Scientist discovers errors in global warming model

What is this? Climate change primary school edition?

Who is saying climate change hasn't happened in the past? No one, not a single person. So why are you trying to make a point as if people have said this?

There are two things.

Climate change and MAN MADE climate change. You see the difference?

One is natural, the Earth goes through phases. What happens happens. However with man made climate change we can't say what the impact might be....

if man can impact the climate like you say

then there is no need for natures "what happens happens"

Why?

We can impact, we just can't control.
you know those two pieces are contradicting correct?

What? Are you insane?

Do you know what the words "impact" and "control" are? If you don't, I suggest you look them up because they're NOT contradictory. And NO, I'm not going to teach you basic fucking English.
it's now obvious you don't.

Oh jeez, someone trying to take the high ground when they're clearly not aware of differences in words. Sorry, I'm not in the mood for this kind of crap right now.

Actually, many currently believe the earth is about to enter a cooling cycle. But regardless, Global Warming/Global Cooling? We'll survive... Or we won't.

No not really. Most believe we have just started the interglacial period which will last for thousands of years.

Adapt or die.

Bring on the warmth. I can handle it. I ain't afraid of no Global Warming Boogeyman. ;)

Until it starts killing too many people, then....

People die all the time. That's never gonna change. But the historical climate evidence shows that animal and plant life thrive during times of high CO2 levels and warm climates. So humanity isn't doomed.

Now, extreme cold climates are another story. Animal and plant life don't do very well in those climates. So, when the 'Global Cooling' fear mongering begins, it would be somewhat reasonable to be concerned. Humans don't like harsh cold climates.

Well, the think is that some animals might thrive in times of high CO2, but will humans?

Humanity might be doomed, life on the planet probably not.

But then again, should we be changing the world in a manner where we don't know the impact it will have on life, especially human life?

It seems there are those who only care about themselves and want to make oil profits, and therefore spend loads of money making sure people are not concerned about something that has the potential to go wrong.

If you don't know the outcome of a big change, are you willing to take the risk?

Those who make profits from oil etc are willing to take this risk. Why are you?

There is no scientific evidence supporting the belief a warmer climate will spell the end of humanity. All evidence available supports the opposite. Talk to me when you guys start pushing your 'Global Cooling' scam. The planet getting colder could be somewhat of a concern.

Why?

you know those two pieces are contradicting correct?

What? Are you insane?

Do you know what the words "impact" and "control" are? If you don't, I suggest you look them up because they're NOT contradictory. And NO, I'm not going to teach you basic fucking English.
it's now obvious you don't.

Oh jeez, someone trying to take the high ground when they're clearly not aware of differences in words. Sorry, I'm not in the mood for this kind of crap right now.
not at all, someone explaining that you have no idea what the difference is. No moral high ground, just more factual information regarding how uneducated folks as yourself are with the environment. Funny stuff frank!!!!

Awww, it's that cute global cooling myth again that was debunked last decade.

An enduring popular myth suggests that in the 1970s the climate science community was predicting “global cooling” and an “imminent” ice age, an observation frequently used by those who would undermine what climate scientists say today about the prospect of global warming. A review of the literature suggests that, on the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking as being one of the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales. More importantly than showing the falsehood of the myth, this review describes how scientists of the time built the foundation on which the cohesive enterprise of modern climate science now rests.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Actually, many currently believe the earth is about to enter a cooling cycle. But regardless, Global Warming/Global Cooling? We'll survive... Or we won't.

No not really. Most believe we have just started the interglacial period which will last for thousands of years.

Adapt or die.

Check your smart-watch. This interglacial is already longer than 2 of the previous three.. Time's a'wasting.
Good news is -- spewing A LOT of CO2 might just help a few people in the higher latitudes survive the next glacial period..

Animal and plant life have always thrived during times of high CO2 levels and warm climates. Lush tropical climates are perfect for life. It's only when climates turn cold & dry, that life struggles to survive. 'Global Warming' will not spell the end of humanity. In fact, humanity will likely thrive.

Actually if you look at say, the great empires, what we see is a decline when things get too hot.

The Egyptians were followed by the Greeks and then the Romans. As things changed so too did the areas able to sustain great empires.

Are equatorial countries at the top of the GDP pile? No, in fact it is mostly countries in milder climates, Europe, China, Japan, North America, etc.

More CO2 will cause more moisture. So it wouldn't be an extreme dry desert heat. It would more likely be a lush tropical heat. The climate record proves that. So your CO2 Boogeyman isn't quite the Boogeyman you guys make it out to be. The historical climate record shows that animal and plant life thrive in those climates.

