Sarah Palin Doesn’t Think Bill Nye the Science Guy Is a Real Scientist

So a person with a degree in engineering, in your mind is a scientist?
This whole silly debate rests on the definition of a scientist. I have asked for days on multiple threads for a definition in a recognized dictionary that indicated Nye does not fit the definition of "scientist". There is no definition I have seen that requires a degree to confirm a person as a scientist.
You should note however that Nye's degree is a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, but more importantly, he has published works on science and has worked and been paid for his scientific works at both Boeing and NASA. One might reasonably conclude that a person with a degree with the word Science in it and recognized as a scientist by Boeing, NASA and book publishers is a scientist, despite what the silly lady from Alaska has to say about her being more of a scientist than Nye.

All that made sense, you must be a scientist? I would rather look at Sarah Palin more than Bill Nye.
You must be hard up for a date.

I am not, but you don't think Sarah is attractive, I mean when she isn't talking?
She ok but that's all.
She made another dumb comment to prove how dumb she is. Her defenders are down to defending here because they think it is OK for her to be dumb as long as they can claim the old witch is attractive. The story is old and now lives in the trash bin of stupid shit Sarah Palin has said.

So a person with a degree in engineering, in your mind is a scientist?
This whole silly debate rests on the definition of a scientist. I have asked for days on multiple threads for a definition in a recognized dictionary that indicated Nye does not fit the definition of "scientist". There is no definition I have seen that requires a degree to confirm a person as a scientist.
You should note however that Nye's degree is a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, but more importantly, he has published works on science and has worked and been paid for his scientific works at both Boeing and NASA. One might reasonably conclude that a person with a degree with the word Science in it and recognized as a scientist by Boeing, NASA and book publishers is a scientist, despite what the silly lady from Alaska has to say about her being more of a scientist than Nye.

All that made sense, you must be a scientist? I would rather look at Sarah Palin more than Bill Nye.

I am not, but you don't think Sarah is attractive, I mean when she isn't talking?
She ok but that's all.

Hey Daws, how many beers ok is she?

How many children does he have? And why does he seem to always seek to be around children?

CRRRREEEEEEPYY!!!!
Palin supporters can always be counted on to seek the gutter, lie and make stupid statements to defend her outrageous moronic comments. This guys theory would make all school teachers creepy for wanting to educate kids.
Speaking of kids all Sarah Palin's have major issues.

Does the fact that her kids have issues disqualify her for public office? And if that is a measure of who is most worthy to hold office, how do Bernie's,Hillary's, Ted's and Donny's kids qualify them for holding office?
Her kids issues didn't disqualify her .
She did that all by herself.

I don't disagree, had she just waved and kept her mouth shut, she would have had a better shot at becoming VEEP.

I've noticed the agw profiteers have recruited alot of mechanical engineers to push their agenda, rather than actiual degreed climate scientists...

must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.
According to numb nuts Daws, I'm now considered a full fledged scientist. ...... :thup:
must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.
According to numb nuts Daws, I'm now considered a full fledged scientist. ...... :thup:
What's
a full fledged scientist?
From your ignorant pov only an individual who is a expert in every scientific field is a scientist.
How stupid can you be.
RW'ers, especially those here at USMB use ignoring and making up their own definitions as a last resort. Palin made a mistake of gaff when she made her comment about Nye because she does not know what defines a scientist. She insulted a person with what turns out to be a lie. Rather than admit the mistake, she and the posters here refuse to take responsibility. They would rather make up a new definition for a word. The world should prefer, and even demand that everyone ignore fact and reality and accept their new definition based on the agenda driven creation for the definition of a word.

Wrong. The TRUTH is (and you of course wouldn't know or admit it) that the definition of scientist does not necessarily include mechanical engineers. "SCIENCE" has several definitions. But one very useful one is: "Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence."*

Because you are quite slow, it is worth repeating.

Mechanical engineering does involve some principles of science. That doesn't make mechanical engineers the same thing as "scientists."

I realize you will now refuse to admit YOUR mistake.

Carry on.

* Our definition of science - The Science Council
You are giving the Science Councils partial definition of science, not a scientist.

Wow. You can READ! Now try to follow along.

If you can define SCIENCE you can define SCIENTIST!

If you utilize the wrong definition of "science," it follows that your definition of scientist is probably going to also be wrong.

She ok but that's all.

Hey Daws, how many beers ok is she?
I've never been that drunk!

Forum List

Back