Scientist discovers errors in global warming model

Too Funny..

As a scientist I would light a match to see what was there. I would use empirical evidence to determine what course of action to take. Climate Alarmists would just seal up the door even if it meant they would starve to death. they would believe it wasn't worth the risk without any evidence to support their belief. This is where climate science is today, they dont know yet they want to kill millions by doing something stupid.

We've already played this game with DDT, Fluorocarbons (the ozone hole that they have now confirmed is regulated by the solar magnetic waves hitting the earth), and other things that liberals banned outright without a shred of proof. How many millions died because of the DDT ban?

It is you folks who jump the shark every time..

So, you're making some claims.

You say you evidence to determine a course of action. What if you don't have all the evidence, then what?

You talk about DDT, Fluorocarbons, so make your case then. You haven't. You claim to be a scientist yet all you've done is make an unsupported statement.

I've already asked the Global Warming zealots to spell out what their plan is to stop Climate Change. Still haven't gotten anything coherent out of em. But i'm patient, i'll give em another shot.

I don't plan on stopping climate change. Climate change has always happened.

What I would say is that we need to get closer to our planet. We need more renewable sources of energy.

From every perspective it makes sense. We rely on oil. It's not infinite, it'll run out, or prices go up and down and we get controlled by other people.
From the point of view of this is our home, it's like living in a house which is dirty. Beijing, right now, has a PM2.5 level of 400. I've been in places where it was 800 for a week. It's disgusting, causes higher levels of cancer, respiratory problems. People who live in this type of pollution want to get out. They use machines (more pollution) to clear the air etc.

7 billion people on the planet. Half don't use much electricity at all. So we're producing all this pollution with about 3.5 billion people making this.
In 2000 the world population was estimated to be 6.06 billion. Now it's estimated to be 7.3 billion. In 15 years we've increased by 1.3 billion. Another 15 years and that'll be more than 1.3 billion.

World population estimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This estimates that it will be 8.3 billion in 1 years, but I think it'll be more than that.

300px-World-Population-1800-2100.svg.png

If we had say, 11 billion people using the electricity of an average American, the planet is screwed.

Wrong again...

Use your brain.. We could very easily accommodate that if we used all of our resources wisely. That includes nuclear which makes all of your green enviro wacko shit useless.

Fukushima, Chernobyl and all the others Nuclear and radiation accidents and incidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia see here.

Nuclear is clean but causes potential problems that go beyond bad.

I'm not necessarily opposed to nuclear, however it's not the solution to all our problems. Renewable energy is the only way forwards.

Proper placement, proper construction, Proper recycling of the waste (over 93% is recyclable in newer constructed plants), and basic smarts in the use were not present in those disasters. The latest generation plants have internal fail safes which scram the plants without the need for outside power to cool them. Its called redundancy.

Why do you fear science and leaps forward?

Why do I fear science? Could I not ask the same thing about climate change to you?

Why do I fear nuclear power stations that have gone wrong in the past? Er...... well... because they go wrong. Sure, better technology means safer power stations. But they're never going to be 100% safe all of the time. Things can go wrong with anything.

Then again the US spends so much time and effort STOPPING countries like Iran getting this technology, even when they have massive pollution problems........

OK, Im laughing...............

Don't the AGW k00ks consistently pronounce the "science is settled"???

The why are their collective heads exploding on this thread?:dunno::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Wow, I mean, wow. Talking science and you get what sounds like first grade science students........

Just because the increasing levels CO2 is the focus of scientist doesn't mean they believe it drives the climate, that's just stupid. They want to know what role it plays in the system but they don't actually know how the system works, hence the errors in their models predictions.

Lacis 2010 is a prime reason to believe they do. Real Climate and other warmer scientist blogs went out of their way to support it.

Atmospheric CO2: Principal Control Knob
Governing Earth’s Temperature
Andrew A. Lacis,* Gavin A. Schmidt, David Rind, Reto A. Ruedy
Ample physical evidence shows that carbon dioxide (CO2) is the single most important
climate-relevant greenhouse gas in Earth’s atmosphere. This is because CO2, like ozone, N2O, CH4,
and chlorofluorocarbons, does not condense and precipitate from the atmosphere at current
climate temperatures, whereas water vapor can and does. Noncondensing greenhouse gases,
which account for 25% of the total terrestrial greenhouse effect, thus serve to provide the stable
temperature structure that sustains the current levels of atmospheric water vapor and clouds via
feedback processes that account for the remaining 75% of the greenhouse effect. Without the
radiative forcing supplied by CO2 and the other noncondensing greenhouse gases, the terrestrial
greenhouse would collapse, plunging the global climate into an icebound Earth state.

straight from the NASA boys in the journal Science. I would say it is pretty obvious that they do indeed think CO2 drives the climate.

