Scotland national team refuse to take the BLM knee at the Euros

This is the problem for me when it's went on too long like this has.

When it stops getting done the maniacs can shout that no-one's taking racism seriously anymore because they've stopped taking this knee.

Players and teams then get blasted for not doing it.

"Blasted" - what gives anyone the right to blast anyone? why are people being compelled and forced to do anything? that's wrong. It's fascism. Genuine fascism dressed up as virtue and is along the same lines of the folk saying "it's not enough to just not be racist anymore - we demand more"
I agree. Fascism is leftist group think.

Breaking news.

I don’t support the Scottish football team for various reasons I can go into anytime anyone wants however they’ve went right up in my estimation with that.

Deciding to stand instead to make their point. It’s not often I’m proud to be Scottish but this is one of the times.
And what point were they making? By standing as usual, that makes a particular point? That they don't care how many unarmed blacks are shot down in the USA by cops? I fail to find anything admirable in that. Just more racist reactionism. We don't need Scots to demonstrate that attitude, it's rampant among the GOP here!
STFU Newbie

Breaking news.

I don’t support the Scottish football team for various reasons I can go into anytime anyone wants however they’ve went right up in my estimation with that.

Deciding to stand instead to make their point. It’s not often I’m proud to be Scottish but this is one of the times.
You sound like Michelle Obama. The first time that bitch felt she had reason to be proud to be an American was when her husband won the nomination for POTUS.

"It's not often I'm proud to be a Scot?"
I'm always proud to be an American.
I'm also proud to be part of the Keith Clan from way back in the days of Robert The Bruce.
The downfall of any country is when their people have nothing to be proud of.
If a country's own people don't love it...then that country is history.
You have reason to be proud of Scotland. Trust me.

Kevin Bridges is unfunny. Really unfunny.

It's Billy Connelly you want.

He's good too.

Kneeling is a sign of submission. Not kneeling is no sign at all.
To what are these kneelers submitting?

I liked it when the players wore t-shirts and had displays for the organisations Show Racism The Red Card & Kick It Out - both of them legitimate anti-racism campaigns.

They were ALWAYS well supported - players/clubs participated and no fans (to my knowledge but I'm 100% sure I'm correct) ever booed.

That's why people aren't stupid and don't buy into players taking this knee as it doesn't stand for equality like the organisations I mentioned already did.

The displays from them organisations weren't aggressive, in your face and every single week. It was a few times per year to send out a message and everyone was on board with it.

The message was simple - football is for everyone regardless of background, race, religion, age etc. Which is correct.

The BLM kneeling message is very very different despite what some folk try and claim. They have even resorted to lying, trying to say it's not for BLM and it's for equality. Bullshit straw clutching. Some of the players themselves have even let slip that it's for BLM.

I've not seen Scottish players do this, but I've seen black players raise their fist in the air too like a black power salute whilst kneeling - that adds a new dimension to it that it's about more than basic equality like they try and claim.

To no what. That is just a popular trend.
Good that they are taking a knee against England. Our resident jock loon will choke on his fried mars bar.
That's racist what you just said. You used a hate term and then stereotyped.

But you're wrong. I said a few comments ago that the very fact they weren't kneeling yesterday, going to kneel in solidarity with England after being pressured and then not kneel in their next game proves what a meaningless, empty gesture it now is. I'm glad it's happening this way because it shows it up for the farce that it is.

I also suspect you're a peadophile who needs a hard-drive check as a matter of urgency.

Good that they are taking a knee against England. Our resident jock loon will choke on his fried mars bar.

But you're wrong. I said a few comments ago that the very fact they weren't kneeling yesterday, going to kneel in solidarity with England after being pressured and then not kneel in their next game proves what a meaningless, empty gesture it now is. I'm glad it's happening this way because it shows it up for the farce that it is.

I also suspect you're a peadophile who needs a hard-drive check as a matter of urgency.
Listen Jocky, my country takes the knee , what you inbreds do is just entertainment. How did they get on anyway ?

Listen Jocky, my country takes the knee , what you inbreds do is just entertainment. How did they get on anyway ?
They got beat. Loved it. Hate the Scottish national team with a passion.

Hope England beat them 5-0 to be honest.

Your country, just like you, is goofy.

Hope England beat them 5-0 to be honest
Why is that?
My team is Rangers.

The footballing authorities and other clubs in the country relegated them to the bottom tier of the game for being the victims of a fraudulent takeover. The guy involved with the takeover withheld tax basically sinking the company in administration and making us go bust and that was our punishment by the Scottish football collective.

The footballing sport media in this country is 100% anti-Rangers (and their support).

The Government in this country is 100% anti-Rangers (and their support).

The people who attend the Scotland games known as the Tartan Army are cretins in kilts that boo any Rangers player representing the nation.

The Tartan Army in the lead up to the Scottish independence referendum were all at the games with YES signage (trying to support separation).

The SFA (the footballing body) had Rangers play 4 games in 7/8 days when they got to a major European Cup Final, refused to extend the season to give them a break and a chance to win the cup.

They pull our players up for retrospective red cards after games whilst rarely doing it to any of our rivals.

The football authorities last summer awarded Celtic a title they never won when Rangers could have still won the league.

The Governing body also helped get a Rangers player sentenced to 3-months in jail for an incident on the park that didn't even merit a red card.

There's a strong anti-English sentiment throughout the Scottish national football team and the game in general - which I don't like.

I don't want to support a team with Celtic players in it and a Celtic-supporting manager - even if they are playing for the country.

