School Threatens to Ruin Valedictorian’s Naval Academy Appt.

Whatever his speech was and why they ended it is a moot point. The fact (I Presume it is a fact) that the PRINCIPLE decided to take it all a step further by intruding into this kids chances of going to the naval academy.....THAT is what needs to be eyeballed and addressed by the kids lawyer and the school system. If the principle did that, then he does not need to be a principle any more. Period.

So...a principal is not allowed to tell a prospective college about one of his student's character? Really?

In Texas, the law is very clear about these things. Yes, the principal, on his own, can make a character assessment about any of his students to any of the colleges to which they applied. The principal is of course subject to libel law.

As a school board president, more than once I ensured that a particular institution had a full character assessment about a student applicant.

Look, pops, we all know you weren't a school board president.

If you think that is what the military is about, then you are wrong. I am glad you never served.

That's what you're about, Fakey. You're a boot-licking toad. You respect authority without question.

Respect for the Rule of Law instead of fallible man is what I respect.

Constitutional republican democracy is so much better than the reactionary nonsense in which you believe/

No, you're lying. You have no respect for the rule of law, you are a boot-licking authoritarian.

That's what you're about, Fakey. You're a boot-licking toad. You respect authority without question.

Constitutional republican democracy is so much better than the reactionary nonsense in which you believe/

You have no respect for the rule of law, you are a boot-licking authoritarian.

You are talking to the fool in your mirror, the one dressed up in his Gestapo outfit.

You are a pitiful little fool, no respect for others, no respect for the law, no respect for himself.

Great level-headed reasoning. Drama Queen much?

A Texas high school principal threatened to sabotage a valedictorian’s appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy after the student delivered a speech that referenced God and the U.S. Constitution, the boy’s attorney alleges.

Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, said Joshua High School principal Mick Cochran threatened to write a letter to the U.S. Naval Academy disparaging the character of Remington Reimer.

“It was intimidating having my high school principal threaten my future because I wanted to stand up for the Constitution and acknowledge my faith and not simply read a government approved speech, the teenager said.

--

“Specifically, he threatened to send a letter to the United States Naval Academy advising them that Remington has poor character or words to that effect,” Sasser told Fox News.

After consulting with a school attorney, the principal temporarily retracted the threat, Sasser said.

“The principal said he wanted to try to ruin him for what he did – for talking about the Constitution and his faith,” Sasser said. “I don’t know if he’s going to be able to continue to be the principal of that school.”​

Principal Little Bitch is a prick.

If that was me, that douche would have had to talk to a lawyer to see how much he could sue my dad for over all the missing teeth.

If it was my son, I'd have choked that fuck out.

As it is, I suggest the parents ban together and get that useless America hating fuck out.

Whatever his speech was and why they ended it is a moot point. The fact (I Presume it is a fact) that the PRINCIPLE decided to take it all a step further by intruding into this kids chances of going to the naval academy.....THAT is what needs to be eyeballed and addressed by the kids lawyer and the school system. If the principle did that, then he does not need to be a principle any more. Period.

So...a principal is not allowed to tell a prospective college about one of his student's character? Really?

If he is asked about the student's character, then sure. This guy used his power as principle to "get back" at some kid he would never see again since it was a graduation. Do you really think this guy acted in an adult manner on how he handled his anger issue towards the kid? Come on. He abused his authority and used that letter as a billy club.

In short....Mr. Principle has a short fuse and decided he was going to teach young punk a lesson. I've met guys like him before. Why else would he go to such extremes? I mean..wow. Kinda overacted there, didn't he? And if he did that to this kid..what else is he doing as Principle? Who else is he bullying?

Thems my thoughts. Could be wrong, but...oh well. Could be the kid IS a horrific brat. Who knows?

Your mentality, bripat, is fascistic, because you believe in the law of the leader, which is you.

The parents' lawsuit will be thrown out. Then they will have to pay quite a bit off money.

And they kid is not going to the academy. That's a done deal.

So, will you cry when he goes to the Academy? Will your rend your clothing?

You seem to be a legend in your own mind. There are pills for that now, JakeTheFake!

You are talking to the fool in your mirror, the one dressed up in his Gestapo outfit.

You are a pitiful little fool, no respect for others, no respect for the law, no respect for himself.

You're lying again, pops. You are projecting...or hallucinating, but I'll leave that distinction to your shrink.

Someone else has found you out, Fakey. Why is it that everyone but you knows the truth?

Someone else has found you out, Fakey. Why is it that everyone but you knows the truth?

The reactionary wacks here are not everybody, just a few loser somebodies. :lol:

You're lying again, pops. You are projecting...or hallucinating, but I'll leave that distinction to your shrink.

