SAT Turns Racist...Black to Have an “Adversity Score”

So....you are just complaining about people going to college. Not the SAT.

I'm not complaining about anything.

More like laughing at the idea you think adding an adversity score to someone's SAT score is worth anything more than the way it makes you feel to think you are supporting the idea of helping someone out.

Typical Progressive garbage, it feels good so it must be good.
So then it is "no skin off your nose" as they say.......can you explain then why posters, including the OP seem to want to make this a racial thing?

I assume an "adversity" score will be handled like a golf handicap. i.e.- if you are raised in a drug ridden hood you get 10 points. If raised in a hood with a high murder rate then you get 20 points. If you live in a hood with rampant drug activity and a high murder rate it's worth 30 points.
O, the joys of higher education! Especially for those who can't read or write! Just ask bodecea or Pogo. They be geniuses, by gum.
So you are not mentioning the points added for the dependent children of our military. Why did you leave that out? Not racist enough?

Because military dependent children didn't fit into that category. When I retired from the Army and moved to Charlotte my daughter was in the 11th grade. After a couple weeks she came home and said she couldn't understand why the teachers let certain deadbeats sleep through the entire class period, use foul language and sass the teacher. She was surprised that many of them couldn't read and write. I didn't have any logical answer. Now, I wish I had thought of future "adversity scores," for I would be rich as a Powerball winner today. But of course these days military dependent children can be just as sorry as their civilian counterparts.
Then you didn't read about the adversity scoring for the SAT.....they stated that dependent children of military members were going to have points added under that program.
I can guarantee that black zip codes will see the vast majority of the points under this PC fucked-up program.

So....you are just complaining about people going to college. Not the SAT.

I'm not complaining about anything.

More like laughing at the idea you think adding an adversity score to someone's SAT score is worth anything more than the way it makes you feel to think you are supporting the idea of helping someone out.

Typical Progressive garbage, it feels good so it must be good.
So then it is "no skin off your nose" as they say.......can you explain then why posters, including the OP seem to want to make this a racial thing?
Because it is a racist thing. When you start using zip codes to differentiate applications for a test...it is racist. “Birds of a feather flock together.” We have black neighborhoods, Chinese neighborhoods, white neighborhoods, Hispanic neighborhoods, Korean neighborhoods, etc. If you had to pick a neighborhood, which one do you think would have the highest crime and poverty rate? There’s your racial bias. People are not stupid and can see this PC ruse for what it is.

I never said anything about race, and if you think race has anything to do with potential intelligence, it doesn't.

But it is "skin off my nose" when it comes to the quality of the education college graduates have.
This is just another opportunity to place social parameters on what isn't a social equation.

As a business owner, I am not hiring someone because they have a college degree.
I hire them to do a job that requires them to get an education at the college level.

I am not hiring them for a piece of paper, but so they can make the proper calculations, apply the proper controls, and avoid blowing themselves and the rest of us up when they come to work.

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background
So...only black students will get the adversity score? Only blacks have adverse social and economic backgrounds? Interesting that you believe that.........looks like YOU are the one making some pretty damning assumptions.
Yep. I’m not dumb enough to see behind this fucking bullshit ruse.
Interesting....so you believe that only black students are in adverse social and economic situations. Why do you think that is?
Nope...but they cry about it more than any other group. They are taught from birth that they are victims and the government owes them something.

Then this policy will help them get out of the victimHOOD they are in.

The Environmental Context Dashboard shines a light on students who have demonstrated remarkable resourcefulness to overcome challenges and achieve more with less. It enables colleges to witness the strength of students in a huge swath of America who would otherwise be overlooked."

This is going to help lots of poor white kids. Why are Republicans complaining? This deals with privilege.

A dialogue about wealth and privilege in educational institutions exploded this year in wake of the college admissions scandal, in which 33 parents were charged with paying huge sums of money to have their children cheat on the SAT and be admitted into top colleges under the false pretenses of being student athletes.