I had forgotten about that. The empirical evidence shows most (if not all) of their assumptions false. Now alarmist choose to ignore this information and the fact that it has been discredited rather than change their religious dogma.

Kind of reminds me of a scene from Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail... Bring out the holy hand gernade...

I've already asked the Global Warming zealots to spell out what their plan is to stop Climate Change. Still haven't gotten anything coherent out of em. But i'm patient, i'll give em another shot.

What I would say is that we need to get closer to our planet. We need more renewable sources of energy.

From every perspective it makes sense. We rely on oil. It's not infinite, it'll run out, or prices go up and down and we get controlled by other people.
From the point of view of this is our home, it's like living in a house which is dirty. Beijing, right now, has a PM2.5 level of 400. I've been in places where it was 800 for a week. It's disgusting, causes higher levels of cancer, respiratory problems. People who live in this type of pollution want to get out. They use machines (more pollution) to clear the air etc.

7 billion people on the planet. Half don't use much electricity at all. So we're producing all this pollution with about 3.5 billion people making this.
In 2000 the world population was estimated to be 6.06 billion. Now it's estimated to be 7.3 billion. In 15 years we've increased by 1.3 billion. Another 15 years and that'll be more than 1.3 billion.

This estimates that it will be 8.3 billion in 1 years, but I think it'll be more than that.

If we had say, 11 billion people using the electricity of an average American, the planet is screwed.

Wrong again...

Use your brain.. We could very easily accommodate that if we used all of our resources wisely. That includes nuclear which makes all of your green enviro wacko shit useless.

Fukushima, Chernobyl and all the others Nuclear and radiation accidents and incidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia see here.

I'm not necessarily opposed to nuclear, however it's not the solution to all our problems. Renewable energy is the only way forwards.

Proper placement, proper construction, Proper recycling of the waste (over 93% is recyclable in newer constructed plants), and basic smarts in the use were not present in those disasters. The latest generation plants have internal fail safes which scram the plants without the need for outside power to cool them. Its called redundancy.

Why do I fear science? Could I not ask the same thing about climate change to you?

Why do I fear nuclear power stations that have gone wrong in the past? Er...... well... because they go wrong. Sure, better technology means safer power stations. But they're never going to be 100% safe all of the time. Things can go wrong with anything.

Then again the US spends so much time and effort STOPPING countries like Iran getting this technology, even when they have massive pollution problems........

Talk about paranoid...

You do realize that nuclear power stations are far safer than air travel, walking, or falling off your chair and dieing..

Wrong again...

When a countries sole claim to fame is killing everyone else (INFIDELS) there is good reason to keep nuclear tech from them. Islam is NOT, I REPEAT NOT a religion of peace, the main religious tenant is conquer by force or kill your enemy. But that is for another thread.

I am going to laugh my ass off when liberals like yourself see gays and women taken to the street and beheaded or stoned to death because they embraced Sharia law which is Islams ONLY recognized government. These idiots are throwing away the US Constitution for mid-evil king/serf relationships where they live and die at the kings bidding.

Last edited:

Wrong again...

Climate Science as it stands today is ideology and not science. Let me know when they give up the math, data, and methods for multidisciplinary review and theroy falsification.

Here is something fro the AW cut to read:

How a liberal vegan environmentalist made the switch from climate proponent to climate skeptic

My name is David Siegel. I’m not a climate expert; I’m a writer. Early in 2015, I became interested in climate science and decided to spend the better part of this year trying to learn what I could. It didn’t take long before it was clear that there isn’t likely going to be any catastrophic warming this century. What was clear is that skeptics are losing this battle, and I want to tell you why.

