Scott Walker just lost my vote

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/u...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

I do not live in WI, but I despise every wealthy whore bastard who abuses our system and gets a politician to grant massive corporate welfare so as to socialize the cost and privatize the profits of a fucking worthless sports stadium.

Only the illegal alien catastrophe angers me more than this, and Walker should never have done this, especially now. $250 MM for a stadium that will pay back $6.5 MM / year? What kind of fucking idiot math is that?

You have a major reading comprehension problem, that 6.5 million is just from players salary and the like....

From the link......

Mr. Walker praised the deal, passed with bipartisan support in the Legislature, as a sound investment that will return $3 in state taxes for every $1 invested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/u...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

I do not live in WI, but I despise every wealthy whore bastard who abuses our system and gets a politician to grant massive corporate welfare so as to socialize the cost and privatize the profits of a fucking worthless sports stadium.

Only the illegal alien catastrophe angers me more than this, and Walker should never have done this, especially now. $250 MM for a stadium that will pay back $6.5 MM / year? What kind of fucking idiot math is that?

Yo, take a look at most States? They all have plans to build a stadium in the future?
If you change Candidates? Look at Ted Cruz? He is the only true Conservative running!!! GL

"GTP"

You have a major reading comprehension problem, that 6.5 million is just from players salary and the like....

From the link......

Mr. Walker praised the deal, passed with bipartisan support in the Legislature, as a sound investment that will return $3 in state taxes for every $1 invested.

While I lived there, Houston built 3 brand new stadiums, all with the promise of jobs, increasing the tax base, and rehabilitating the neighborhoods. Absolutely none of that took place; the neighborhoods are still in the same conditions they were before the stadiums and the city was furloughing employees well after the stadiums supposed benefits were supposed to have kicked in.

From the link......

While I lived there, Houston built 3 brand new stadiums, all with the promise of jobs, increasing the tax base, and rehabilitating the neighborhoods. Absolutely none of that took place; the neighborhoods are still in the same conditions they were before the stadiums and the city was furloughing employees well after the stadiums supposed benefits were supposed to have kicked in.
I am glad I decided not to go there for college...

You just learned about this? It's been news for quite some time.

no state has ever gotten the promised returns for taxpayer money.

It's all a great sham and Walker should have known.

but you know how leftist are, if he didn't approve it, he would have been labeled a racist job killer poor hater etc etc etc

From the link......

Milwaukee only has the bucks and brewers, the packers don't play half of their home games there no more. Not sure how much revenue the bucks pump into the local economy but I am sure it is a big chunk of change.

With Houston, the Texans gave them national perstige, that they lacked after the oilers left.

Real estate mogul Jon Hammes, who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Republican candidates and causes, is a prominent member of the investor group that owns Milwaukee’s NBA team. Last week CNN reported that he also will serve as the Walker campaign’s national finance co-chairman. Days after that appointment, Walker’s Republican allies in the Wisconsin state Senate backed the governor’s proposal to spend public funds on a new arena for the Bucks.

There are many, many other good reasons to not vote for Walker.

From the link......

Mr Walker is a lying corporate stool who took money to build a stadium out of education directly. I sincerely doubt that the stadium will raise a BILLION dollars in revenue (cost 300 million). If you believe the studies the politicians tell you to look at you deserve to choke on the lies being rammed down your throat. I can never understand why Republicans defend that stadium, don't you want less government? Government that doesn't overstep bounds? WHY ARE YOU OK WITH GOVERNMENT BUILDING A PRIVATELY OWNED STADIUM?

From the link......

Mr Walker is a lying corporate stool who took money to build a stadium out of education directly. I sincerely doubt that the stadium will raise a BILLION dollars in revenue (cost 300 million). If you believe the studies the politicians tell you to look at you deserve to choke on the lies being rammed down your throat. I can never understand why Republicans defend that stadium, don't you want less government? Government that doesn't overstep bounds? WHY ARE YOU OK WITH GOVERNMENT BUILDING A PRIVATELY OWNED STADIUM?
Either they build the stadium or the bucks leave Milwaukee, it's that simple and again it was bi-partisan

If you're going to drop support for a candidate over a football stadium then you've set the bar pretty low. Since Jesus or any saint is not running for president you will end up sitting at home on election day.

