Scenario for Screwing Trump

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Trump is the last person I want to see as President. There are empty suits and then there is Mr. Trump who is perhaps the most reprehensible person to enter our politics in quite a while. After calling Mexicans rapists and making fun of a man with neurological disorder, how anyone could vote for this small fraction of a human being is really a sign that American society has a very dark strain to it. Good that it is in the bowels of the GOP instead of being too widespread I suppose but that it exists anywhere in 2016 is frankly a sign that the nation hasn't progressed as far as many of us--of both major political ideologies and both major political parties--had hoped.

That being said, the democratic way to elect a person is that she/he who receives the most votes wins in the political primaries. If he gets the majority of votes in the Republican primaries/caucuses and the majority of delegates on the first ballot, he should win the GOP nomination for the President. Any deviation from that should not be encouraged by the GOP. I think Secretary Clinton would have a very easy time beating him both in popular vote and in the electoral vote mathematics.

Since she has her own baggage and is a flawed candidate in her own right and a 3rd party insurgency is a possiblility; I have been thinking about different scenarios to where we could end up with a person who is the President who is not named Trump or Clinton.

One that comes to mind is that if both Trump and Clinton end up with 269. Since Mr. Trump will shake up the map a little, this is a possibility.

The scenario goes like this. We vote on the 11/9. The electors vote on December 18 (I think). Joe Biden unseals them on 1/6/17. If there are just 2 people getting EVs, the House is faced with voting for either Trump or Clinton as President. They vote as a State Delegation and there are 33 majority Red delegations and 14 majority blue delegations and 3 that are tied. If a state delegation is tied; there is no vote cast for that State. There are enough to where one or two red members flipping would either disqualify the State or flip it to blue to give HRC the Presidency but I seriously doubt that would happen.

But another scenario is that as the House is voting, the Senate is selecting the VP. It is dominated by the GOP as well.

So, if the race comes down to HRC and Trump as President and Chris Christie and ______________ as VP nominees, the House may do the following; not vote at all. Let the Senate vote for Chris Christie and on 1/20, he becomes President. Meanwhile, there will be suit after suit filed by Trump to force the HOR to hold a vote. It would go to the Supreme Court post haste. To where it may face a 4-4 tie and no decision gets made.... Depending on who is appealing and who is the plaintiff, the VP could be installed as the President and Ryan, Dick Durbin (the new majority leader) , and Christie start legislating....

I see no Constitutional "trigger" that could make the HOR take a vote any more than I see one that makes the Senate consider Obama's nomination.

Admittedly, it's a lot of "ifs" to it but it's a fun scenario to consider.

Trump is the last person I want to see as President. There are empty suits and then there is Mr. Trump who is perhaps the most reprehensible person to enter our politics in quite a while. After calling Mexicans rapists and making fun of a man with neurological disorder, how anyone could vote for this small fraction of a human being is really a sign that American society has a very dark strain to it. Good that it is in the bowels of the GOP instead of being too widespread I suppose but that it exists anywhere in 2016 is frankly a sign that the nation hasn't progressed as far as many of us--of both major political ideologies and both major political parties--had hoped.

That being said, the democratic way to elect a person is that she/he who receives the most votes wins in the political primaries. If he gets the majority of votes in the Republican primaries/caucuses and the majority of delegates on the first ballot, he should win the GOP nomination for the President. Any deviation from that should not be encouraged by the GOP. I think Secretary Clinton would have a very easy time beating him both in popular vote and in the electoral vote mathematics.

Since she has her own baggage and is a flawed candidate in her own right and a 3rd party insurgency is a possiblility; I have been thinking about different scenarios to where we could end up with a person who is the President who is not named Trump or Clinton.

One that comes to mind is that if both Trump and Clinton end up with 269. Since Mr. Trump will shake up the map a little, this is a possibility.

