Scott Walker just lost my vote

I wonder if the op don't know where that revenue comes from? To pay for museums and local shit?

It comes from tourist dollars

Op you have to be the stupidest mother fucker I have ever known on the internet about economics

I call them like I see them. Your math sucks. The 6.5 figure is how much the state would save in loss revenue. it has nothing do with the 250 the taxpayers are kicking in.

"(Walker) argued that the public-private arena deal would prevent the loss of the $6.5 million in state taxes paid each year by Bucks players and personnel."

Learn to read and stop acting like a liberal puke!

Learn what reading comprehension is, fucking idiot. There are only 2 revenue claims in the article, an alleged "3-1 return", which is bogus, and an annual $6.5 MM in taxes RETAINED, which is equivalent to saying that a stream of payments of $6.5 MM will continue AFTER $250 MM is SPENT.

That means that after spending $250 MM, the state will continue to receive $6.5 MM per year, which is the ONLY positive income stream that can be relied up in the situation detailed in the article. All other income streams are bullshit, bogus, non-credible - and as I stated above, are simply monies that the consumer would have spent ELSEWHERE on entertainment.

Not only did you come into my thread being an arrogant asshole with a personal attack, you showed you cannot even grasp basic accounting/cash flow analysis. You're a fucking idiot.

You're the fucking idiot if you think that would be the only positive revenue stream. Rhodescholar my ass!!!

I take it you support using public monies to build professional sports arenas?

If the arenas were money makers, why does there need to be a public investment; wouldn't you see hedge funds, private investors, and big business wanting a piece of the action?

I support a referendum on the subject and let the public decide. That's usually how it's done here in Texas.

You liberals are the biggest spenders of tax payer money and now you have a problem with it?

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

So, theorhetically, if Wal Mart said to Fargo, ND, "Look, we need the citizens of Fargo to kick in $300,000,000 for a distribution center, otherwise, we may have to move the 1,000 jobs to Minneapolis." you'd be okay with Wal Mart doing it if the voters approved?

You're being a little dramatic aren't you? But if the citizens vote for something that ridiculous, then who am I to say anything? It's there tax dollars, not mine.

I gave you asshole so many points you can not refute. It's not your thread anymore child...it's mine

LOL, "so many points" she said. Turd, no one here gives a fuck about "city's prestige," its meaningless BS. Because you live in a shithole with no character or depth that needs sports teams to validate its existence does not mean the rest of us do.

Maybe when you grow up you to can move to a real city that doesn't give a shit or need sports teams either, little idiot.

I wonder if the op don't know where that revenue comes from? To pay for museums and local shit?

It comes from tourist dollars

Op you have to be the stupidest mother fucker I have ever known on the internet about economics

Museums come from tourist dollars, yeah...I can see I've engaged one of the weakest posters, perhaps ever, on USMB....

You have a major reading comprehension problem, that 6.5 million is just from players salary and the like....

From the link......

Mr. Walker praised the deal, passed with bipartisan support in the Legislature, as a sound investment that will return $3 in state taxes for every $1 invested.

that could very well anger a lefty

--LOL

There should be a federal law against stadiums getting tax-exempt bond funding eligibility.....These billionaires can pay for their own stadiums rather than leaching off of the public.

Forum List

Back