"Saving $1,000 a Year on Taxes is Nothing. Less Than $100 a Month"

I feel I am paying enough to stock up on stealth bombers, nuclear armed submarines, and ICBMs that will never actually be used in a war.
/----/ Here we differ. You have those weapons as a deterrent so you never have to use them.
Yes, but do we really need so many? We only had two and that won us World War II.
/----/ We had two, everyone else had ZERO. After we used them we had none for months while we restocked but no one else knew that. If the Chinese have 1,000 nukes and we only have two, who do you think dominates?
Every nuclear weapon built is a waste of money. Everyone should have just agreed not to build them.
If every country was a democracy there would be no need for nukes or even standing armies, but since there are evil dictators who want to destroy our country and allies we have no choice. Nukes keep them at bay.

In his example the couple was making 90,000 a year.
A couple making $90,000 is not rich.

I make more than that and with Uncle Sam taking his share, and mortgage, electricity, gas, water, trash, sewer, life insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, groceries, gasoline, new dryer because it broke down, I really don't have anything to spare.

No you don't.

When T says "believe me", don't believe him. Its a huge tax cut for the wealthy. You do not need to cut taxes when the economy is doing good, thanks to Obama mainly. We should probably raise the top bracket or have another one at say 50%.

When T says "believe me", don't believe him. Its a huge tax cut for the wealthy. You do not need to cut taxes when the economy is doing good, thanks to Obama mainly. We should probably raise the top bracket or have another one at say 50%.
/----/ When you get your tax reduction are you sending it back to the Treasury Dept like a good little DemocRAT lemming? Well are ya' punk?

A couple making $90,000 is not rich.

I make more than that and with Uncle Sam taking his share, and mortgage, electricity, gas, water, trash, sewer, life insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, groceries, gasoline, new dryer because it broke down, I really don't have anything to spare.

Fuck it! Let's just stop taxing people all together.

I mean after all, if we are still giving out "biggest tax cuts in history!" with no offsets to speak of and 20 Trillion debt plus deficit growth projections as far as the eye can see, then we may as well forget the whole thing. Don't need it :rolleyes:

Trump's proposal is pure idiocy. No responsible businessman would ever consider that for his own organization...but then again Trump's business expertise is running up the debts sky high and using bankruptcy as a personal parachute for himself.

Last edited:
/----/ When you get your tax reduction are you sending it back to the Treasury Dept like a good little DemocRAT lemming? Well are ya' punk?

We really don't have enough info to determine who will have a reduction.

Trump wants to add thousands to the list of Americans who pay no federal income tax. Once upon a time, most conservatives hated that.

Now, abracadabra! they like it.

I would rather keep the personal deductions and a lower standard deduct. Many will not be able to write off medical or state and local taxes.

Its a rich mans tax cut plain and simple.

A couple in California making just $90K would not like another $100 a month?
After taxes they would have about $50K. Rent in LA alone is around $36K.
You validated how the left are clueless elitists.

here weather ,educate yourself
Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.
Now they say, to confuse the uninformed, that Trump's plan will double the standard deduction...BUT it doesn't tell you this plan will ELIMINATE the personal exemption AND the $1250 deduction for those over 65...!!!
The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000, which means the existing $6,350 + $4,050 + $1250 (for seniors) = $11,650 a senior currently gets to avoid taxes on (as a deduction from income) becomes a $12,000 deduction from income... That means I will not pay taxes on a whopping $350, and at a 15% tax rate, that will save me $52.50 a year on my income taxes...!!! . Does that sound to anyone anything like what Trump was wooing his "base" with...??? That "base" is being swindled, and they are too stupid to know it...

The 'doubled standard deduction' in the GOP tax plan is a lie
Sad...
What's any of that to do with the left mocking people who would like to have an extra $100 a month?

Yeah, just another display of leftist compassion.

/----/ "We really don't have enough info to determine who will have a reduction." I'll take that as a no and you'll keep your extra money like every other Trump hater.

/----/ "We really don't have enough info to determine who will have a reduction." I'll take that as a no and you'll keep your extra money like every other Trump hater.
Who knows if there will be extra money. Seems clear there will be for the richest. Blurry for everyone else. Owner of a small
business may be paying more.

Who knows if there will be extra money. Seems clear there will be for the richest. Blurry for everyone else. Owner of a small
/----/ What extra money? The Gubmint won't be sending out checks, they will be taking less for your paycheck. SO will you send that money to the Treasury as a protest?

/----/ What extra money? The Gubmint won't be sending out checks, they will be taking less for your paycheck. SO will you send that money to the Treasury as a protest?

We don't yet know they will be taking less, except from the very rich.

Seems a small business owner making $50k a year will pay more based on what info has been given so far.

Seems a small business owner making $50k a year will pay more based on what info has been given so far.
/----/ Are you a small business making $50k a year? If not will you send any tax savings back to the Treasury? Can we get that commitment from you?

here weather ,educate yourself
Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.
Now they say, to confuse the uninformed, that Trump's plan will double the standard deduction...BUT it doesn't tell you this plan will ELIMINATE the personal exemption AND the $1250 deduction for those over 65...!!!
The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000, which means the existing $6,350 + $4,050 + $1250 (for seniors) = $11,650 a senior currently gets to avoid taxes on (as a deduction from income) becomes a $12,000 deduction from income... That means I will not pay taxes on a whopping $350, and at a 15% tax rate, that will save me $52.50 a year on my income taxes...!!! . Does that sound to anyone anything like what Trump was wooing his "base" with...??? That "base" is being swindled, and they are too stupid to know it...

The 'doubled standard deduction' in the GOP tax plan is a lie
Sad...

So all the blather aside, it comes down to a paltry hundred bucks a month? You are saying they are stupid for receiving a paltry hundred bucks that the could save in the bank month after month or spend thereby stimulating the economy? I mean you democrats say republicans want to keep the minorities down, yet you say all the dreamers and BLM working stiffs are stupid for wanting that paltry hundred bucks? That isa sad and very elitist attutude.

/----/ Are you a small business making $50k a year? If not will you send any tax savings back to the Treasury? Can we get that commitment from you?
As soon as fiscally responsible Repub congress starts paying down the debt.

/-----/ Ahhhh the truth comes out. Finally. Brain357 will take his tax cuts and bitch about it every day.
plant a liberal.jpg

/-----/ Ahhhh the truth comes out. Finally. Brain357 will take his tax cuts and bitch about it every day.
View attachment 151778

You haven't shown there will be any. Assume I'm a business owner making $50k a year. How much?

Forum List

Back