Science Fiction ~ Books, TV, Movie & General Comment~Content

The best space movie ever isn't 'Star Wars,' according to data. See the movie that beat it out.​

Here, Stacker compiled a list of the best space movies of all time as determined by the Stacker score, which equally weighs a film's IMDb user score and Metascore (data from October 2020), so both critics' and fans' opinions are taken into account. To be considered for the list, a film needed over 2,500 IMDb votes and at least seven Metacritic reviews.

The films on this list include soaring space operas, faithful docudramas, gripping thrillers, and speculative musings, but they all deal with space to some degree. These films span the recent history of cinema, from 1956 to 2022, and thus a chronological progression can be observed, with the early successes influencing later films.

A 50 click slideshow.

Another sci-fi/horror book I'd recommend is 'Dead Silence.' It's labeled as Titanic meets Event Horizon. Basically a salvage crew in space come across a lost luxury passenger ship where everyone on board is dead. Was a fun read. Enjoyed it a lot.
Have you seen 1899 on Netflix?

I'm not big into hardcore science fiction, but I have read quite a few of books in that vein. The Three Body Problem is the most recent of the hardcore science fiction novels I have read. I understand there is going to be a Netflix movie made from this book.

My all-time favorite science fiction book is Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. It is exceedingly clever and has some smart humor in it at the same time.

I've lost count of how many copies of this book I have given away.

Partly a place to review the books, TV shows and films dealing with Science Fiction. Also a place do comment on the writers of such, and maybe film producers and directors.
I always loved the film"Minority Report" based loosely off the book by Phillip K. Dick

I really loved the film because it questions technology... is it always the answer. Will technology advance enough to the stage where crimes can be predicted before they happen and the person who most likely will commit the crime is arrested? I hope not. It had great acting. Great story line. Special Effects were amazing I thought.

Brave New World - probably my all time favorite Sci-Fi novel kind of explores similar themes... when will technology go too far? Is technology really the best answer? The film "Gattica" again kind of explores similar themes to Brave New World, Ioved the film. Science is not flawless in determining human potential, the human will plays a big role. Ethan Hawke was outstanding in this movie, great acting.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of sci-fi and time travel but I got the book as a gift. "The Cabinet of Dr. Leng" by NYT best selling authors Preston & Child starts off as a 19th century detective story and then it switches to today and some sort of time travel machine. I'm about 100 pages in and still trying to figure it out before I put it down.

Forum List

Back