Scientist: Do We Really Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And still no experiment from the no science group of warmer goofs.
Are you blind as well as retarded, JustCrazy?

Did your denier cult blinders keep you from seeing post #164, moron???
dude, for the umpteenth time, all that states is absorb not emit. wow, post up the temperature changes they captured during the test, when it was clean air and then after CO2 was added. Post up that excerpt from that data in 164.
OK, little retard....here's the first one out of the many experiments cited in post #164.

First Direct Observation of Carbon Dioxide’s Increasing Greenhouse Effect at the Earth’s Surface
Berkeley Lab researchers link rising CO2 levels from fossil fuels to an upward trend in radiative forcing at two locations.
(excerpts)
Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide’s greenhouse effect at the Earth’s surface for the first time.
The results agree with theoretical predictions of the greenhouse effect due to human activity. The research also provides further confirmation that the calculations used in today’s climate models are on track when it comes to representing the impact of CO2. The scientists measured atmospheric carbon dioxide’s contribution to radiative forcing at two sites, one in Oklahoma and one on the North Slope of Alaska, from 2000 to the end of 2010. Radiative forcing is a measure of how much the planet’s energy balance is perturbed by atmospheric changes. Positive radiative forcing occurs when the Earth absorbs more energy from solar radiation than it emits as thermal radiation back to space. It can be measured at the Earth’s surface or high in the atmosphere. In this research, the scientists focused on the surface.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska,
measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade. The measurements also enabled the scientists to detect, for the first time, the influence of photosynthesis on the balance of energy at the surface. They found that CO2-attributed radiative forcing dipped in the spring as flourishing photosynthetic activity pulled more of the greenhouse gas from the air.
so ask yourself this, if absorb = emission, then this statement can't be true;

However, you flaming retard, "absorb" DOES NOT EQUAL "emission", so everything else in your post is total bullshit.

"Positive radiative forcing occurs when the Earth absorbs more energy from solar radiation than it emits as thermal radiation back to space. It can be measured at the Earth’s surface or high in the atmosphere. In this research, the scientists focused on the surface"
That quote from the article I posted is quite correct.....you are just too stupid to understand it.

The earth is always emitting to space especially at nightime. If your supposed back radiation is received on earth, this statement doesn't assert that, it states incoming solar radiation, not back radiation. So what is it they actually measured? I call bullshit.
Soooo stupid! The article DOES IN FACT ASSERT that "back radiation is received on Earth" and that it is not solar radiation. You are full of your own bullshit.

...measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.

dude, for the umpteenth time, all that states is absorb not emit. wow, post up the temperature changes they captured during the test, when it was clean air and then after CO2 was added. Post up that excerpt from that data in 164.
OK, little retard....here's the first one out of the many experiments cited in post #164.

First Direct Observation of Carbon Dioxide’s Increasing Greenhouse Effect at the Earth’s Surface
Berkeley Lab researchers link rising CO2 levels from fossil fuels to an upward trend in radiative forcing at two locations.
(excerpts)
Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide’s greenhouse effect at the Earth’s surface for the first time.
The results agree with theoretical predictions of the greenhouse effect due to human activity. The research also provides further confirmation that the calculations used in today’s climate models are on track when it comes to representing the impact of CO2. The scientists measured atmospheric carbon dioxide’s contribution to radiative forcing at two sites, one in Oklahoma and one on the North Slope of Alaska, from 2000 to the end of 2010. Radiative forcing is a measure of how much the planet’s energy balance is perturbed by atmospheric changes. Positive radiative forcing occurs when the Earth absorbs more energy from solar radiation than it emits as thermal radiation back to space. It can be measured at the Earth’s surface or high in the atmosphere. In this research, the scientists focused on the surface.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska,
measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade. The measurements also enabled the scientists to detect, for the first time, the influence of photosynthesis on the balance of energy at the surface. They found that CO2-attributed radiative forcing dipped in the spring as flourishing photosynthetic activity pulled more of the greenhouse gas from the air.

