Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Golfing Gator has difficulty telling the difference between the two situations, because he is retarded. No one can pretend to be this stupid. Littering on purpose for the sake of littering and showing gratitude for a marriage are two different things. You of course fail to understand this, because your life is full of misery. You can reduce this misery by not lying all the fcking time, pretending to be a retard.

my my, I take it as a win when you morons have go on the attack because you have nothing left. The end result of littering on purpose for the sake of littering and showing gratitude for a marriage are the same. There are lots of way to show gratitude that do not not litter and do not kill wildlife. But you far rightwing kooks never gave much of a shit about nature or the wildlife.

Golfing Gator, try fathoming why fireworks are legal on the new year's eve. Perhaps eventually you will snap out of your leftist idiocy. They litter a bit more than a tiny balloon...

They are huge money maker thus politicians will not touch them....pretty simple. But to they litter more than a million tiny balloons?

Bureaucrats focusing on important work again.

Littering is an issue that affects us all.

Cut the crap hypocritical Gator. I have never seen a person who has even mentioned the issue.

All leftists are good for is moral fagging.

A new study has found that balloons are the highest-risk plastic debris item for seabirds — 32 times more likely to kill than ingesting hard plastics. Researchers looked at the cause of death of 1733 seabirds from 51 species and found that one in three of the birds had ingested marine debris
The Ugly Truth - Balloons Blow

that is a lost cause, the far right kooks have never given a shit about nature or wild life.

Lol, this is such a huge problem.

why does something need to be a huge problem to address it? do you live your whole life ignoring problems till they are huge?

I can see it now, "hey honey, we have a leak in the basement"..."it is just a little leak, I will ignore it till it becomes a huge leak".

Golfing Gator has difficulty telling the difference between the two situations, because he is retarded. No one can pretend to be this stupid. Littering on purpose for the sake of littering and showing gratitude for a marriage are two different things. You of course fail to understand this, because your life is full of misery. You can reduce this misery by not lying all the fcking time, pretending to be a retard.

my my, I take it as a win when you morons have go on the attack because you have nothing left. The end result of littering on purpose for the sake of littering and showing gratitude for a marriage are the same. There are lots of way to show gratitude that do not not litter and do not kill wildlife. But you far rightwing kooks never gave much of a shit about nature or the wildlife.

Golfing Gator, try fathoming why fireworks are legal on the new year's eve. Perhaps eventually you will snap out of your leftist idiocy. They litter a bit more than a tiny balloon...

They are huge money maker thus politicians will not touch them....pretty simple. But to they litter more than a million tiny balloons?

The environmental effect is the same regardless of intention? Genius IQ.... But the total effect is not the same, just like with fireworks. Fireworks look awesome, and it's awesome seeing those balloons go up. It's unfortunate that after pages and pages you still fail to understand elementary concepts. You for sure have no business telling anyone how to do anything with that abysmal track record of yours.

Of course, we all know how this will be enforced. Ban balloons... Golfing gator never had any fun, so no one else should be allowed to.

Thank you for admitting that you support banning fireworks, and of course believe it's the evil money that's the reason why they are legal... and not the enjoyment people derive from them.

ive seen em go in the air
i dont think ive ever seen one to pick up off the ground

good thing we'll enact laws cause 93 % of peer reviewed scientists agree at the rate of balloon releases we only have 10 years left to live

8080500892_a24c223a2d_k.jpg
yea, i went googling first before i said "harmless". this was one of the first pics found.of course PETA was the first link i found and they bitch at everything so i ignored them. but there are other sites that show what is happening and why. we do a lot of things w/o thought and this is one of them. is it really "fun"? maybe. it does look cool but a lot of things look cool that won't end up killing wildlife.

we throw enough stuff out for someone else to deal with and we need to just stop and think about it. it's not KILLING THE FUN in as much as trying to limit the killing of LIFE said fun is causing.

Last edited:

good thing we'll enact laws cause 93 % of peer reviewed scientists agree at the rate of balloon releases we only have 10 years left to live
probably not likely to have to pick one up either. and would you? i could walk around my yard and not likely see a popped balloon sitting there for me to deal with whether there or not. but just look / google for the pics of where they do land and collect. we're filling our oceans up with garbage and this simply isn't helping. alone its not likely a HUGE issue no, but we can't keep making our "littering" decisions someone elses problems, or not an issue when thought about in a singular fashion.

how much do we have to destroy before we simply stop doing it?

That's right up there with the ban on throwing rice on the church doorstep after a wedding, because the pigeons will overfeed... :206: :21:

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

Actually, I don't believe that is illegal at all. Many churches and wedding venues have prohibited rice throwing on their property, because it's a nightmare to clean up. The idea that birds stomachs will explode is a myth that popped up by uneducated people guessing about the reasons.

probably not likely to have to pick one up either. and would you? i could walk around my yard and not likely see a popped balloon sitting there for me to deal with whether there or not. but just look / google for the pics of where they do land and collect. we're filling our oceans up with garbage and this simply isn't helping. alone its not likely a HUGE issue no, but we can't keep making our "littering" decisions someone elses problems, or not an issue when thought about in a singular fashion.

how much do we have to destroy before we simply stop doing it?