You aren't rich so stop defending rich privilege.
It will help the group it targets. Inner city blacks. This is a fucking PC ruse and nothing more.

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background

There is nothing about a persons race liar.

Each of the three categories has five sub-indicators that are indexed in calculating each student's adversity score. Neighborhood environment will take into account crime rate, poverty rate, housing values and vacancy rate. Family environment will assess what the median income is of where the student's family is from; whether the student is from a single parent household; the educational level of the parents; and whether English is a second language. High school environment will look at factors such as curriculum rigor, free-lunch rate and AP class opportunities. Together these factors will calculate an individual's adversity score on a scale of one to 100.

According to the Journal, a score of 50 is considered "average." Anything above 50 proves "hardship" while anything below 50 is considered "privilege."

This is how you deal with privilege. And this will even help your poor white kids. Half of white American kids are living in broken homes too you know.
What are the particulars of the program. Nobody knows? Release the whole fucking list of criteria?

Each of the three categories has five sub-indicators that are indexed in calculating each student's adversity score. Neighborhood environment will take into account crime rate, poverty rate, housing values and vacancy rate. Family environment will assess what the median income is of where the student's family is from; whether the student is from a single parent household; the educational level of the parents; and whether English is a second language. High school environment will look at factors such as curriculum rigor, free-lunch rate and AP class opportunities. Together these factors will calculate an individual's adversity score on a scale of one to 100.

According to the Journal, a score of 50 is considered "average." Anything above 50 proves "hardship" while anything below 50 is considered "privilege."

This is how you deal with privilege. And this will even help your poor white kids. Half of white American kids are living in broken homes too you know.
Link to the WHOLE list of criteria, just don’t mouth MSNBC’s leftist diatribe.

I assume an "adversity" score will be handled like a golf handicap. i.e.- if you are raised in a drug ridden hood you get 10 points. If raised in a hood with a high murder rate then you get 20 points. If you live in a hood with rampant drug activity and a high murder rate it's worth 30 points.
O, the joys of higher education! Especially for those who can't read or write! Just ask bodecea or Pogo. They be geniuses, by gum.
So you are not mentioning the points added for the dependent children of our military. Why did you leave that out? Not racist enough?

Because military dependent children didn't fit into that category. When I retired from the Army and moved to Charlotte my daughter was in the 11th grade. After a couple weeks she came home and said she couldn't understand why the teachers let certain deadbeats sleep through the entire class period, use foul language and sass the teacher. She was surprised that many of them couldn't read and write. I didn't have any logical answer. Now, I wish I had thought of future "adversity scores," for I would be rich as a Powerball winner today. But of course these days military dependent children can be just as sorry as their civilian counterparts.
Then you didn't read about the adversity scoring for the SAT.....they stated that dependent children of military members were going to have points added under that program.
I can guarantee that black zip codes will see the vast majority of the points under this PC fucked-up program.
Why is this such a thing for you? I know it's not a racist thing.....it never is.

I never said anything about race, and if you think race has anything to do with potential intelligence, it doesn't.

But it is "skin off my nose" when it comes to the quality of the education college graduates have.
This is just another opportunity to place social parameters on what isn't a social equation.

As a business owner, I am not hiring someone because they have a college degree.
I hire them to do a job that requires them to get an education at the college level.

I am not hiring them for a piece of paper, but so they can make the proper calculations, apply the proper controls, and avoid blowing themselves and the rest of us up when they come to work.
Of course you never said anything about race.....I'm asking you what you think about the other posters in this thread who are making it a racial thing? I'm asking for your take on why others seem to be going on about blacks.

Feel free to do so....I have seen that one of the criteria is the dependent children of military members. This is a bad thing?