However, you flaming retard, "absorb" DOES NOT EQUAL "emission", so everything else in your post is total bullshit.

"Positive radiative forcing occurs when the Earth absorbs more energy from solar radiation than it emits as thermal radiation back to space. It can be measured at the Earth’s surface or high in the atmosphere. In this research, the scientists focused on the surface"
That quote from the article I posted is quite correct.....you are just too stupid to understand it.

The earth is always emitting to space especially at nightime. If your supposed back radiation is received on earth, this statement doesn't assert that, it states incoming solar radiation, not back radiation. So what is it they actually measured? I call bullshit.
Soooo stupid! The article DOES IN FACT ASSERT that "back radiation is received on Earth" and that it is not solar radiation. You are full of your own bullshit.

...measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.
no, no it doesn't it states incoming solar, period!!!!! Dude, I posted the comment. It's what is there, I'm only telling you so you see it. it says nothing about back radiation.

(excerpts)

no, no it doesn't it states incoming solar, period!!!!! Dude, I posted the comment. It's what is there, I'm only telling you so you see it. it says nothing about back radiation.
Even more stupidity from the troll JustCrazy!

Solar radiation heats the Earth....the Earth emits infrared radiation....greenhouse gases in the atmosphere absorb some of the infrared radiation and re-emit it in all directions, including back down through the atmosphere to the surface, increasing the heat on the surface and in the atmosphere.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska, measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.

Crap even John Tyndall proved that in the 1800s. I think it was 1861 if i'm not mistaken.

all that states is absorb not emit.

Derp!
see, you don't have any evidence. i love it.

I have no evidence of your moronic claims.

And neither do you. Liar.
you have nothing for your lie either.

So you failed.

All I have is the science, all you have are the lies about CO2 and radiation.

Crap even John Tyndall proved that in the 1800s. I think it was 1861 if i'm not mistaken.

Derp!

So you failed.

and you have nothing since you can't post up experimental evidence. Even the link thunder put up stated that mere fact. hmmmmmmm. Although, I'm still researching his, I find it funny their choice of warming incoming solar, not back radiation. hmmmmmmm again.

Derp!

So you failed.

and you have nothing since you can't post up experimental evidence. Even the link thunder put up stated that mere fact. hmmmmmmm. Although, I'm still researching his, I find it funny their choice of warming incoming solar, not back radiation. hmmmmmmm again.

Albert Einstein: "... Even in thermal equilibrium, transitions associated with the absorption and emission of photons are occurring continuously... "

You have SSDD, smart photons and magic CO2 that never emits. Derp!

So you failed.

Albert Einstein: "... Even in thermal equilibrium, transitions associated with the absorption and emission of photons are occurring continuously... "

and still nothing from todd, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip!

(excerpts)

Solar radiation heats the Earth....the Earth emits infrared radiation....greenhouse gases in the atmosphere absorb some of the infrared radiation and re-emit it in all directions, including back down through the atmosphere to the surface, increasing the heat on the surface and in the atmosphere.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska, measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.
thunder, you should go to this thread, it was a year ago when that report came out. I don't think it actually proves what you want.
Forums > US Discussion > Environment >
i.gif

First direct observation of carbon dioxide's greenhouse effect at Earth's surface
so still nothing.

jc, this is not the first time you've been shown DIRECT FUCKING MEASUREMENTS of emissions from CO2 in the atmosphere. Above you state

"no, no it doesn't it states incoming solar, period!".

Yet the article stated "

They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.

You're developing a real disconnect with reality.

So you failed.

and still nothing from todd, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip!

Liar.

(excerpts)

thunder, you should go to this thread, it was a year ago when that report came out. I don't think it actually proves what you want.

I don't think you know your ass from a hole in the ground, JustCrazy!

The report shows exactly what I said it does, no matter what nonsense got posted by denier cult dingbats like you on some thread on this two-bit forum, you moronic weasel.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska, measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade. The measurements also enabled the scientists to detect, for the first time, the influence of photosynthesis on the balance of energy at the surface. They found that CO2-attributed radiative forcing dipped in the spring as flourishing photosynthetic activity pulled more of the greenhouse gas from the air.