For thirty years, James Hansen and Al Gore have been building their PR machine along with David Fenton, the wizard of nonprofit PR. They understand that the messenger is more important than the message. People don’t easily change their minds. People get their opinions from “experts” and brand names like NASA, MIT, Harvard, TIME, The Daily Show, etc. Fenton knows the game is about credibility and repetition, not science. As long as we are trying to convince people with the facts, we will lose.

So I did my homework and wrote a 9,000-word essay aimed at liberals who have a voice, who have access to media, and who might take 30 minutes to educate themselves.

I submitted my piece to every liberal publication, from the LA Times to the Atlantic Monthly to National Geographic to Huffington Post and many more. They all turned it down. Now I’m launching it myself and hope you will read it and help spread the word.

I ask you to help get the word out through social media, links, and the press, to the liberal audience I’m going after. Links really help. If you can help reach Bill Gates, Jeff Skoll, Jon Stewart, George Clooney, and other influential liberals, I hope to help them understand that the science is not settled. I think this is the best way to tip the scales back to reasonable, impactful environmentalism. If you can help move it on Reddit, Voat, Quora, NewsVine, etc., I would appreciate that.

I’m going to ask people to leave comments here, rather than on my page, because I can’t manage the comment spam there. I will, however, read the comments here and will respond if I can.

My work is aimed at your liberal friends; please send them to read it.

Excerpt:

What is your position on the climate-change debate? What would it take to change your mind?

If the answer is It would take a ton of evidence to change my mind, because my understanding is that the science is settled, and we need to get going on this important issue, that’s what I thought, too. This is my story.

More than thirty years ago, I became vegan because I believed it was healthier (it’s not), and I’ve stayed vegan because I believe it’s better for the environment (it is). I haven’t owned a car in ten years. I love animals; I’ll gladly fly halfway around the world to take photos of them in their natural habitats. I’m a Democrat: I think governments play a key role in preserving our environment for the future in the most cost-effective way possible.Over the years, I built a set of assumptions: that Al Gore was right about global warming, that he was the David going up against the industrial Goliath. In 1993, I even wrote a book about it.

Recently, a friend challenged those assumptions. At first, I was annoyed, because I thought the science really was settled. As I started to look at the data and read about climate science, I was surprised, then shocked. As I learned more, I changed my mind. I now think there probably is no climate crisis and that the focus on CO2 takes funding and attention from critical environmental problems. I’ll start by making ten short statements that should challenge your assumptions and then back them up with an essay.

1 Weather is not climate. There are no studies showing a conclusive link between global warming and increased frequency or intensity of storms, droughts, floods, cold or heat waves.

2 Natural variation in weather and climate is tremendous. Most of what people call “global warming” is natural.

3 There is tremendous uncertainty as to how the climate really works. Climate models are not yet skillful; predictions are unresolved.

4 New research shows that fluctuations in energy from the sun correlate very strongly with changes in earth’s temperature, at both long and short time scales.

5 CO2 has very little to do with it. All the decarbonization we can do isn’t going to change the climate much.

6 There is no such thing as “carbon pollution.” Carbon dioxide is coming out of your nose right now; it is not a poisonous gas. CO2 concentrations in previous eras have been many times higher than they are today.

7 Sea level will probably continue to rise, naturally and slowly. Researchers have found no link between CO2 and sea level.

8 The Arctic experiences natural variation as well, with some years warmer earlier than others. Polar bear numbers are up, not down. They have more to do with hunting permits than CO2*.

9 No one has shown any damage to reef or marine systems. Additional man-made CO2 will not likely harm oceans, reef systems, or marine life. Fish are mostly threatened by people who eat them.

10 The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and others are pursuing a political agenda and a PR campaign, not scientific inquiry. There’s a tremendous amount of trickery going on under the surface*.

Could this possibly be right? Is it heresy, or critical thinking — or both? If I’ve upset or confused you, let me guide you through my journey

You’ll find it at: www.climatecurious.com.

Wrong again...

Talk about paranoid...

You do realize that nuclear power stations are far safer than air travel, walking, or falling off your chair and dieing..

Define "safe", nuclear power stations cause less deaths than other things, depending on where and how you get your uranium. However, if there is a disaster, then the disaster could be far, far worse than any of these other things.

Paranoid? I remember Chernobyl, I remember Fukushima, I remember quite a few of these. In Japan would you expect these problems with people having to leave their homes because their area is radiated?

Wrong again...

