Schumer Threatens USSC Justices Gorsuch & Kavanaugh: 'You Will Pay Price - Won't Know What Hit You!

Schumer always gets close to but doesn't cross that threshold. It's time to censure Schumer at the least or impeach him at most.
Sounded like he crossed a line to me. We need to hold these violent leftists to the same standard they hold us, but I'm not sure how you go about removing someone like this.

It requires a 2/3rds vote of the senate and that will never happen.

If they censured the knucklehead it would only need a simple majority
Haven't they censured AOC twice? Doesn't seem to be THAT hard.
She has? Are you sure?
You're right. I poofed the post. I thought for sure I remembered--maybe reprimands?--had something to do with what she said about Israel/Palestine? But I'm not able to find anything.

Schumer is publicly flighting for a policy he believes in, that’s what politicians do. I don’t like that he went Trump style with his rhetoric.... we need to be better than that and not stoop to that level

The question is why did schmukey pick on only these two justices, it takes 5 to get a ruling either way.

He sees them as political and bias appointees that he doesn't think should have been approved by congress. Unfortunately for chuck, that’s how the pendulum of power swings in our system. He needs to do better and not make outbursts like that. To his credit, he did apologize and correct the record
Bullshit, Schumer is complaining the Court is not biased in favor of the Democrats. The most political and biased members of the Court are Ginsburg and Sotomayor, and he has no problem with that. No one has heard an honest word out of Chuck in many years.
You say bullshit he says bullshit then we all go home... wasn’t that fun
You're the one who tried to spin Schumer's irresponsible remarks so you must think bullshit is fun.
it goes back to there are some that can't simply say "that was wrong" and let it be from there. they'll take a little of the responsibility to show they're being "fair" then go blame everyone else for the rest.

But your orange whore has already violated the separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches of government. Your orange whore has already demanded recusal of members of the judicial branch of government.
Go play your Whut Aboutism game with someone else

schumer is the issue here, not trump

Bullshit. The accusation of violating the separation of powers was already made when I responded to it. Schumer's statement actually does not violate the separation of powers. Your whore has done it constantly. You right-wingers are perfectly content to throw female Americans under the bus to appease your cult friends. You think that it is okay to force female Americans to live under the yoke of right-wing "religious" fascism so that you can get what you want.

Hey snowflake. Don't try that denial shit with me.

Tell it to the Senators who are already moving to censure him.

Censuring him for what? You right-wingers have already laid down the rule that anything goes. We Americans can say anything we like, disobey any laws and rules that we don't like, claim anything to be a "sincerely held belief" that excuses us. We are now living by right-wing rules. BTW: Your orange whore already has demanded the recusal of Supreme Court justices.
go play with your toys.

Another ignorant one who has nothing to say. I have a "sincerely held belief" that you are a moron.

What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same
condemnations of Trumps attacks on judges?

This partisanship is getting to destructive levels and needs to stop.
For as long as I can remember liberals were getting their way in the courts and demanded that supreme court rulings were infallible and must never be questioned

according to lefties if the demigods in black robes say abortion, or gay marriage are constitutionally protected then no one can disagree

but now schumer is saying he knows more about the Constitution than the black robes

and making threats against them if they dont follow his orders
Schumer is publicly flighting for a policy he believes in, that’s what politicians do. I don’t like that he went Trump style with his rhetoric.... we need to be better than that and not stoop to that level
The SC is not supposed to be a legislative body

its been one in the past when the unelected lib judges discovered constitutional rights that congress didnt know about

but schumer has no business lobbying for any particular ruling by the judicial branch

not to mention make threats if they dont comply
Agreed, I never said what chuck did was appropriate discourse. It’s looking now like a PR stunt to get attention to the issue. Either way, he needs to do better
He needs to resign from congress

and if he doesent step down he should be expelled
Easy drama queen. If you’re gonna be that hardline on speech and decorum then your gonna have to apply it to all sides and I don’t think you’re ready for that given the verbal turd slinger we have in the White House

This is what an adult does when he/she makes a mistake.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chuck Schumer, the top U.S. Senate Democrat, expressed regret on Thursday for remarks he made a day earlier that two Supreme Court justices appointed by President Donald Trump would "pay the price" if they rule in favor of abortion restrictions.