(excerpts)

The report shows exactly what I said it does, no matter what nonsense got posted by denier cult dingbats like you on some thread on this two-bit forum, you moronic weasel.

The scientists used incredibly precise spectroscopic instruments operated by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Climate Research Facility, a DOE Office of Science User Facility. These instruments, located at ARM research sites in Oklahoma and Alaska, measure thermal infrared energy that travels down through the atmosphere to the surface. They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2 emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade. The measurements also enabled the scientists to detect, for the first time, the influence of photosynthesis on the balance of energy at the surface. They found that CO2-attributed radiative forcing dipped in the spring as flourishing photosynthetic activity pulled more of the greenhouse gas from the air.
It seems it is you that doesn't know asses from hats. I gave you the thread that already discussed your stupid link. It was beat up really bad. So therefore, the importance of it is taken away. Your link shows us nothing. No data sets were provided so again, it seems your science likes to hide its work. Why is that? It only leaves the impression that the story may not be accurate, especially since it took five years to release the finding. Why only two cities out of a globe full of opportunities? Dude, admit it, your link is useless.

(excerpts)

It seems it is you that doesn't know asses from hats. I gave you the thread that already discussed your stupid link. It was beat up really bad. So therefore, the importance of it is taken away. Your link shows us nothing. No data sets were provided so again, it seems your science likes to hide its work. Why is that? It only leaves the impression that the story may not be accurate, especially since it took five years to release the finding. Why only two cities out of a globe full of opportunities? Dude, admit it, your link is useless.

And still more of JustCrazy's delusional, meaningless twaddle!

Scientific issues are settled by scientists publishing their research in peer-reviewed science journals.....not by denier cult retards posting bullshit on some two-bit political Internet forum. Where, BTW, you denier nutjobs got your ass kicked by the facts....like always.

It is a very strange thing to watch people like jc and LaDexter, who, by the evidence of their posts, never even had science classes in high school, lecture those of us that have had the necessary 200 level classes in biology, chemistry, physics, and even geology, on how science works. It would be a matter of hilarity were not for the fact that these ignoramouses actually have a vote concerning the level of people that lead our government.

Well, OldRocks, how about answering one question for us...

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other, the Arctic???

jc, this is not the first time you've been shown DIRECT FUCKING MEASUREMENTS of emissions from CO2 in the atmosphere. Above you state

"no, no it doesn't it states incoming solar, period!".

Yet the article stated "

They can detect the unique spectral signature of infrared energy from CO2. Both series showed the same trend: atmospheric CO2emitted an increasing amount of infrared energy, to the tune of 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade.

You're developing a real disconnect with reality.

And that's just it - INFRARED. CO2 has a thing about INFRARED, but not the entire spectrum. UV and the rest, CO2 doesn't do jack. Co2 would be a "greenhouse gas" if the Sun only pumped out infrared. The Sun doesn't do that, which is why the highly correlated satellites and balloon raw data shows precisely NO WARMING in the atmosphere despite rising CO2, and the British Court found NO CORRELATION between CO2 and temps in the ice cores...

All the matter in the universe emits thermal radiation constantly . ALL of it. The higher the temperature of a piece of matter, the greater the energy content of its emissions.

I have to tell you that suggesting that CO2 absorbs energy but doesn't emit it or suggesting that CO2 molecules get warm and then leave the planet are perfectly on par with SSDD's smart photons. Find someone you know and trust that has some actual science education. It wouldn't take much. High school physics would be plenty. Ask them what they think of ANY of the above ideas. LISTEN to them.

That's not what I posted. I posted that CO2 absorbs INFRARED disproportionately, not the entire spectrum. That's why it isn't warming anything now, because sunlight is not 100% infrared, it is the whole spectrum, and infrared is far from the most energetic part of the spectrum. CO2 has no special ability to absorb UV.

JC, can you show us evidence of any movement of mainstream science towards a rejection of the greenhouse effect?

The above is Crick once again dodging the question

WHY does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back