Some believe the earth getting colder may have actually contributed to humans experiencing the Dark Ages. They may have experienced a 'Mini-Ice Age. So if you are inclined to live in fear over climate change, the planet getting colder should be more of a concern.

Adapt or die.

Check your smart-watch. This interglacial is already longer than 2 of the previous three.. Time's a'wasting.
Good news is -- spewing A LOT of CO2 might just help a few people in the higher latitudes survive the next glacial period..

Animal and plant life have always thrived during times of high CO2 levels and warm climates. Lush tropical climates are perfect for life. It's only when climates turn cold & dry, that life struggles to survive. 'Global Warming' will not spell the end of humanity. In fact, humanity will likely thrive.

Actually if you look at say, the great empires, what we see is a decline when things get too hot.

The Egyptians were followed by the Greeks and then the Romans. As things changed so too did the areas able to sustain great empires.

Are equatorial countries at the top of the GDP pile? No, in fact it is mostly countries in milder climates, Europe, China, Japan, North America, etc.
Excellent point, a number of civilizations have collapsed due to climate change. None of which were triggered by mankind.

Spot On. And obviously, different parts of the earth experience different climates and weather. That's always been the case, and always will be the case. But if they're gonna continue to push the CO2 Boogeyman, the historical climate record shows during periods of high CO2 levels and warm climates, life on earth thrives.

So if you remove the politics and fear, it becomes obvious that mankind is not doomed because of CO2. Their scam is beginning to crumble.

Excellent point, a number of civilizations have collapsed due to climate change. None of which were triggered by mankind.

What is this? Climate change primary school edition?

Who is saying climate change hasn't happened in the past? No one, not a single person. So why are you trying to make a point as if people have said this?

There are two things.

Climate change and MAN MADE climate change. You see the difference?

One is natural, the Earth goes through phases. What happens happens. However with man made climate change we can't say what the impact might be....

Why?

We do probably impact the climate a bit. And if you know the cause -- it MIGHT be preventable. CO2 has a diminishing effect on the GreenHouse. For every degree in temperature you get from increases in temperature -- you need TWICE as much CO2 to get the next degree. And water vapor is by far the LARGEST GHouse gas contributor. The GW theory states that man-made emissions are just the "trigger" to a runaway GH effect. That's the part of GW that is hotly debated and certainly not settled.

Good points. No need for alarm. 'Greenhouses' aren't anything to fear. They support and promote life. There will be no CO2 Global Warming apocalypse.

Bring on the warmth. I can handle it. I ain't afraid of no Global Warming Boogeyman. ;)

until what does that? Let's see some evidence of something you fear here.

You mean, you want evidence of what will happen in the future? You know that's impossible right?
well I'm not the one predicting any threatening anything. Why is it you can't back your claim? so where is your evidence I should fear? Can you show how powerful 20 PPM of CO2 is? Can you?

they say it is faith based

you just have to believe

Cult-like faith.

until what does that? Let's see some evidence of something you fear here.

You mean, you want evidence of what will happen in the future? You know that's impossible right?
well I'm not the one predicting any threatening anything. Why is it you can't back your claim? so where is your evidence I should fear? Can you show how powerful 20 PPM of CO2 is? Can you?

they say it is faith based

you just have to believe

Cult-like faith.
Jim Jones Cult-like faith. You know, ready to drink the kool-aid

I've already asked the Global Warming zealots to spell out what their plan is to stop Climate Change. Still haven't gotten anything coherent out of em. But i'm patient, i'll give em another shot.

BTW, I will die fighting for my money. I'm not going to die cause some lunatic says take a drink.

I have not liked the direction of the k00ks on the left at all and they've been promoting a lot of kool-aid.

I've already asked the Global Warming zealots to spell out what their plan is to stop Climate Change. Still haven't gotten anything coherent out of em. But i'm patient, i'll give em another shot.
nor I. The only comment has been to shut down all coal plants and eliminate humans.

Why?

We do probably impact the climate a bit. And if you know the cause -- it MIGHT be preventable. CO2 has a diminishing effect on the GreenHouse. For every degree in temperature you get from increases in temperature -- you need TWICE as much CO2 to get the next degree. And water vapor is by far the LARGEST GHouse gas contributor. The GW theory states that man-made emissions are just the "trigger" to a runaway GH effect. That's the part of GW that is hotly debated and certainly not settled.

Well, there are 7 billion people on the planet. Within a few decades this will rise.