"I'm from Brooklyn. We speak in strong language. I shouldn't have used the words I did. But in no way was I making a threat. I never, never would do such a thing," Schumer said on the Senate floor amid calls from Republicans that he apologize for his comments about Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.
..............................................................................................
It explains why the Orange Fraud doesn't apologize. He has the maturity level of a child.

What Chuck did was wrong. Just because Trump does that shit on a regular basis does not make it ok for other leader to follow suit. Roberts had a good point in his critique of Schumer but why hasn’t he made the same
condemnations of Trumps attacks on judges?

This partisanship is getting to destructive levels and needs to stop.
For as long as I can remember liberals were getting their way in the courts and demanded that supreme court rulings were infallible and must never be questioned

according to lefties if the demigods in black robes say abortion, or gay marriage are constitutionally protected then no one can disagree

but now schumer is saying he knows more about the Constitution than the black robes

The SC is not supposed to be a legislative body

its been one in the past when the unelected lib judges discovered constitutional rights that congress didnt know about

but schumer has no business lobbying for any particular ruling by the judicial branch

not to mention make threats if they dont comply
Agreed, I never said what chuck did was appropriate discourse. It’s looking now like a PR stunt to get attention to the issue. Either way, he needs to do better
He needs to resign from congress

and if he doesent step down he should be expelled

That takes a 2/3 majority vote to pull off while a simple majority will turn the trick for a censure. Few who have been censured are ever reelected and most won't even run again. It's pretty close to the kiss of death. It does neuter them by removing them from all committees and restricts them to floor votes only.

Not a single threat.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with court rulings.
And of course... YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.

Remember Trent Lot? He made a JOKE when Strom Thurman retired and he was GONE, for FAR, FAR LESS... HE WAS GONE.

Schumer should be REMOVED, NOW, PERIOD, END OF STORY. He stood on the STEPS OF THE SUPREME COURT, and POINTED to the court, and CALLED OUT SC JUSTICES BY NAME, and THREATENED THEM.

You ATTEMPTING to downplay this is just another GLARING example of you DEMOCRATS HYPOCRISY and DOUBLE STANDARD. Had a REPUBLICAN just did what Chuckie Cheese did aimed at LEFTIST JUSTICES, THE ENTIRE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING would be in TOTAL SCORCHED EARTH MELT DOWN MODE, and you know DAMN WELL that's the TRUTH.
trump screams at the the judges when he doesn't like the ruling. very true. but i've not heard him make what could be considered a threat to their personal well being.

but what happens is that goes unchecked and sooner or later someone does the "hold my beer" schtick and takes it up a notch. schumer did in fact do just that and needs to be called out for it by all sides. anyone saying he was right in doing this is wrong.

trump isn't right in what he does either but again - i've not seen him directly threaten the health of a SCOTUS as of yet.
Bull shit. Trump has NEVER come CLOSE to doing ANYTHING even REMOTELY resembling what Schumer did towards the SC.

Get freakin' real. You democrats excuses are absolutely PATHETIC as you try and SPIN this.
Excuses?! What excuses. I said what Schumer said was unacceptable, I called Waters a douche and yes Trump has been the ring leader is disgusting rhetoric for most his life and has brought new lows into our politics. You need to get real man. I’m not breaking news here
Trump has been TRASHED, NON STOP, 24/7 since the DAY HE WAS ELECTED. TRASHING people is WHAT YOU DEMOCRATS DO, and you think you can just get away with it NON STOP and NO one is EVER supposed to RESPOND in the SAME MANNER. Yeah, so Trump FIRES BACK and you radical little bubble heads think it's WRONG. He GIVES WHAT HE GETS, and you ass wipes CAN'T STAND IT.

But the difference is, Trump is RESPONDING to all the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING TRASHING he gets NON STOP. He has NEVER pulled a STUNT like Schumer just did and EVERYONE knows it, even you LYING sons a bitches.