For me (and a lot of other Rangers fans) will refuse to support the Scotland team at football because it represents all of the above for us. Like a manifestation that comes out in the shape of the Scottish national team in a football context like that.

There might be some folk that will argue against all of that. That's up to them - but that's the way a lot of us see it.

I support Scotland at other things like the rugby or if Andy Murray is playing Tennis at Wimbledon I want him to win.

Just in a football context there's too much bad blood and water under the bridge for me from how my team get's treated in this shithole of a country.

Why is that?
He is a unionist slag and real Scottish people want independence.
Scotland must be filled with synthetic, fake, optical illusions posing as citizens then - since the referendum had people that said no to indi at 55.2%

Facts don't lie. Figures don't lie.

Facts and figures trump your emotions nonce.

Why is that?
My team is Rangers.

The footballing authorities and other clubs in the country relegated them to the bottom tier of the game for being the victims of a fraudulent takeover. The guy involved with the takeover withheld tax basically sinking the company in administration and making us go bust and that was our punishment by the Scottish football collective.

The footballing sport media in this country is 100% anti-Rangers (and their support).

The people who attend the Scotland games known as the Tartan Army are cretins in kilts that boo any Rangers player representing the nation.

The Tartan Army in the lead up to the Scottish independence referendum were all at the games with YES signage (trying to support separation).

The SFA (the footballing body) had Rangers play 4 games in 7/8 days when they got to a major European Cup Final, refused to extend the season to give them a break and a chance to win the cup.

They pull our players up for retrospective red cards after games whilst rarely doing it to any of our rivals.

The football authorities last summer awarded Celtic a title they never won when Rangers could have still won the league.

The Governing body also helped get a Rangers player sentenced to 3-months in jail for an incident on the park that didn't even merit a red card.

There's a strong anti-English sentiment throughout the Scottish national football team and the game in general - which I don't like.

I don't want to support a team with Celtic players in it and a Celtic-supporting manager - even if they are playing for the country.

For me (and a lot of other Rangers fans) will refuse to support the Scotland team at football because it represents all of the above for us. Like a manifestation that comes out in the shape of the Scottish national team in a football context like that.

There might be some folk that will argue against all of that. That's up to them - but that's the way a lot of us see it.

I support Scotland at other things like the rugby or if Andy Murray is playing Tennis at Wimbledon I want him to win.

Just in a football context there's too much bad blood and water under the bridge for me from how my team get's treated in this shithole of a country.
And why are the Rangers treated in this way? They support the Union or something like that?

Why is that?
My team is Rangers.

And why are the Rangers treated in this way? They support the Union or something like that?
I think it's partly to do with it, yeah.

The other part is jealousy as they are Scotland's most successful club and biggest club.

People from the outside looking in don't appreciate how hateful a country Scotland actually is.

It's unique in the sense that both communities Protestants/Catholics and Unionists/Scottish Nationalists both feel a similar sense of injustice and anger and think they are hated and the other one treated preferentially. IMO the prejudices towards my side are factual and there for all to see, prejudices towards the other side is a myth (a bit like so-called systemic racism in USA - it's an industry, something that needs to keep momentum to keep people significant and in jobs etc).

Why is that?
My team is Rangers.

The other part is jealousy as they are Scotland's most successful club and biggest club.

People from the outside looking in don't appreciate how hateful a country Scotland actually is.

It's unique in the sense that both communities Protestants/Catholics and Unionists/Scottish Nationalists both feel a similar sense of injustice and anger and think they are hated and the other one treated preferentially. IMO the prejudices towards my side are factual and there for all to see, prejudices towards the other side is a myth (a bit like so-called systemic racism in USA - it's an industry, something that needs to keep momentum to keep people significant and in jobs etc).
Catholics? I thought that the vast majority of the Scots are Protestants (at least those ones who affiliate themselves with any religion).

Anyway. And what if (or maybe more correctly when) Scotland decides to hold the second referendum and if a yes vote prevails, then what will you do, considering the current attitude? Leave for England?

Why is that?
My team is Rangers.

Catholics? I thought that the vast majority of the Scots are Protestants (at least those ones who affiliate themselves with any religion).

Anyway. And what if (or maybe more correctly when) Scotland decides to hold the second referendum and if a yes vote prevails, then what will you do, considering the current attitude? Leave for England?
Yeah that's true regards the religion but in Scotland Celtic and Rangers are the big two teams and Celtic are the Catholic team - so was meaning from a football perspective in that context.

There's no scope for a second referendum. It's fake news. The SNP only around 30% of Scotland vote for creating an illusion of this appetite for independence that's not there. In fact it saddens me that folk like yourself (with no malice intended) think it's a matter of when not if due to the narrative they have been able to create and feed to the world.

But to answer the question anyway I'd like to move. I'd like to move even just now but the one family member, my Auntie is the thing that holds me back.

I don't speak to my Father who lives in England and my Mum passed away when I was younger and my Auntie stepped upto the plate and still does to this day - she's like my Mother now as corny as that sounds. She does a lot for me and she has told me she'd be devastated if I moved away - so I won't.

Another factor is I feel like I owe her. Her and my Uncle are both good to me and have signed their whole estate over to me should they become unwell or die and it's somewhere in the region of 300 thousand pounds so part of me feels duty bound to stay put and respect their wishes that way too since they'll be giving me a lot of money in the next 20-years or so. Perhaps that sounds shallow but I'm trying to do what's right too and stay put.

Forum List

Back