Sarah is getting her Lung transplant!!!! :)

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Thank you Lord....it came just in time! I haven't heard if she's out of surgery yet.....
I pray that it all works out for her.....

It's sad too, that someone had to lose their life so this could happen. Pray for that family!

(If this was already posted I didn't see it.....please merge!!)

Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old girl suffering from end-stage cystic fibrosis whose bid to get a transplant from adult lungs drew national attention, was getting a lung transplant Wednesday.
10-year-old girl undergoing surgery for lung transplant

Last edited:
I cannot thank the Lord. Nor can I say a prayer for her. This is all very sad with no winners. I could not be happy that Sarah's life was bought with the life of someone else. It makes me glad I'm not a donor.

I cannot thank the Lord. Nor can I say a prayer for her. This is all very sad with no winners. I could not be happy that Sarah's life was bought with the life of someone else. It makes me glad I'm not a donor.

I guess we have to trust that the Lord knows best. I understand how this would cause mixed emotions. It's sad someone died. And it's wonderful that a life could be saved. We don't really know God's will.

All the news shows are talking about the happy news. Isn't it wonderful. Every one of then should be required to go up tp the next person they see and say "I hope your mother dies. It would be wonderful if your daughter was in a fatal car accident." That would put it in a proper perspective.

Transplantation has made us a nation of ghouls and grave robbers. My husband was in evaluation to get a liver transplant. I knew it was something I would have to live with. I would never be joyful and take pleasure in the death of someone who had done us no wrong. Respectful I could manage. Although I would likely not get one myself and go around with corpse parts animating my body.

I cannot imagine how the donor's family feels seeing all this jubilation at their loss. It's worse than pissing on the grave as a joke.

Last edited:

I guess we have to trust that the Lord knows best. I understand how this would cause mixed emotions. It's sad someone died. And it's wonderful that a life could be saved. We don't really know God's will.

Jesus rose from the dead, he resurrected Lazarus, and brought a dead girl back to life. It's why people sign up to become donors, hoping someone can make use of their organs if they die prematurely.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19:14

It is sad because someone else who needed the lung more was pushed down the list to make way for her.

It is sad because someone else who needed the lung more was pushed down the list to make way for her.

A little girl get's to live today. That's not a said thing.

Uh, she did need the lung more than someone else. She was dying, rapidly, Noomi! Had it been a week more, she would have died! Now, she gets a chance to live a normal life. How can we deny her that?

How can you be so cruel?

Last edited:

ANd someone who probably had a better chance at a successful outcome.

While it is to be hoped this works well, there's a reason why the SCIENTISTS and DOCTORS set this policy to start with. MOstly that adult organs are too big to fit in a child and still do their job properly.

But that isn't important to the RW whacks.

Uh, she did need the lung more than someone else. She was dying, rapidly, Noomi! Had it been a week more, she would have died! Now, she gets a chance to live a normal life. How can we deny her that?

How can you be so cruel?

But now that she has a lung, what about the other kids who need one, too? Do the adults just get pushed off the list because a child is worth more?

Some hard questions...and no easy answers.

Well, there are easy answers, just not ones people like.

Such as, Doctors have the right to harvest usable organs without checking with family.

We bury or cremate enough usable organs to fill the transplant list every year. It's just most folks don't sign their donor cards, and by the time the doctors get to harvesting, it's usually too late.

Such as, Doctors have the right to harvest usable organs without checking with family.

We bury or cremate enough usable organs to fill the transplant list every year. It's just most folks don't sign their donor cards, and by the time the doctors get to harvesting, it's usually too late.

Maybe so, but like Noomi...I wonder who got pushed back because a darling little girl needed it and the person pushed back did in fact need it as much but was not little or darling.

If people don't sign their cards, they should be presumed donors.

How can you be so cruel?

But now that she has a lung, what about the other kids who need one, too? Do the adults just get pushed off the list because a child is worth more?

You are a natural pessimist, Noomi. I get sick of people who cannot take the time to celebrate the renewal of a life from the brink of death. At least those adults survived their childhood, this girl on the other hand, had a good chance of dying before she had a chance to make it to her 11th birthday. You cannot accept the realities of life, you think it should be automatically fair for everyone. It doesn't work that way.

I don't think we know enough about how the lists are determined. There was likely a lot of careful and thoughtful consideration in making it.

But I'm glad the girl gets to live. I like to think that if I ever needed an organ and I found out that someone younger with their whole life ahead of them needed it I'd give up my turn. But who knows :confused:

How can you be so cruel?

You are a natural pessimist, Noomi. I get sick of people who cannot take the time to celebrate the renewal of a life from the brink of death. At least those adults survived their childhood, this girl on the other hand, had a good chance of dying before she had a chance to make it to her 11th birthday. You cannot accept the realities of life, you think it should be automatically fair for everyone. It doesn't work that way.

Yep.

I agree with noomi's thoughts..and I agree with yours. What if it were your teen or 30 year old child, Templar, that was pushed back? Would you feel differently?

This is a torn thing for me. Torn.

Forum List

Back