China has about 1.3 billion people, and rising, quickly. The one child policy is rocking because of social issues, the Chinese are getting richer, they're using three times more oil now than 15 years ago and this is with half the country still in relative poverty. India has the potential to get richer, as do many other countries, and with this comes more consumption of fuel and more pollution.

We don't really understand what's happening with CO2. Some suggest that the sea is taking in a lot of this CO2 mitigating the impact, but then what happens if the sea suddenly can't take it any more and all this CO2 suddenly increases by four, five, six fold or more?

Yes, water vapor is the biggest greenhouse gas. But it's always been there. The Greenhouse effect exists for a reason and we've developed as a world within these parameters. But we're changing these parameters and we don't know what is going to happen. If something goes wrong, there is no turning back.

More AGW religious dogma..

But then again the magnetic field of the planet has more to with climate than the CO2 myth..

CO2 does not drove climate and it never has..

Please name the scientist or the study that claimed CO2 drives the climate.

It's IMPLIED by the statement "that man is (Solely, Largely, or Significantly) responsible for the observed 1deg rise in average global temperatures since about the Industrial revolution. Logic, reason and deduction are your friends when you live in a world of science..

nor I. The only comment has been to shut down all coal plants and eliminate humans.

Yeah, a massive One World Government over-taxing and seizing complete control of the People, isn't gonna stop Climate Change. Nothing's gonna stop the climate from changing. It's all about scaring people into supporting agendas. It's a very old tactic.

Human Beings have an inherent fear of their inevitable demise. It's programmed into their DNA. End-Times fear mongering works. It's very sad so many enjoy living in fear. But i guess it's part of the human condition. Whata ya gonna do, right?

Yeah, a massive One World Government over-taxing and seizing complete control of the People, isn't gonna stop Climate Change. Nothing's gonna stop the climate from changing. It's all about scaring people into supporting agendas. It's a very old tactic.

Human Beings have an inherent fear of their inevitable demise. It's programmed into their DNA. End-Times fear mongering works. It's very sad so many enjoy living in fear. But i guess it's part of the human condition. Whata ya gonna do, right?
what I can. Fight the good fight. For my grandchildren. They don't need to live in a world with crackpots who can't think for themselves. I'll explain it all to them as often as possible.

"A former climate modeller for the Government’s Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly.

He has fixed two errors and the new corrected model finds the climate’s sensitivity to carbon dioxide (CO2) is much lower than was thought.

It turns out the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has over-estimated future global warming by as much as 10 times, he says.

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

CO2 is not causing global warming.

Read more: Australian scientist discovers ERRORS in Global Warming models that COMPLETELY undermine climate theory!!! » The Right Scoop -
FLASHBACK: ABC's ’08 Prediction: NYC Under Water from Climate Change By June 2015

Why?

Well, there are 7 billion people on the planet. Within a few decades this will rise.

China has about 1.3 billion people, and rising, quickly. The one child policy is rocking because of social issues, the Chinese are getting richer, they're using three times more oil now than 15 years ago and this is with half the country still in relative poverty. India has the potential to get richer, as do many other countries, and with this comes more consumption of fuel and more pollution.

We don't really understand what's happening with CO2. Some suggest that the sea is taking in a lot of this CO2 mitigating the impact, but then what happens if the sea suddenly can't take it any more and all this CO2 suddenly increases by four, five, six fold or more?

Yes, water vapor is the biggest greenhouse gas. But it's always been there. The Greenhouse effect exists for a reason and we've developed as a world within these parameters. But we're changing these parameters and we don't know what is going to happen. If something goes wrong, there is no turning back.

More AGW religious dogma..

But then again the magnetic field of the planet has more to with climate than the CO2 myth..

CO2 does not drove climate and it never has..

Please name the scientist or the study that claimed CO2 drives the climate.

It's IMPLIED by the statement "that man is (Solely, Largely, or Significantly) responsible for the observed 1deg rise in average global temperatures since about the Industrial revolution. Logic, reason and deduction are your friends when you live in a world of science..

So it would be unreasonable to say that CO2 drives earths climate? Kosh is the one who claims that is what those who believe in AWG is saying.

"A former climate modeller for the Government’s Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly.

He has fixed two errors and the new corrected model finds the climate’s sensitivity to carbon dioxide (CO2) is much lower than was thought.

It turns out the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has over-estimated future global warming by as much as 10 times, he says.

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

CO2 is not causing global warming.

Read more: Australian scientist discovers ERRORS in Global Warming models that COMPLETELY undermine climate theory!!! » The Right Scoop -
FLASHBACK: ABC's ’08 Prediction: NYC Under Water from Climate Change By June 2015

Nice historical documents you have there.........Not.

Forum List

Back