The scenario goes like this. We vote on the 11/9. The electors vote on December 18 (I think). Joe Biden unseals them on 1/6/17. If there are just 2 people getting EVs, the House is faced with voting for either Trump or Clinton as President. They vote as a State Delegation and there are 33 majority Red delegations and 14 majority blue delegations and 3 that are tied. If a state delegation is tied; there is no vote cast for that State. There are enough to where one or two red members flipping would either disqualify the State or flip it to blue to give HRC the Presidency but I seriously doubt that would happen.

But another scenario is that as the House is voting, the Senate is selecting the VP. It is dominated by the GOP as well.

So, if the race comes down to HRC and Trump as President and Chris Christie and ______________ as VP nominees, the House may do the following; not vote at all. Let the Senate vote for Chris Christie and on 1/20, he becomes President. Meanwhile, there will be suit after suit filed by Trump to force the HOR to hold a vote. It would go to the Supreme Court post haste. To where it may face a 4-4 tie and no decision gets made.... Depending on who is appealing and who is the plaintiff, the VP could be installed as the President and Ryan, Dick Durbin (the new majority leader) , and Christie start legislating....

I see no Constitutional "trigger" that could make the HOR take a vote any more than I see one that makes the Senate consider Obama's nomination.

Who is this "we?"

images (82).jpg

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

This bunch of bullshit coming from someone who supports the incompetent liar Hitlery.

We will all give your post the attention it deserves.

As Governor Herbert said in a private party two nights ago "If Trump is elected, he will screw the far right nuts, and that is fine by me. Watch him and Paul Ryan govern from the middle."

Once again, last night, Trump got less than half of the delegates and half of the popular vote.

That is in his own party.

TIC - A fascinating election Trump and Sanders play the same fiddle, they remind me so much of Reagan: the white working class rising up momentarily, Walmart bag in hand, 'they're outsourcing our work' they say, as they open the door to their Japanese car, admiring the union made Mercedes parked next to them, checking then their Chinese made phone, and congratulating themselves on their purchases made in Vietnam, as they boo the Union workers protesting their wages at a strike site, not stopping at MacDonald's today as some outside are holding signs for better wages, F them they think, foreign based Burger King today, soon home they realize their internet service is having trouble, the helpline person in Hyderabad, assists them and service is restored, next they watch on their Korean made TV Trump / Sanders criticizing out sourcing and trade agreements as they rest comfortably in the Chinese made furniture assembled somewhere in the anti-union South............ We will be great again.......all is well..... if only......

Last edited:

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

This bunch of bullshit coming from someone who supports the incompetent liar Hitlery.

We will all give your post the attention it deserves.

Yet here you are commenting on it...

As Governor Herbert said in a private party two nights ago "If Trump is elected, he will screw the far right nuts, and that is fine by me. Watch him and Paul Ryan govern from the middle."

If that was all the President did, no problem. This buffoon is going to be responsible for sending your sons and daughters into combat.

Blah, blah, blah. Get a new act.

If that was all the President did, no problem. This buffoon is going to be responsible for sending your sons and daughters into combat.
You drama queens say that shit every 4 years.

And our presidents send our soldiers to worthless wars every time.

S. J. and his fellow freeks are not the mainstream of America. They are far to the right and wish to return America to the 1950s and mccarthyland.

I'd guess there are two concurrent conversations being had in the GOP right now:

1. How to sabotage Trump without alienating his followers and damaging the party even more
2. How to find a way to live with Trump as the nominee (and possibly beyond)

Yuck. What a shitty profession.

I'd guess there are two concurrent conversations being had in the GOP right now:

1. How to sabotage Trump without alienating his followers and damaging the party even more
2. How to find a way to live with Trump as the nominee (and possibly beyond)

Yuck. What a shitty profession.
This where the blue collar loses the significance of their decisions...

And our presidents send our soldiers to worthless wars every time.

S. J. and his fellow freeks are not the mainstream of America. They are far to the right and wish to return America to the 1950s and mccarthyland.

Not every time. Afghanistan was the home of Al Queda. Iraq was a total mistake, granted.

Forum List

Back