Ya, GET REAL, and spare me your pathetic SPIN and EXCUSES.
First off, I’m not a democrat. Second, Trump gets called out on his lies and for the things he says and does just as Chuck deserved to get called out for acting inappropriately with the SCOTUS situation.

SC justices don't "vote," as I'm sure you know. I think ALL of them, including Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, call 'em as they see 'em and do their best to keep their opinions out of it. That's their job.

I just think the reaction here is the typical "let's punish the lefties" attitude that comes at every opportunity. No sensible person would consider what he said as a viable threat. No one.
Kavenaugh Thomas and Alito all form their opinions on Roe by virtue of their religion. I mean why would they find a religious exemption to people getting FREE HC via an employer as a basis to challenge covering IUDs. Or employers complaining that the govt mandates all HC plans cover them? If THAT's a right, how come abortion is a right that State's can pass laws making them unattainable unless docs have admitting privileges to hospitals that will NEVER grant the privilege to a doc who openly performs abortions?
Why is the SC hearing a case so similar to one that was decided in Texas a couple years ago? In that one, the SC said no, they couldn't require that, but by the time the decision was made, most of the clinics offering abortion services had closed because the legislation was in limbo.

Isn't precedent worth anything any more? Are those opposed to legal abortion challenging the Court with laws that clearly refute its recent decisions? Doesn't the federal law superceed state law if the two contradict? States doing this should be fined, don't you think? It's not like they don't know what the law is. They are simply ignoring it. Man, they fight dirty. Or am I understanding this wrong?
this is where i think sooner or later we need to come to a consensus and let it go. so i agree that once we've decided it, why take it up again only when you feel you can reverse it? all that means is later when the SCOTUS tilts again, we bring it back and change it. again.
yep, what's the point? let it happen. it's called a fight. legislation in congress gets changed all the time. why is this any different? New evidence is collected and presented. just like any guilty person in jail. I don't get why people oppose such things. too funny.
what new evidence can there possibly be for the abortion issue?

The issue isn't abortion, it's a 10th amendment case dealing with a States ability to regulate doctors who are licensed to practice by the State.

trump screams at the the judges when he doesn't like the ruling. very true. but i've not heard him make what could be considered a threat to their personal well being.

but what happens is that goes unchecked and sooner or later someone does the "hold my beer" schtick and takes it up a notch. schumer did in fact do just that and needs to be called out for it by all sides. anyone saying he was right in doing this is wrong.

trump isn't right in what he does either but again - i've not seen him directly threaten the health of a SCOTUS as of yet.
Bull shit. Trump has NEVER come CLOSE to doing ANYTHING even REMOTELY resembling what Schumer did towards the SC.

Get freakin' real. You democrats excuses are absolutely PATHETIC as you try and SPIN this.
Excuses?! What excuses. I said what Schumer said was unacceptable, I called Waters a douche and yes Trump has been the ring leader is disgusting rhetoric for most his life and has brought new lows into our politics. You need to get real man. I’m not breaking news here
How unacceptable?

censure and demotion from minority leader?

or expulsion?
I think Roberts public condemnation was appropriate and Chuck handled it the right way by apologizing on the floor of congress and correcting the record.

Not enough and too fucking late. These assholes need an example so maybe they'll learn to control their lying tongues for a change.
Haha, you gonna apply the same standards to POTUS?

Not a single threat.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with court rulings.

Remember Trent Lot? He made a JOKE when Strom Thurman retired and he was GONE, for FAR, FAR LESS... HE WAS GONE.

Schumer should be REMOVED, NOW, PERIOD, END OF STORY. He stood on the STEPS OF THE SUPREME COURT, and POINTED to the court, and CALLED OUT SC JUSTICES BY NAME, and THREATENED THEM.

