Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
You know that Joe doesn't care about people's lives. His "concern" is strictly politically motivated. Notice he doesn't go off the rails about other deaths . . .

Every day, 28 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 53 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.

Okay, let's look at that. We have thousands of police officers engaged in enforcing DUI Laws. We have laws like BASSETT, which train bartenders to recognize when a patron is intoxicated to the point of impairment. We have the alcohol companies themselves spending billions of dollars to tell us to use their products responsibly. None of this was done out of the goodness of anyone's hearts. It was done when enough people got sued.

Now, we could do something like mandate that every car be equipped with a blow-meter as standard equipment.

Yes, because I'm sure the first thing a criminal will do when he gets a hot gun or straw buyer to get a gun for him is look at those warning labels the way smokers and drinkers carefully do.

Again, guy, criminals aren't the problem here. Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal. he was a nut whose crazy mother had military grade weapons she never should have been allowed to buy.

You know that Joe doesn't care about people's lives. His "concern" is strictly politically motivated. Notice he doesn't go off the rails about other deaths . . .

Every day, 28 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 53 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.

Okay, let's look at that. We have thousands of police officers engaged in enforcing DUI Laws. We have laws like BASSETT, which train bartenders to recognize when a patron is intoxicated to the point of impairment. We have the alcohol companies themselves spending billions of dollars to tell us to use their products responsibly. None of this was done out of the goodness of anyone's hearts. It was done when enough people got sued.

Now, we could do something like mandate that every car be equipped with a blow-meter as standard equipment.

You must really cry in joy ever time you read the book 1984, don't you??????

No. The founding slave racists said you couldn't take my gu..firearms.

no, the Founding Slave Rapists said your state could have a well-regulated militia. I know you guys get confused on this point.
And?

The majority of those who own firearms have served or are serving in the military. Your "well regulated militia."

My firearms are tools. They cannot fire themselves.

You can't have them. Got balls enough to come and get them?

Last edited:
You can't see government using the courts to put companies out of business that they don't like as a bad thing? Because if anybody would set that precedent, then alcohol companies are next. Who would you like to live in a dry country????

again, the Alcohol companies aren't in any real danger because they are responsible corporate citizens. The gun industry is in the crosshairs because they are manifestly irresponsible.

Yes, because I'm sure the first thing a criminal will do when he gets a hot gun or straw buyer to get a gun for him is look at those warning labels the way smokers and drinkers carefully do.

Again, guy, criminals aren't the problem here. Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal. he was a nut whose crazy mother had military grade weapons she never should have been allowed to buy.

Why shouldn't she have been allowed to buy guns? She wasn't a criminal either.

This is the type of thinking that makes people come out against people in your movement.

Not that long ago a MADD executive was caught drunk driving in Florida. I hate hypocrisy.

You can't see government using the courts to put companies out of business that they don't like as a bad thing? Because if anybody would set that precedent, then alcohol companies are next. Who would you like to live in a dry country????

again, the Alcohol companies aren't in any real danger because they are responsible corporate citizens. The gun industry is in the crosshairs because they are manifestly irresponsible.

Irresponsible? In what way??? What has the gun industry done illegal or wrong?

Most killing are committed by gang members. They kill each other off, and these killings are a blessing to the community.

We have 16,000 homicides a year in this country, of which only 1800 a year a gang related. Most of the rest are domestic arguments that got out of hand.
What does this have to do with "MY" firearms?

Last edited:

Nothing

This is just another push to remove responsibility from the individual and place it on a third party.

Most killing are committed by gang members. They kill each other off, and these killings are a blessing to the community.

We have 16,000 homicides a year in this country, of which only 1800 a year a gang related. Most of the rest are domestic arguments that got out of hand.
What does this have to with "MY" firearms?
Guns MAKE you kill people didn't you know that just like a bottle of liquor in proximity to a car makes you drive drunk

I'm sure the ultimate goal here is to try to put gun manufacturers out of business.

That is all this is about.....Lawfare is one of the best tools of left wing regressives........they bypass congress and even the supreme court if they can sue gun makers......

Nothing

This is just another push to remove responsibility from the individual and place it on a third party.

It's amazing. I think the reason any lib knows anything about the US Constitution is so they can figure out a way to get around it. I seriously think that's why DumBama studied it in school.

Victims of Drunk Driver accidents can / should be able to sue the maker of whatever alcohol the drunk driver was drinking...

....after all, it was the booze's fault, right?!

Actually, it was the car that did the killing, so they should be able to sue Toyota, Ford, and any other car maker......

The type of handgun that Lanza allegedly used ejects shells.....and they fly up....if you believe this 19 year old shrimp had a semi automatic and then used it to kill himself? That is your deal......
Shells don't eject into your face with any regularity, who could sell such a gun? I did have a .45acp round hit my forehead once, but only once. Were you doing the gansta sideways shooting?

Lanza used a handgun, not the AR. Yes, you can put a semi-auto round through your skull, why wouldn't you be able to?

As far as the OP, I believe the suit would only apply to Connecticut manufacturer, like Bushmaster (last I heard). Many of them are fleeing the north due to this sort of hostility. I don't see how a Connecticut ruling could effect another state. But as said, the suit will be a big loser for the idiots, the weapon, even if used, wasn't defective.

Incorrect.
Based on what, your personal theory?

Coroner Confirms: No Assault Weapon Used in Sandy Hook Shooting | Conservative Byte
An AR-15, or the so-called “Assault Weapon”, was not used in the school shooting. The shooter even tried weeks earlier to buy a rifle but was turned down in the background check. So he had to kill his Mother to steal her rifle. There were initial reports, right after the shooting, that police found the AR-15 in his car, NOT IN THE SCHOOL. The rifle was not used. The shooter went into the school with 4 handguns, NOT an Assault Rifle as the media has charged.

Victims of Drunk Driver accidents can / should be able to sue the maker of whatever alcohol the drunk driver was drinking...

....after all, it was the booze's fault, right?!

Actually, it was the car that did the killing, so they should be able to sue Toyota, Ford, and any other car maker......

But the booze MADE them drink just like a gun MAKES people kill

Nothing

It's amazing. I think the reason any lib knows anything about the US Constitution is so they can figure out a way to get around it. I seriously think that's why DumBama studied it in school.

I agree...his mother hated this country as did his grand father and his mentor, Frank Marshal Davis.....he studied the law to undermine it....

Forum List

Back