From the link......

Yup...

Money for Nothing

It’s a pattern that has been repeating itself over the last 20 years among the nation’s professional sports leagues: Demolish an old sports stadium and then build a glitzier one. Some say these new stadiums particularly reflect the success of the National Football League, whose total revenue since 1995 is $99.4 billion. But a large part of the funding for most of these stadiums comes not from the pro leagues but from taxpayers.

Some critics see it as a form of corporate welfare, and what few people realize is that even after a stadium is torn down, taxpayer dollars can still go to paying off its debt.

For example, at the time it was demolished in 2000, the Seattle Kingdome, home to the Mariners and the Seahawks, had an outstanding government debt of $83 million, and when Giants Stadium was demolished in 2010, it had a government debt of $266 million, which isn’t scheduled to be paid back until 2025.

When it comes to football stadiums, cities keep building giant facilities, with state and local governments paying, on average, for 57 percent of construction costs. That translates to over $6 billion taxpayer dollars to build fancy football stadiums since 1995.[...]

The Minnesota Vikings’ billion-dollar U.S. Bank Stadium is scheduled to open in July 2016. And given that the average life span of a new football stadium has dropped to just 30 years, the Vikings’ stadium will likely be demolished around the time the last of the public bonds financing its construction are paid off.​

Enough said after this...

Walker looks very bad giving taxpayers money to corporate welfare program and then accepting money from them to his campaign.

In a two bit African tin pot this would be called bribery.

As the return on investment... They are figures to appease the masses which don't stand up to reality...

From the link......

Yup...

Money for Nothing

It’s a pattern that has been repeating itself over the last 20 years among the nation’s professional sports leagues: Demolish an old sports stadium and then build a glitzier one. Some say these new stadiums particularly reflect the success of the National Football League, whose total revenue since 1995 is $99.4 billion. But a large part of the funding for most of these stadiums comes not from the pro leagues but from taxpayers.

Some critics see it as a form of corporate welfare, and what few people realize is that even after a stadium is torn down, taxpayer dollars can still go to paying off its debt.

For example, at the time it was demolished in 2000, the Seattle Kingdome, home to the Mariners and the Seahawks, had an outstanding government debt of $83 million, and when Giants Stadium was demolished in 2010, it had a government debt of $266 million, which isn’t scheduled to be paid back until 2025.
When it comes to football stadiums, cities keep building giant facilities, with state and local governments paying, on average, for 57 percent of construction costs. That translates to over $6 billion taxpayer dollars to build fancy football stadiums since 1995.[...]

The Minnesota Vikings’ billion-dollar U.S. Bank Stadium is scheduled to open in July 2016. And given that the average life span of a new football stadium has dropped to just 30 years, the Vikings’ stadium will likely be demolished around the time the last of the public bonds financing its construction are paid off.​
I do agree with you, I still don't get why they had to destroy these 30 ~40 year old domes. Hell Wrigley field is still fine over being a 100 plus years old.

But my point is, you are right they have the tax payers by the balls. Either they pay or they leave.

From the link......

Yup...

Money for Nothing

I do agree with you, I still don't get why they had to destroy these 30 ~40 year old domes. Hell Wrigley field is still fine over being a 100 plus years old.

But my point is, you are right they have the tax payers by the balls. Either they pay or they leave.
So, its the job of government to keep sports team where they are? And I highly doubt they ever would have left, a load of crap line thrown out there to make buck fans stand up and yell for the stadium. As for the bipartisan support, I don't see how that makes it better, both parties take bribes.

At the end of the day there really isn't much difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.

They pretend there is a difference but they are both the party of big government.

The Democrats promise bad government and delivers bad government.

The Republicans always promise good government but they deliver mostly the same bad government as the Democrats.

Forum List

Back