You ATTEMPTING to downplay this is just another GLARING example of you DEMOCRATS HYPOCRISY and DOUBLE STANDARD. Had a REPUBLICAN just did what Chuckie Cheese did aimed at LEFTIST JUSTICES, THE ENTIRE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING would be in TOTAL SCORCHED EARTH MELT DOWN MODE, and you know DAMN WELL that's the TRUTH.

Trump has been TRASHED, NON STOP, 24/7 since the DAY HE WAS ELECTED. TRASHING people is WHAT YOU DEMOCRATS DO, and you think you can just get away with it NON STOP and NO one is EVER supposed to RESPOND in the SAME MANNER. Yeah, so Trump FIRES BACK and you radical little bubble heads think it's WRONG. He GIVES WHAT HE GETS, and you ass wipes CAN'T STAND IT.

But the difference is, Trump is RESPONDING to all the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING TRASHING he gets NON STOP. He has NEVER pulled a STUNT like Schumer just did and EVERYONE knows it, even you LYING sons a bitches.

Ya, GET REAL, and spare me your pathetic SPIN and EXCUSES.
the left are insecure in their own selves.

The question is why did schmukey pick on only these two justices, it takes 5 to get a ruling either way.

He sees them as political and bias appointees that he doesn't think should have been approved by congress. Unfortunately for chuck, that’s how the pendulum of power swings in our system. He needs to do better and not make outbursts like that. To his credit, he did apologize and correct the record
Bullshit, Schumer is complaining the Court is not biased in favor of the Democrats. The most political and biased members of the Court are Ginsburg and Sotomayor, and he has no problem with that. No one has heard an honest word out of Chuck in many years.
You say bullshit he says bullshit then we all go home... wasn’t that fun
You're the one who tried to spin Schumer's irresponsible remarks so you must think bullshit is fun.
I did? What did I try and spin them to?

How unacceptable?

or expulsion?
I think Roberts public condemnation was appropriate and Chuck handled it the right way by apologizing on the floor of congress and correcting the record.

Not enough and too fucking late. These assholes need an example so maybe they'll learn to control their lying tongues for a change.
Haha, you gonna apply the same standards to POTUS?
yea, right after you apply your standards evenly to people you don't like.

never seen you do that.

The guys a jerk, as a matter of fact, since Trump has taken office, everybody has gone fuckin stupid...can't wait to send Trump packing
So....you are blaming the most successful President in the last 50 years for 'everybody' going 'f*ing stupid'...and you think Trump leaving will solve the problem of 'everybody going f*ing stupid'?

:p

One of the only thing Trumpybear has been the most successful in is in saying his is the most successful.

Another, he is the most successful liar we've ever had in the White House, he is the most successful president at creating shit storms on Tweeter with his documented lies.

Greatest self promoting lying shit storm generating president ever.

Banana Republicans must be proud.

How unacceptable?

or expulsion?
BULLSHIT! Somebody get a rope.

that's not new evidence, just stupid.
It's new evidence of the Left's true overall / final objective but has little to do with the specific case of Roe-V-Wade and the basic Constitutionality of a woman's right to have an abortion.

1st Trimester, Late-Term, and Post-Birth all deal with WHEN, not the Constitutionality of the overall act / procedure.....

I would think he would only have to threaten roberts who along with the 4 liberals would be enough

but who knows what is going on in schumers retarded brain?
Who knows? Everybody who listened to his apology and explanation
you mean this?

"The minority leader admitted that he should not have used the words he did, but then contended that he was “in no way making a threat,” and flipped the situation onto Senate Republicans, accusing the majority of “manufacturing outrage.”"

he should just apologize and shut the fuck up. period. esp when their side get offended at anything they think gives them leverage. hell, you got bent cause you didn't like how trump carries himself and that was a point of debate.

it's all stupid and people need to own it and stop blaming others for their own actions.

period.
esp when their side get offended at anything they think gives them leverage.

Schumer gave republicans a legitimate reason to be outraged

we should make an example of him that will get everyones attention in both parties

This is what an adult does when he/she makes a mistake.

True...they don't wait until they are FORCED to by threat of having to face the consequences of their actions, like Chucky is doing now...and lying while he does so.

Forum List

Back