SB1062, Hobby Lobs...Religious Exemptions Q: Do Corporations have Religious Beliefs?

There's no difference between providing an employee a piece of paper called a paycheck, that can be used to buy contraception,

and a piece of paper called an insurance policy, that can be used to buy contraception.

And in case you don't know this, the employee CHOOSES whether or not to acquire the actual contraception in both cases.

one is wages the employee earned by his or herself; the other comes from a pool paid into by many. of course there is a difference

you're too stupid for words

Wrong. As an employee you earn your healthcare insurance the same as you earn your salary.
Some cons seem to think employers provide health insurance out of the altruistic nature of their warm hearts.

one is wages the employee earned by his or herself; the other comes from a pool paid into by many. of course there is a difference

you're too stupid for words

Wrong. As an employee you earn your healthcare insurance the same as you earn your salary.
Some cons seem to think employers provide health insurance out of the altruistic nature of their warm hearts.

And all libs think that wages and salaries are akin to charity and companies are being mean when they dont fork it over.

I'd love to see the reactions here if this was a Muslim Corp. insisting on being able to neglect federal laws based on Islamic religious beliefs.

No one is talking about neglecting federal law.
More talking out of your ass.

What the hell? The BC mandate is federal law. HL wants to be exempt from it.

More of Rabbi showing he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

The whole crux of this issue is whether a Corp must comply with the LAW or if they can object on religious grounds.

O has repeatedly granted extensions, waivers, changed parts of the law without congress approval. The law is more like an abomination at this point. Frankenstein.....if you will.

No one is talking about neglecting federal law.
More talking out of your ass.

The whole crux of this issue is whether a Corp must comply with the LAW or if they can object on religious grounds.
You arent the most ignorant poster here only because the competition is stiff.
Religious exemptions ARE the law. A religious org, like Little Sisters of Mercy, who get one ARE complying with the law because laws typically allow religious exemptions.
Until Obama anyway.
Keep up. Hobby Lobby is not a religious organization.

the whole point of this SCOTUS case seems to have escaped you.

Well, if HL loses the case, and if HL relents and provides the insurance anyway, we'll then know that their so-called religious belief wasn't quite a morally inviolable as they claimed it was.

You arent the most ignorant poster here only because the competition is stiff.
Religious exemptions ARE the law. A religious org, like Little Sisters of Mercy, who get one ARE complying with the law because laws typically allow religious exemptions.
Until Obama anyway.
Keep up. Hobby Lobby is not a religious organization.

the whole point of this SCOTUS case seems to have escaped you.

The whole point of my post obviously escaped you.

It's not a choice. They want to provide health coverage. But they dont want to provide the health coverage that is mandated. Their only choice is to provide coverage that offends them or not provide any and pay a penalty. That isn't freedom. That isnt a reasonable compromise.

Tough shit. I don't want to have to have higher costs because people like to smoke and drink. But that's not going to happen.
Hobby lobbies choice is still their in the end.

I will say I am not completely settled on the issue.

Tough shit. The liberal response to anything they don't agree with.
And this is why we don't interact beyond one post. I try to have a conversation and you spout partisan hackery.

But I see you have no argument

Tough shit. I don't want to have to have higher costs because people like to smoke and drink. But that's not going to happen.
Hobby lobbies choice is still their in the end.

I will say I am not completely settled on the issue.

Tough shit. The liberal response to anything they don't agree with.
And this is why we don't interact beyond one post. I try to have a conversation and you spout partisan hackery.

But I see you have no argument

No, it is you who's argument is "my way or the highway."
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. The reason we dont interact is because I ream you a new asshole every time. Probably because I am well informed and articulate and you are a lo-lo dunce.

Well, if HL loses the case, and if HL relents and provides the insurance anyway, we'll then know that their so-called religious belief wasn't quite a morally inviolable as they claimed it was.

They have vowed to go out of business if forced to do this.

Hobby Lobby May Close All Stores In 41 States Due To Obamacare Abortion Mandate « Now The End Begins

They won't be first company that couldn't make it in America.

Your concern for their employees is touching. Fuck them if they don't knuckle under!

1. The insurance policies in the exchanges include the contraception coverage, don't they?

2. The subsidies to those policies come out of taxpayer dollars don't they?

3. The Hobby Lobby pays taxes doesn't it?

4. Therefore, the Hobby Lobby is paying for that birth control insurance...

...why aren't they refusing to commit that act of unChristian immorality???

When claims of religious 'freedom' run up against laws to the contrary, where does the law start to prevail?

Human sacrifice? Forced female circumcision? Child marriage? Polygamy?

Where?

Where the state can show a compelling reason to over ride the religious objection.
In this case there is none.
QED.

Where is the line? Refusal to serve gays? Refusal to hire gays? Refusal to hire blacks or other minorities?

You claim to know where the line isn't. Tell us where you think the line is.

There's no precedent in the past two centuries that gives for-profit corporations First Amendment religious freedom rights.

If the premise is so indelible (as some cons say), why has it taken some 225 years for it to be questioned?

When claims of religious 'freedom' run up against laws to the contrary, where does the law start to prevail?

Human sacrifice? Forced female circumcision? Child marriage? Polygamy?

Where?

Where the state can show a compelling reason to over ride the religious objection.
In this case there is none.
QED.

Where is the line? Refusal to serve gays? Refusal to hire gays? Refusal to hire blacks or other minorities?

You claim to know where the line isn't. Tell us where you think the line is.
...child labor laws, minimum wage, safety compliance, etc., etc., etc...

In case anyone missed it:

Prior to the mandate, Hobby Lobby's health insurance plan actually covered Plan B and Ella.

Didya all read that?

So their religious objections seemed to be tied to something that happened in 2012. hmmm :think:

Irrelevant.
Next.

Lol..no...This isn't a murder case and they bring up you got a speeding ticket 5 years ago.

Forum List

Back