Hey, Jarlaxle, you weirdo, bripat thinks you are "everybody". Better check behind you.

If he is asked about the student's character, then sure. This guy used his power as principle to "get back" at some kid he would never see again since it was a graduation. Do you really think this guy acted in an adult manner on how he handled his anger issue towards the kid? Come on. He abused his authority and used that letter as a billy club.

777-full.jpg

riker.gif

Last edited:
The principal was within his right to punish the student in such a way.
Just because one CAN do a thing does not mean that one SHOULD do a thing.

This is not a question of legal boundaries... this is a question of ethics... in the context of the Principal's behavior... i.e., SHOULD he have done this, not could he.

Last edited:

This is not a question of legal boundaries... this is a question of ethics... in the context of the Principal's behavior... i.e., SHOULD he have done this, not could he.

The student violated his duty, and the principal is morally bound to punish him.

Such behavior by the student will not be tolerated in a military academy.

I don't want him educated on our dime.

The student violated his duty, and the principal is morally bound to punish him.

Such behavior by the student will not be tolerated in a military academy.

I don't want him educated on our dime.
God forgive you for taking-up such a position.

But, fine, let's play your game for a moment.

Let's say that the Principal IS morally obliged to 'punish' the offending student.

Measure the punishment to the crime.

There's no point in hounding a man for the rest of his life for eating a piece of bread that was not his, when he was starving one day.

And limit that punishment to the framework of the school district.

Do something within the confines and limits of the school district.

Revoke some Academic or Citizenship Award or another that he might have earned while a student there, if you can find a legal and ethical basis for doing so, or fine him or his parents for a Behavioral Incident while on school premises while attending a school event, or make him serve 10 detentions in summer-school before granting him his diploma, or some-such thing.

But do NOT go out of your way to sabotage the youth's prospects for future success by malignantly and malevolently contacting people outside your jurisdiction to try to 'spoil' things for the boy.

Contacting the Naval Academy over this is far, far, FAR above-and-beyond any punishment merited by the Principled Stand made by this boy.

Measure the punishment to the crime.

Contacting the Naval Academy to sabotage the kid's future is like swatting a mosquito with a Tomahawk cruise missile.

Overkill.

By several orders of magnitude.

You do not want him educated on 'our' dime.

I disagree, and think we need far more boys and girls just like this one, in our officer corps.

People with the courage to act from conviction when they believe they are engaged in (or being forced to submit to) a Wrong Thing.

The service academies help our kids to sort-through the distinction between Lawful Orders and Wrong Things, as part of their ongoing education, as they move into this next phase of their academic career.

This was a young person's mistake... or great glory... depending upon your perspective.

But young people get to make mistakes on the way to adulthood - even if this was a mistake - and I, for one, believe that it was 'glory' rather than 'mistake'.

I want him educated on our dime.

And it's my hope that the majority of our fellow countrymen and our military academy folk feel exactly the same way.

Last edited:
A Texas high school principal threatened to sabotage a valedictorian’s appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy after the student delivered a speech that referenced God and the U.S. Constitution, the boy’s attorney alleges.

Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, said Joshua High School principal Mick Cochran threatened to write a letter to the U.S. Naval Academy disparaging the character of Remington Reimer.

“It was intimidating having my high school principal threaten my future because I wanted to stand up for the Constitution and acknowledge my faith and not simply read a government approved speech, the teenager said.

--

“Specifically, he threatened to send a letter to the United States Naval Academy advising them that Remington has poor character or words to that effect,” Sasser told Fox News.

After consulting with a school attorney, the principal temporarily retracted the threat, Sasser said.

“The principal said he wanted to try to ruin him for what he did – for talking about the Constitution and his faith,” Sasser said. “I don’t know if he’s going to be able to continue to be the principal of that school.”​

Principal Little Bitch is a prick.

You know what a real news source would do??

They wouldn't publish until they had a statement from the Principal.

Reimer, a senior at Joshua High School, made national headlines on June 6 when officials cut off his microphone in mid-speech after he strayed from pre-approved remarks and began talking about his relationship with Jesus Christ.

Is there youtube video of this, I need a good laugh.

So, he's a good boy because he believes in Jesus Christ, and he gets a pass for thumbing his nose at school rules and policy.... That's what the Naval Academy needs, people who don't like to follow rules and procedure.... The navy loves people who don't respect authority.:razz::confused:

The Principal should have just written the letter, this kid doesn't belong at the Naval academy.

God forgive you for taking-up such a position.

God forgives me every day. On this, the error is yours and the defenders of a willful student who knew the rules and broke them. He does not have the maturity or the mental willingness to obey authority at a military academy. I am sure that the Admissions committee has noted the newspaper reports and have redlined him.

Forum List

Back