When a countries sole claim to fame is killing everyone else (INFIDELS) there is good reason to keep nuclear tech from them. Islam is NOT, I REPEAT NOT a religion of peace, the main religious tenant is conquer by force or kill your enemy. But that is for another thread.

I am going to laugh my ass off when liberals like yourself see gays and women taken to the street and beheaded or stoned to death because they embraced Sharia law which is Islams ONLY recognized government. These idiots are throwing away the US Constitution for mid-evil king/serf relationships where they live and die at the kings bidding.

The US's main claim to fame is killing everyone too (people sitting on top of oil usually).

Only one country has dropped a nuclear bomb on top of civilians. That's the US.

Islam isn't a religion of peace, and the US isn't a country of peace......

Wrong again...

Climate Science as it stands today is ideology and not science. Let me know when they give up the math, data, and methods for multidisciplinary review and theroy falsification.

And climate denial is what? Sticking your head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening?

You know, I looked into the whole thing, and I'm pretty convinced something bad is going to happen.

Wrong again...

Talk about paranoid...

Silly ass. Try buying private insurance for a nuclear power station. You can buy that for air travel, walking, or falling off your chair and dying. But you cannot buy private insurance for a nuclear power plant. Care to guess what the reason is for that?

There is no scientific evidence supporting the belief a warmer climate will spell the end of humanity. All evidence available supports the opposite. Talk to me when you guys start pushing your 'Global Cooling' scam. The planet getting colder could be somewhat of a concern.

There is no scientific evidence. Does this mean it won't happen?

The evidence points to change in climate leads to extinction of different species. Perhaps humans could survive.

Plenty of possibilities. You just ignore each one of them and then sit back happy that you think you've won. The reality is that we don't know what will happen. Some people go into the unknown carefully because of potential problems, others jump in. Who's more likely to die?

Climate Change happens. It's always gonna happen. It's gonna happen no matter how much Government taxes you and takes control of your life. There's no need to panic and live in fear of Climate Change. The 'Global Warming Boogeyman ain't gonna get ya.

Pollution and 'Global Warming' are separate issues. We're talking about Climate Change. You guys are the ones doing all the fear mongering over it. So it's on you to tell us how you're gonna stop Climate Change. I'm a fair-minded person, i'll listen.

No not really. Most believe we have just started the interglacial period which will last for thousands of years.

Adapt or die.

Check your smart-watch. This interglacial is already longer than 2 of the previous three.. Time's a'wasting.
Good news is -- spewing A LOT of CO2 might just help a few people in the higher latitudes survive the next glacial period..

Animal and plant life have always thrived during times of high CO2 levels and warm climates. Lush tropical climates are perfect for life. It's only when climates turn cold & dry, that life struggles to survive. 'Global Warming' will not spell the end of humanity. In fact, humanity will likely thrive.

Actually if you look at say, the great empires, what we see is a decline when things get too hot.

The Egyptians were followed by the Greeks and then the Romans. As things changed so too did the areas able to sustain great empires.

Are equatorial countries at the top of the GDP pile? No, in fact it is mostly countries in milder climates, Europe, China, Japan, North America, etc.

More CO2 will cause more moisture. So it wouldn't be an extreme dry desert heat. It would more likely be a lush tropical heat. The climate record proves that. So your CO2 Boogeyman isn't quite the Boogeyman you guys make it out to be. The historical climate record shows that animal and plant life thrive in those climates.

Some believe the earth getting colder may have actually contributed to humans experiencing the Dark Ages. They may have experienced a 'Mini-Ice Age. So if you are inclined to live in fear over climate change, the planet getting colder should be more of a concern.

So... we go to a more tropical situation. How many countries in a wet tropical climate do well? Central Africa? No, not really. Brazil is doing okay, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar?

Some do okay.

The thing is that life can thrive in such conditions. I'm not saying they can't. Dinosaurs seemed to do well. But then they died out. Humans thrive in places between the cold and the hot jungle. If the whole world suddenly changes then for humanity things will change.

In the heat we use a lot of air conditioning. The hotter it gets, the more electricity we'll use, the more pollution we'll pump out and things will just keep getting worse.

Potentially things getting colder will be bad for humanity too. However this is natural. We know, more or less, the impact this will have on the world, we know it will change and go back.

The point I've made quite a few times is with change that isn't controllable, that isn't natural, that could do something that we can't predict, can't deal with.

