"Saving $1,000 a Year on Taxes is Nothing. Less Than $100 a Month"

here weather ,educate yourself
Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.
Now they say, to confuse the uninformed, that Trump's plan will double the standard deduction...BUT it doesn't tell you this plan will ELIMINATE the personal exemption AND the $1250 deduction for those over 65...!!!
The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000, which means the existing $6,350 + $4,050 + $1250 (for seniors) = $11,650 a senior currently gets to avoid taxes on (as a deduction from income) becomes a $12,000 deduction from income... That means I will not pay taxes on a whopping $350, and at a 15% tax rate, that will save me $52.50 a year on my income taxes...!!! . Does that sound to anyone anything like what Trump was wooing his "base" with...??? That "base" is being swindled, and they are too stupid to know it...

The 'doubled standard deduction' in the GOP tax plan is a lie
Sad...

Prove you pay any income taxes at all.

Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.
Now they say, to confuse the uninformed, that Trump's plan will double the standard deduction...BUT it doesn't tell you this plan will ELIMINATE the personal exemption AND the $1250 deduction for those over 65...!!!
The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000, which means the existing $6,350 + $4,050 + $1250 (for seniors) = $11,650 a senior currently gets to avoid taxes on (as a deduction from income) becomes a $12,000 deduction from income... That means I will not pay taxes on a whopping $350, and at a 15% tax rate, that will save me $52.50 a year on my income taxes...!!! . Does that sound to anyone anything like what Trump was wooing his "base" with...??? That "base" is being swindled, and they are too stupid to know it...

Sad...

So all the blather aside, it comes down to a paltry hundred bucks a month? You are saying they are stupid for receiving a paltry hundred bucks that the could save in the bank month after month or spend thereby stimulating the economy? I mean you democrats say republicans want to keep the minorities down, yet you say all the dreamers and BLM working stiffs are stupid for wanting that paltry hundred bucks? That isa sad and very elitist attutude.
On another track ,,,,you believe Trump when he says he won't profit by this tax deal?? Just curious

Sad...

LOL I probably pay more than what racist rednecks make a year

Sad...

If you did, you'd be man enough to prove it. Sorry, boy, but your claims simply don't cut it. When you're man enough to provide proof, do so.

Sad...

If you did, you'd be man enough to prove it. Sorry, boy, but your claims simply don't cut it. When you're man enough to provide proof, do so.

you post your tax returns on this board ... prove it, boi.

:laugh2:

Sad...

Con man is nutz The president doesn't show his and he wants to see mine??? lol

Sad...

Prove what, a claim I didn't make?

Sad...

Con man is nutz The president doesn't show his and he wants to see mine??? lol

The President hasn't made a claim to me like you did.

Didn't think you would but you'll continue to make false claims about them.

Sad...

President isn't man enough...

In his example the couple was making 90,000 a year.
A couple making $90,000 is not rich.

I make more than that and with Uncle Sam taking his share, and mortgage, electricity, gas, water, trash, sewer, life insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, groceries, gasoline, new dryer because it broke down, I really don't have anything to spare.
Then why are you a Republican you broke ass?

Sad...

Trump hasn't made that claim to me. eddiew did.

Sad...

Trump isn't man enough to show he doesn't pay income taxes. Haha

eddiew apparently isn't man enough to show what he claims he does.

Based on Trump's original plan I'd save $122.25 a month. It would suit me fine, but my trouble is a wife that can spend that in an instant as if it was going out of style.
Later addition:
As I see it the losers in this are families. The standard deduction is almost doubled. So for the wife and I, last year it was $12,700 and the proposed is $24,000 that we could exempt from taxes.

But that mostly offset with the elimination of the exemption which amounts to $4,050 for each dependent. For the 2 of us that's a total of $8,100. For a couple with 2 kids that's a total loss of $16,200 from what they were once able to deduct from their taxable income.

Again, this is based on the pre-election Trump plan. What'll come out of congress is a whole other story.

Last edited:

eddiew apparently isn't man enough to show what he claims he does.
Just following presidents lead.

Mic senior politics writer Emily Singer smugly writes off most of America in typical elitist fashion.

'Elitism is OFF THE CHARTS'! This journo just wrote off a HUGE chunk of America

Wait, wait, wait, wait a minute - You are not supposed to break it down like you did. According to Gruber you are supposed to be stupid and get excited that the Federal Govt - millionaire politicians - who just set a new record for amount of taxes collected and for wasteful spending is willing to throw you a bone by giving you a whole $100 a month more of your own money back each month.

C'mon Man...do 'the sheep' - $1,000 a year back!
upload_2017-9-28_14-7-11.jpeg

'Woohooo!'

Sad...

GOP only has plans for a tax cut for the rich. You say you'll save $52.50/year? Did you factor in the 20% rate increase in what is now the 10% tax bracket? Looks like you'll be paying more taxes if this current tax plan passes. You'll be paying nearly $150 more.

Forum List

Back