School employee storms classes with fake gun

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon

NORTH CAROLINA (KGO) -- Some North Carolina sixth graders got quite a terrorizing lesson this week. A school employee dressed up as a gunman and stormed into classes with a fake gun and ski mask.

School officials describe the incident as an 'enrichment lesson' -- meant to make the kids think about how they would respond if the school came under attack by a murderous intruder.

North Carolina school employeed storms classes with fake gun | abc7news.com

what an idiot. the person should be canned immediately.

So let me get this straight, a first grader gets suspended for innocently chewing his Pop Tart into a "gun like" shape, but this asshole still has a job?

NORTH CAROLINA (KGO) -- Some North Carolina sixth graders got quite a terrorizing lesson this week. A school employee dressed up as a gunman and stormed into classes with a fake gun and ski mask.

School officials describe the incident as an 'enrichment lesson' -- meant to make the kids think about how they would respond if the school came under attack by a murderous intruder.

100% agreement. What an idiot.

why don't they just set the school on fire so the kids would know how to act if a real fire broke out

First, he still has a job because it was authorized by school officials, at least that's they way I read it...

Second, whoever the fuck thought this was a good idea should lose their job because it would appear as though parents were not informed of the "enrichment lesson..."

why don't they just set the school on fire so the kids would know how to act if a real fire broke out

They have something similar (or at least they did when i was in grade school) to that. Every once in a while, the local FD would bring a "house" to the school and they'd put kids in a room and then pump fake smoke via the ventilation system of the "house" and teach kids how to react when something like it happens.

None of the dead victims of Adam Lanza, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had any practice/experience dealing with a psychotic killer. And, they're dead.
I'm guessing that partly it was because they didn't know how to protect themselves and had never done a drill to train themselves in that kind of safety protection.
I'm not saying this was a "best idea", but I do remember earthquake drills when I was a kid. We were taught how to protect ourselves in a potential disaster/emergency. Of course, back then, people weren't shooting up schools. Now, they are, so lets do the drill.

To me the reason for doing what was done is a good one, but I would not have gone about it in such a way because one of them kids could have blown him away thinking that he really was a whack job.

God bless you and them kids always!!!

Holly

None of the dead victims of Adam Lanza, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had any practice/experience dealing with a psychotic killer. And, they're dead.
I'm guessing that partly it was because they didn't know how to protect themselves and had never done a drill to train themselves in that kind of safety protection.
I'm not saying this was a "best idea", but I do remember earthquake drills when I was a kid. We were taught how to protect ourselves in a potential disaster/emergency. Of course, back then, people weren't shooting up schools. Now, they are, so lets do the drill.

and back then we had even much less restrictive gun laws than we have today. far fewer restructions on what could be owned. yet we have a group of individuals who are so convinced that a gun is the problem they are willing to infringe on constitutional rights

what i find interesting, we can't spank a kid because it will "traumatize" them. we can't have competitive sports because we can't let a child lose, it will traumatize them. but we can come at them as a masked terrorist waving guns because this will not traumatize them in anyway.

exactly how many adam lanza issues do we have that this is really an extreme we want to put our kids through?

:lmao:

Forum List

Back