School Staff JAILED for Not Reporting

so you love the big nanny state making all the rules
My state (VT) is lousy with nannies.....

See how impossible this all is?
yes it is
Why is this the school's wheelhouse in the first place?
because schools are seen as a 'sanctuary' for the abused

consider the scenario....little Hayden goes home from school being convinced he needs to be Hilda wanting hormone treatment

this was known by the school for some time, yet with held from the parents

Dad drives down to the school , flips out , and is subsequently arrested

Where is the 'crime'?

~S~

What a stupid distinction

Very little child abuse happens on school grounds

I have said many times on this thread, we are justified in reporting in two circumstances:

1. when the abuse happens on school time and on school property, or both, or one of those
2. When abuse happens at home, thus making us the "safe adults" to tell

Neither one of those were at play. So the parents should have been called and they can deal with it. Esp in a conservative worldview.

My state (VT) is lousy with nannies.....

yes it is

because schools are seen as a 'sanctuary' for the abused

consider the scenario....little Hayden goes home from school being convinced he needs to be Hilda wanting hormone treatment

this was known by the school for some time, yet with held from the parents

Dad drives down to the school , flips out , and is subsequently arrested

Where is the 'crime'?

~S~

First, VERMONT!?! So beautiful...and so messed up politically. I'm sorry.

Secondly, yes. Fellow conservatives here saying "it's the law, it's the law" as if the law is always beyond reproach. Really?

Man...this thread didn't go the way the OP hoped it would
I have said many times on this thread, we are justified in reporting in two circumstances:

1. when the abuse happens on school time and on school property, or both, or one of those

Neither one of those were at play. So the parents should have been called and they can deal with it. Esp in a conservative worldview.
The board thinks you're low grade garbage. The board is right.

So you just ignore any other abuse you are aware of?
What kind of teacher are you?

First, VERMONT!?! So beautiful...and so messed up politically. I'm sorry.
>>>>
8b13d82a768d4a94aeac62ce32311651.jpeg

~S~

So you just ignore any other abuse you are aware of?
What kind of teacher are you?

No I think we should now file a police report on everything we hear about now, to be safe, since that's what the public wants. Minor in possession--alcohol and MJ use. Driving infractions, larceny, destruction of property. Cops first, then the parents if we get around to it.

The parents will love it. Especially the conservative parents.

No I think we should now file a police report on everything we hear about now, to be safe, since that's what the public wants. Minor in possession--alcohol and MJ use. Driving infractions, larceny, destruction of property. Cops first, then the parents if we get around to it.

The parents will love it. Especially the conservative parents.
you prove just how retarded you are over and over in this thread, good job

you prove just how retarded you are over and over in this thread, good job

Oh. So we're being selective again?

This is my point, see. This is what you expect from teachers:

Stay out of it, but don't, or you can go to jail. Let parents know, but not necessary this time. Don't report THESE crimes--that's ridiculous--but you must report THIS crime even though it involves teens and didn't happen at school. Or again, jail.

Thank you. That was the point of my thread.

It's an impossible job that we pay people peanuts to do and then say, oh yeah, and you can buy your own pencils too.

Oh. So we're being selective again?

This is my point, see. This is what you expect from teachers:

Stay out of it, but don't, or you can go to jail. Let parents know, but not necessary this time. Don't report THESE crimes--that's ridiculous--but you must report THIS crime even though it involves teens and didn't happen at school. Or again, jail.

Thank you. That was the point of my thread.

It's an impossible job that we pay people peanuts to do and then say, oh yeah, and you can buy your own pencils too.
you dont have a point other than to whine like the little bitch you are.

We already know Conservatives only care about the unborn.
Those who are born are not their concern

This is about parental rights, and the fact that conservatives want teachers to stand and deliver the three Rs but stay out of everything else....

But loved teachers going to jail for not reporting this crime FAST enough, though it could easily have been referred to the parents.

This thread is about how teachers can absolutely, positively not win to the tune of being criminally charged. For simply not reporting teen to teen assault, not for committing it.

Crime in progress vs. a crime that is not in progress

That's first.

Second, since the formerly-conservative parents here have decided to conscript us into law enforcement even before or separate from parental notification, I guess we too can call the police when there is larceny and other crimes, even those we get wind of that happen off school time and off school property. Do you know how many secondary teachers hear about, say, Minors in Possession?

Again. This does not seem like a conservative viewpoint to me, but hey.
By decree... The High, and mighty Sweet Sue doth hereby declare all whom oppose her position on this matter be stripped of the mantle of "conservative". As she has said, so it is done!

This is about parental rights, and the fact that conservatives want teachers to stand and deliver the three Rs but stay out of everything else....

But loved teachers going to jail for not reporting this crime FAST enough, though it could easily have been referred to the parents.

This thread is about how teachers can absolutely, positively not win to the tune of being criminally charged. For simply not reporting teen to teen assault, not for committing it.
making excuses for your indifference doesn't work when we have this long thread to see your childish temper tantrum in full.

To me, each school should have an established protocol for reporting suspected child abuse.
A teacher should not be calling the cops but report the details to a trained individual who will document the claim and take action.

Or do like most would do and bury it.

That is already kinda what happens on college and university campus. How is that working out?

By decree... The High, and mighty Sweet Sue doth hereby declare all whom oppose her position on this matter be stripped of the mantle of "conservative". As she has said, so it is done!

You can call yourself whatever you want. Is your position consistent?

Forum List

Back