More CO2 will not spell the end of humanity. Might get a little warmer and wetter, but humanity will survive. All the hysterical fear mongering is totally unnecessary.

There is no scientific evidence supporting the belief a warmer climate will spell the end of humanity. All evidence available supports the opposite. Talk to me when you guys start pushing your 'Global Cooling' scam. The planet getting colder could be somewhat of a concern.

The evidence points to change in climate leads to extinction of different species. Perhaps humans could survive.

Plenty of possibilities. You just ignore each one of them and then sit back happy that you think you've won. The reality is that we don't know what will happen. Some people go into the unknown carefully because of potential problems, others jump in. Who's more likely to die?

NOW YOUR GOING FOR THE FEEL GOOD MANTRA..

You left wing zealots are very predictable. You would rather cause wide spread death and destruction now when we have no empirical evidence that what we are doing will cause any problems whatsoever.

Your cure for a nonexistent problem is like taking chemotherapy for a cold. Just so you can feel good.

That the problem with you left wits, you dont use logic and think things through..

Spot On. A massive World Government takeover isn't the answer. Climate Change is gonna happen no matter how much you tax and control the People.

NOW YOUR GOING FOR THE FEEL GOOD MANTRA..

You left wing zealots are very predictable. You would rather cause wide spread death and destruction now when we have no empirical evidence that what we are doing will cause any problems whatsoever.

Your cure for a nonexistent problem is like taking chemotherapy for a cold. Just so you can feel good.

That the problem with you left wits, you dont use logic and think things through..

Er..... no, not at all. But hey, you just go on the attack.

If you were to walk into a dark room and someone said, well, there could be a giant hole in the middle, or a watch worth $1 million, what would do? Just run in and take the watch?

Too Funny..

As a scientist I would light a match to see what was there. I would use empirical evidence to determine what course of action to take. Climate Alarmists would just seal up the door even if it meant they would starve to death. they would believe it wasn't worth the risk without any evidence to support their belief. This is where climate science is today, they dont know yet they want to kill millions by doing something stupid.

We've already played this game with DDT, Fluorocarbons (the ozone hole that they have now confirmed is regulated by the solar magnetic waves hitting the earth), and other things that liberals banned outright without a shred of proof. How many millions died because of the DDT ban?

It is you folks who jump the shark every time..

It's an agenda being advanced by World Government Globalists. Fear is the most valuable tool used to push agendas. Humans fear the end. It's programmed into their DNA. If you scare em enough, they'll likely go along with anything or anyone claiming to be their 'Savior.'

It's an agenda being advanced by World Government Globalists.

No, there's no VastSecretGlobalSocialistConspiracy. You're just a loony. And a boring one. After you've seen one right-wing-extremist-crank political cultist, you've seen them all.

Speaking of cults, how's your DearLeaderPaul doing in the primaries? It must be rough for you, seeing your cult messiah getting rejected like that even by the other crank conservatives. No wonder you're lashing out in such incoherent rage.

And speaking of cranks, Dave Evans, author of the crank article referenced in the OP, has finally stopped referring to himself as a "rocket scientist" on his web page and resume. It looks like the public shaming finally convinced him to stop lying.

Climate Change happens. It's always gonna happen. It's gonna happen no matter how much Government taxes you and takes control of your life. There's no need to panic and live in fear of Climate Change. The 'Global Warming Boogeyman ain't gonna get ya.

I'm not talking climate change. I'm talking man made climate change.

With climate change you know, more or less, what you're getting. We should, in theory, be going through a cooling period. We can deal with this, we've developed enough to be able to cope with this for the most part even if it gets quite cold in a lot of places.

With man made climate change we don't know what we're getting. We don't know the impact what we're putting into the atmosphere will have.

The old line's coming out that "well it was hot before with loads of CO2 and life did well", but life isn't necessarily human life. Also there are other potential things that could happen that we don't know about. And if it goes tits over arse, we're not going to be able to pull back and stop it from happening.

Wrong again...

The US's main claim to fame is killing everyone too (people sitting on top of oil usually).

Only one country has dropped a nuclear bomb on top of civilians. That's the US.

Islam isn't a religion of peace, and the US isn't a country of peace......

The left wit morons claims... what a pant load of crap.. you really do live in fantasy land..

Forum List

Back