Satanic Group unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma Capitol

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma - ABC News

Satan-statue-design-610x400.jpg

There is no scripture that reinforces that Satan is benevolent towards children. Now if the stature featured Satan overseeing forced sex with children, that might be different story indeed.

Usually there are crucifix statues watching over that

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma - ABC News

Satan-statue-design-610x400.jpg

There is no scripture that reinforces that Satan is benevolent towards children. Now if the stature featured Satan overseeing forced sex with children, that might be different story indeed.

Usually there are crucifix statues watching over that
And it is called homosexuality in the Roman Catholic priesthood because they have not allow married men to become priests (an unbiblical position I might add). Just another reason not to condone "homosexual" marriage.

Bullshit. When the kings sinned other people died for it (according to the Bible). The "sinful census" lead not to David's death, but innocent people. When Solomon had the Bathsheda affair, it cost his newborn it's life.

You are attempting to drive a square peg into a round hole. Using a sledge hammer may create the illusion that the peg fits, but it does not.

In the morality tale of the Bible, the death of innocents is the consequence of disobedience. Solomon would rather his life be taken, but is made to suffer for his sins by the death of his son.

It wasn't until the reformer Ezekiel came along that this sense of morality changed to one of individual responsibility:
"Behold, all souls are Mine;
The soul of the father
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die"

Later the reformer Locke expanded this to mean individual RIGHTS.

You wander all over the map, doncha?

The Hebrew religion introduced the concept of individual responsibility. The Sumatran myths of Gilgamesh presented men and mere playthings of the fates, moved about like cosmic checkers on a board. The Hebrews introduced the concept of sin, of individuals offending god. This was predicated upon monotheism. The concept of an ultimate authority is the precursor to direct responsibility to such an authority.

I'm a Christian and I find it appalling to have a Satanic statue in a public building....that is why I am a strong supporter of "Separation of Church and State"....

We have people of many faiths and beliefs in this country, and as Christians we shouldn't demand that only Christian statues/icons be allowed simply because it would be unfair. These people of different faiths also pay taxes, and whether this is being done only to bring attention to the fact that some groups insist on putting Christian religious icons and in keeping with our Constitution on equality, they should be given the same privilege....or maybe they truly believe in such a hideous evil being and want to honor him?

I say take them all down.

Many Christians, including most non-Southern Baptist Baptist sects, agree that we need the wall of separationbetween Church and State, which is Jefferson's analogy he coined that explains the First Amendment.

Many evangelicals declare that we have freedom of religion but not freedom from religion--which is an obscure statement. It's not for nothing that the biggest, strongest churches are the ones which don't want us to have freedom from their religion. No, we don't have the freedom never to hear religious statements, even personal opinions from politicians. But we must have freedom from religion legislating it's theocratic dogma or using government to it's advantage, as in this 10 commandment case in question.

Last edited:
This is why we can't have nice things in America.

Because there's a sect of the population that's too fucking stupid to be able to determine the difference between GOOD and EVIL...

... and the leftist libtards just LOVE those dumb cock suckers that can't....

... the left is under Satan's control.

Last edited:
interesting. I think that's wrong, but what ya gunna do in a tyranny?

How do you feel about the incan blood gods that have been erected on public land?
about states not enforcing Fed drug laws?
or states not enforcing ICE or immigration laws?

are these different somehow?

I guess someone has to file charges....otherwise there is nothing happening.

so it's ok to break the law, except when you don't like it.

John Kerry on

Do you always misread posts? Where did I say that? The point is that people do it all the time, speeders, pedophiles, robbers, etc., but unless they are caught, nothing happens to them. Geez, I wish I could draw you pictures, seems you have to have very specific details in order to understand.

If nobody reports a violation, it suggests that nobody really cares.....and that is probably what happened in the case of the Incan Gods, which you didn't provide a link, so I don't know if you are actually telling the truth.

I guess someone has to file charges....otherwise there is nothing happening.

so it's ok to break the law, except when you don't like it.

John Kerry on
wouldn't you be more likely to break a law you don't like as opposed to one you do?
examples: the Jim crow laws.
old anti abortion laws .

I fully support breaking anti-freedom laws

like drug laws
forced purchasing of a product law

Because there's a sect of the population that's too fucking stupid to be able to determine the difference between GOOD and EVIL...

the absolutely most stupid section of the population blames a fictional character for the evil they do and then falsely accuses everybody else of being under the control of said fictional character...
then expects people to buy their bullshit....stupid and arrogant.

the absolutely most stupid section of the population blames a fictional character for the evil they do and then falsely accuses everybody else of being under the control of said fictional character...

So what fictional character do you blame, duhs? I'm confused.

So what fictional character do you blame, duhs? I'm confused.
yes you are always...

so wrong it's funny!

Oddly enough, exactly what the entire forum thinks of you....

then again your mental impairments are a combination of nature and nurture

Where yours are a combination of a blender blade at high speed, and your brain....
wrong! you wish the entire forum thought that but like with all your proclamations and declarative yammering, the reality is all together different...

Forum List

Back