Why is this such a thing for you? I know it's not a racist thing.....it never is.
My ass. It is a racist thing. I’m tired of liberal politicians and universities bending over backwards to help blacks because of their white guilt because somehow white kids have “privilege.” Why do liberals think blacks are “victims “ that they need to be rescued from our mean ol society. Do liberals think blacks are a bunch of helpless invalids?

Feel free to do so....I have seen that one of the criteria is the dependent children of military members. This is a bad thing?
The WHOLE thing, ALL the criteria.They won’t release it.

Apparently CRCs have a real problem with military dependents getting some kind of adversity score added to their SAT score.
If they give you a score based on crime in your area, how can a white kid score as high as a black kid? Are you aware of any white neighborhoods on par with the crime rate of black neighborhoods in Baltimore? If not, its impossible for a white kid to score as high as a black kid, in which case this nonsense favors black kids, which means you lost the entire debate.
AH.....I see now. You believe that whites don't live in high crime areas.

This thread is showing us all a great deal about attitudes towards the poor....towards those who live in bad neighborhoods, towards those with low-income/low-education parents, towards those who are military dependents who have to move a great deal.
Name the most crime ridden white neighborhood in the US. Lets compare crime stats.
neighborhood I lived in, Bonneville, had Hells Angels living there. Plus the only good thing to say about that neighborhood is at least it wasn't Bithlo, another white slum area.
How many murders were there last year?

Apparently CRCs have a real problem with military dependents getting some kind of adversity score added to their SAT score.
If they give you a score based on crime in your area, how can a white kid score as high as a black kid? Are you aware of any white neighborhoods on par with the crime rate of black neighborhoods in Baltimore? If not, its impossible for a white kid to score as high as a black kid, in which case this nonsense favors black kids, which means you lost the entire debate.
AH.....I see now. You believe that whites don't live in high crime areas.

This thread is showing us all a great deal about attitudes towards the poor....towards those who live in bad neighborhoods, towards those with low-income/low-education parents, towards those who are military dependents who have to move a great deal.
Name the most crime ridden white neighborhood in the US. Lets compare crime stats.
neighborhood I lived in, Bonneville, had Hells Angels living there. Plus the only good thing to say about that neighborhood is at least it wasn't Bithlo, another white slum area.
I have relatives that live in a very very small town in the middle of Kansas...the school district is very poor, lots of issues with farms failing, crystal meth abuse, businesses leaving because there's no there there, large percentage of parents with very low education levels themselves. Not one black person in that town.....seriously....not one. And yet there are indicators that students there would get some of these adverse points added to their SATs. But....the blacks......can't have that.
Name the neighborhood. Lets look at their crime stats.

The entire liberal agenda is about race and “hate” and “wealth inequality.” This is 2019 and those are all bullshit issues designed to make whites feel bad if they vote Republican. I will not concede the “race issue” to a bunch of socialist strategists.

Of course you never said anything about race.....I'm asking you what you think about the other posters in this thread who are making it a racial thing? I'm asking for your take on why others seem to be going on about blacks.
Everything the liberal media and Democratic Party talks about revolves around race and racism. It’s non stop. I won’t stand for this shit.

That's because the whole measure is based in feel good, nonsensical garbage that closely resembles just about everything that uses code words like "inner city" and whatnot. It's probably different where you live, but where I live the closest "inner city" is pretty much 90% African American.

But that is what I meant about the move being nothing more than cosmetic hogwash, just another drop in the perpetual excuse bucket.

The smartest employee in my "shop" is not only Caribbean/Creole, but a first generation immigrant from a country where most of the population is dirt poor. The man is fricken brilliant, and he might have needed to brush up a little on his English, but he damn sure didn't need an "adversity score" added to his SAT's

My ass. It is a racist thing. I’m tired of liberal politicians and universities bending over backwards to help blacks because of their white guilt because somehow white kids have “privilege.” Why do liberals think blacks are “victims “ that they need to be rescued from our mean ol society. Do liberals think blacks are a bunch of helpless invalids?
So....it IS a racist thing. Ok.

Forum List

Back