a slave in perpetuity. Being owned as property and having your kids owned as property seems to me to be good enough criteria to be the owner of "American Slavery".

AGAIN!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT THE DEMOCRATS DID A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YEARS AGO?????
The Democrats? You mean the founding fathers, since they created a slave republic.

Indenture servitude is different that being a slave in perpetuity. Being owned as property and having your kids owned as property seems to me to be good enough criteria to be the owner of "American Slavery".

Read the book White Cargo and get back to me, pooch. Jeebus you are annoying

AGAIN!!!!

The Democrats? You mean the founding fathers, since they created a slave republic.

And the far left continues the political slavery tradition of old Europe!

AGAIN!!!!

"The Democrats" didn't even exist a couple of hundred years ago. Take a history class.

My great grandfather was a Union officer and lost an arm fighting in the Civil War. Does my family get reparations as well?

Slavery is one thing; the concept of racism that was invented to rationalize it is another.

The thing is, not only were the Irish (unlike most Africans) able to buy (work off) their freedom.... nobody put us in a lower caste based on our skin colour.

So this is at least the third thread on a throwaway Sanders line. Resurrected from a week ago.
Getting a little desperate, are we, OP? :::scrape::: :::scrape::: :::scrape:::

Forum List

Back