Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

That's right up there with the ban on throwing rice on the church doorstep after a wedding, because the pigeons will overfeed... :206: :21:

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

Last edited:
That's right up there with the ban on throwing rice on the church doorstep after a wedding, because the pigeons will overfeed... :206: :21:

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... the piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

is there anywhere that is legally banned?

After all, when was the last time you launched some balloons into the air for kicks? What about anybody you know?

Never.

I live in Florida. I now understand that releasing 10 or more balloons at once is a crime punishable by up to a $250 fine. I'm just not aware of anyone actually being ticketed. I guess if someone releases a few balloons, it's legal.

I love nature and I love wildlife. I'm sure you do too. If it's truly a major problem, then I support the prohibition. The comments by the lobster trapper seem to carry some credence.

Well "some lobster trapper" doesn't provide any evidence as far as I'm concerned. Somebody asking you about something they can't see is kind of like the internet. You can say anything you want and nobody can prove you right or wrong.

Now if releasing balloons was a fad or something where many kids were doing it, that might be one thing. But kids today seldom go outside yet alone practice entertainment like when we were kids. They have video games, cell phones, cable television, the internet. The last thing they could find exciting is letting balloons go up in the air.

Ray,

This must be very disappointing, you got all up on the soapbox trying to blame liberals for something which real conservatives don't either.

This is a simple case of normal people understanding the consequences of their actions and behaving responsibly.

Not every issues is a liberal v conservative, a lot of issues are people who inform themselves and behave responsibly Vs people who are ignorant of the issue...

Ray you are choosing to be the later and then try and leverage that ignorance to blame liberals. Some of the conservatives here actually rejected your ignorance.

America would be a lot better if they informed themselves and prepare to listen to both sides of an informed debate.

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... the piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

No clue... in many cases, it's probably just clamored-against time by tree-huggers ad nauseum until people give up on it...

Florida republicans are somehow still republicans without being indifferent to the environment. They walk the beach too and feel the same kind of heartbreak when a sea creature washes up with a belly full of plastic. Nowhere is the cost of using the world as a garbage dump more apparent than at the shoreline, a person can be a republican without being a fucking pig.

No clue... in many cases, it's probably just clamored-against time by tree-huggers ad nauseum until people give up on it...

Our wedding venue did not allow it, we used little bubble thinges. But they did not because of the pain in the ass it is to clean up all that rice after everyone throws it.

We had something like this, and it was 26 plus years ago...

58b35359d583e92467d1724a312b723f.jpg

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

Agree with you on the rice... Balloons are still litter issue, simply put it is not taking personal responsibility...

Bureaucrats focusing on important work again.

Littering is an issue that affects us all.

Cut the crap hypocritical Gator. I have never seen a person who has even mentioned the issue.

All leftists are good for is moral fagging.

so, you are against all littering laws I take it?

Why are leftists always so dumb?

Did I say I was against littering laws? Nope... Where there is no problem there should be no power-hungry idiots like this guy making rules.

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Lawmakers in several states consider making balloon releases illegal

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Attempted armed robbery. How about you?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?
Releasing helium balloons in the air.

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.

You honestly can't see how that is littering?

In Ray's defense, it's hard to see anything other than his colon from that angle. He only wants things to be exactly how he's already used to them.

Cut the crap hypocritical Gator. I have never seen a person who has even mentioned the issue.

Did I say I was against littering laws? Nope... Where there is no problem there should be no power-hungry idiots like this guy making rules.

This is nothing more than an anti-littering law...yet you are opposed to it...why is that?

I think most folks now throw birdseed, Gator.

Fireworks = Legal.

Releasing a balloon = OH NO!

Of course, I can't blame the leftist idiots for being inconsistent, since they want to ban fireworks as well, and cars... and pretty much everything that is fun or useful. Only kissing their ass should be legal.

This is nothing more than an anti-littering law...yet you are opposed to it...why is that?

Golfing Gator's are trash so treat them accordingly... nothing more than an anti-littering law.

Serious question, do you pretend to be this stupid, or are you in actual reality retarded?

When I was balloon age, the whole idea was to prevent it from flying away. You managed to hold on tight and take it home, where slowly, day by day, it would slightly shrink and sink from the ceiling toward the floor, until it was no more magical than us with our feet stuck to the ground.

Golfing Gator's are trash so treat them accordingly... nothing more than an anti-littering law.

Serious question, do you pretend to be this stupid, or are you in actual reality retarded?

I do not know why this is so confusing for you, it is littering just as much as throwing a Styrofoam cup out of your car window as you drive down the road but I have never seen you whine about that being illegal, though you seem the type to do it.

I do not know why this is so confusing for you, it is littering just as much as throwing a Styrofoam cup out of your car window as you drive down the road but I have never seen you whine about that being illegal, though you seem the type to do it.

Golfing Gator has difficulty telling the difference between the two situations, because he is retarded. No one can pretend to be this stupid. Littering on purpose for the sake of littering and showing gratitude for a marriage are two different things. You of course fail to understand this, because your life is full of misery. You can reduce this misery by not lying all the fcking time, pretending to be a retard.

Golfing Gator, try fathoming why fireworks are legal on the new year's eve. Perhaps eventually you will snap out of your leftist idiocy. They litter a bit more than a tiny balloon...

These bureaucrats HATE marriages, because they are total failures who failed to procreate. Even worse, happy married couples vote republican. That is what this is about, and not about balloons. No one gives a fuck about tiny balloons, guaranteed.

A new study has found that balloons are the highest-risk plastic debris item for seabirds — 32 times more likely to kill than ingesting hard plastics. Researchers looked at the cause of death of 1733 seabirds from 51 species and found that one in three of the birds had ingested marine debris
The Ugly Truth - Balloons Blow

Forum List

Back