Destroy is not the word to use here. What are the odds that a released balloon destroys anything?

Filling our oceans with garbage? It's not the balloons that are the issue here.

The problem with this logic is that, by using it you will have to end up banning everything and anything. You are only looking at one side of the issue (the costs, which are negligible), and not the benefits. Usually when the costs are actually bad you don't need to go through a leftist publication to even find them. And of course, you can be assured that it's the worst of the worst you will see on the front page, which still is negligible.

With the rate of marriages being what it is, we don't need to make it more difficult by banning balloons. Not the worst issue, but...

Last edited:
PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Lawmakers in several states consider making balloon releases illegal

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Attempted armed robbery. How about you?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?
Releasing helium balloons in the air.

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.
/——/ If they can’t stop the opioid crisis, politicians ban balloons, straws and shopping bags. “Vote for us, we get things done.”

I ask again, is this any different than any other anti-littering law?

Oh please. Do you know how much "litter" balloons make? A cigarette butt is larger than a popped balloon.

It's not about littering, it's about pushing the leftist agenda of saving the environment.

and I bitch at people every time I see one of them drop their butt. very little pissess me off more.

Cigarettes butts do not do this though...why is your 5 seconds of happiness as the balloon floats away worth this...

8080500892_a24c223a2d_k.jpg
/——/ How do we know Smollett didn’t stage this dead bird?

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.
/——/ If they can’t stop the opioid crisis, politicians ban balloons, straws and shopping bags. “Vote for us, we get things done.”

Politicians can never solve the opioid crisis, it is beyond their scope and ability.

Anti-littering laws are more in line with both scope and ability

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If I throw a beer can out my window as I drive down the highway I do not see it to pick up...so that should be allowed as well

That's right up there with the ban on throwing rice on the church doorstep after a wedding, because the pigeons will overfeed... :206: :21:

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... piss-and-moan whiny-biotch LibTards will spoil people's fun every time... :doubt:

Actually, I don't believe that is illegal at all. Many churches and wedding venues have prohibited rice throwing on their property, because it's a nightmare to clean up. The idea that birds stomachs will explode is a myth that popped up by uneducated people guessing about the reasons.
I never knew this. Thanks, Stormy.
We’ve all heard the warning: don’t feed rice to birds or don’t throw rice at weddings because birds will eat it. Fact is, rice cooked or uncooked won’t hurt wild birds at all. The rumor is that uncooked rice hits the bird’s tummy and then swells causing its stomach to explode. It’s simply not true. It’s not hot enough in a bird’s stomach to actually “cook” the rice. So, the rice doesn’t swell and cause any sort of an explosion.

According to Snopes.com, the rumor was perpetuated in a 1996 Ann Landers column. But, no need to worry. Birds eat rice during migration all the time, and they do just fine. While the rumor that eating rice kills birds isn’t true, fact is it’s been so popular that the rumor has pretty much killed the tradition of throwing rice at weddings. It may be for the best. Rice probably isn’t the easiest thing for churches to have to clean. Many people have switched from throwing rice to throwing white millet at weddings.

Fact or Fiction: Never Feed Rice To Birds - Cole's Wild Bird Feed

What are you here for?

Politicians can never solve the opioid crisis, it is beyond their scope and ability.

/----/ Then they shouldn't campaign on it or make pretty speeches with far-flung solutions that never take place.

What are you here for?

/----/ Then they shouldn't campaign on it or make pretty speeches with far-flung solutions that never take place.

Sort of a funny statement coming from a Trump zealot.

If they did not campaign on or make pretty speeches about things they cannot fix we would have no campaigns or speeches.

If I throw a beer can out my window as I drive down the highway I do not see it to pick up...so that should be allowed as well

Can someone tell me why do we allow Golfing Gators?

Takes the oxygen environment produced for itself, turning it into environmentally dangerous CO2. And if that's not enough, takes a dump afterwards, polluting even more.

This is environmental trash in its purest form. Ban immediately. I can not see any difference to banning balloons personally.

Last edited:

What are you here for?

What kind of asshole wants to release balloons that kill animals & pollute?

Can someone tell me why do we allow Golfing Gators?

Takes the oxygen environment produced for itself, turning it into environmentally dangerous CO2. And if that's not enough, take a dump afterwards, polluting even more.

This is environmental trash in its purest form. Ban immediately. I can not see any difference to banning balloons personally.

You are so darn cute when you have nothing left but just have to reply so you can gain my attention for a few moments.

Forum List

Back