Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?
How about freedom and getting a life....Jesus.....the environment is used to control so much behavior......I guess the left wants the future to be dystopian like in the Terminator movies..........or stale like Logan's Run or Demolition Man......NOONE wants that.

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Lawmakers in several states consider making balloon releases illegal

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Attempted armed robbery. How about you?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?
Releasing helium balloons in the air.

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.

What kind of asshole wants to release balloons that kill animals & pollute?
Some people like fun......what asshole thinks this will really matter?

ive seen em go in the air
i dont think ive ever seen one to pick up off the ground

good thing we'll enact laws cause 93 % of peer reviewed scientists agree at the rate of balloon releases we only have 10 years left to live

If I throw a beer can out my window as I drive down the highway I do not see it to pick up...so that should be allowed as well

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Can someone tell me why do we allow Golfing Gators?

Takes the oxygen environment produced for itself, turning it into environmentally dangerous CO2. And if that's not enough, take a dump afterwards, polluting even more.

This is environmental trash in its purest form. Ban immediately. I can not see any difference to banning balloons personally.

You are so darn cute when you have nothing left but just have to reply so you can gain my attention for a few moments.

Talk about a non-argument.

We want to get rid of trash, ban Golfing Gator.

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?
How about freedom and getting a life....Jesus.....the environment is used to control so much behavior......I guess the left wants the future to be dystopian like in the Terminator movies..........or stale like Logan's Run or Demolition Man......NOONE wants that.

Do you feel this way about all littering laws?

good thing we'll enact laws cause 93 % of peer reviewed scientists agree at the rate of balloon releases we only have 10 years left to live

If I throw a beer can out my window as I drive down the highway I do not see it to pick up...so that should be allowed as well

Takes the oxygen environment produced for itself, turning it into environmentally dangerous CO2. And if that's not enough, take a dump afterwards, polluting even more.

This is environmental trash in its purest form. Ban immediately. I can not see any difference to banning balloons personally.

You are so darn cute when you have nothing left but just have to reply so you can gain my attention for a few moments.

Still humping my leg like a puppy dog.

You completely failed to respond to my argument.

And then went to repeat your fallacy that if you are against a specific law, you must be against all laws. This is why people say that you have a low IQ - because you do.

Anyone who doesn't stand for banning Golfing Gators is not only against all littering laws, but against all law.

I guess we need to start building prisons for the little kiddies that lose their supermarket balloons in the parking lot.

And then went to repeat your fallacy that if you are against a specific law, you must be against all laws. This is why people say that you have a low IQ - because you do.

Anyone who doesn't stand for banning Golfing Gators is not only against all littering laws, but against all law.

There has been no argument in your last few post, they were just desperate attempts to gain my attention.

I guess we need to start building prisons for the little kiddies that lose their supermarket balloons in the parking lot.

releasing balloons carries a prison sentence?

link please ...

I don't equate the two.....littering is just laziness......balloons are a tradition and fun to do........I'm gonna quote the movie Stripes......."Relax Francis"

There has been no argument in your last few post, they were just desperate attempts to gain my attention.

Golfing Gator, I can assure you that no one here gives a crap about your attention. In fact, people are pissed off that you are sharing your "attention" like candy... the same argument that "you must oppose all littering laws then?" billion times. A stupid non-argument.

#BanGolfingGators

I don't equate the two.....littering is just laziness......balloons are a tradition and fun to do........I'm gonna quote the movie Stripes......."Relax Francis"

The end result is the same. Your trash ends up on someone else’s property

/----/ I got an idea to solve the border crisis. Give each illegal kid flooding the border a helium balloon, then the libtards will demand the border be shut.

upload_2019-4-29_10-42-39.png

Do we put people that litter in jail?

/----/ Apparently so.
Man Sentenced To Life In Prison After Littering | Empire News
A man in Plano, Texas is looking at a life sentence in prison after a strange event occurred last September. Barry Lutz, age 34, is behind bars fighting for his freedom after being sentenced to jail for littering. The events following the littering have currently given Lutz a life sentence, with no possibility of parole.

The end result is the same. Your trash ends up on someone else’s property

boohoo, you have a balloon land in your yard....whatever wil you do. I have the neighbors kids shit land in my yard all the time......I'm not asking to make playing with balls or having a shoe flip over my fence made illegal

Norman, you have embarrassed yourself again... You argument in the end descended into insults of Golfing Gator...

Your knowledge of the subject is insignificant and generally you added no new credible information to the discussion before curling up into a liberal hatefest.

Truth is I didn't think about balloons before this thread but I have educated myself through sites like this:

I want to thank Ray for bringing this topic up and educating us all... It may be a topic that will bring world peace but every little bit helps...

PS Stormy you can of course use rice at weddings, they are just a pain to clear up...

Do we put people that litter in jail?

/----/ Apparently so.
A man in Plano, Texas is looking at a life sentence in prison after a strange event occurred last September. Barry Lutz, age 34, is behind bars fighting for his freedom after being sentenced to jail for littering. The events following the littering have currently given Lutz a life sentence, with no possibility of parole.

Read the story and he is in jail for assaulting a police officer

Forum List

Back