Scott Walker just lost my vote

While I lived there, Houston built 3 brand new stadiums, all with the promise of jobs, increasing the tax base, and rehabilitating the neighborhoods. Absolutely none of that took place; the neighborhoods are still in the same conditions they were before the stadiums and the city was furloughing employees well after the stadiums supposed benefits were supposed to have kicked in.
Milwaukee only has the bucks and brewers, the packers don't play half of their home games there no more. Not sure how much revenue the bucks pump into the local economy but I am sure it is a big chunk of change.

With Houston, the Texans gave them national perstige, that they lacked after the oilers left.

And of course the taxpayers can put that "national prestige" in the bank, pay their mortgage with it and purchase food. My mistake.

You are a woman, but us guys would be so pissed off if the bears and cubs left chicago, the packers left green bay, the giants left new York, red socks left fenway...

We would be mad as hell.

Its tradition ...

Stop being simple.
I know you think it's simple and silly, but my guess you never been to the Wrigley field. You never been to a bulls game and watched Michael work magic, you never been to fenway park, you never froze your ass off at old soldier field in December between the packers and bear's.

You never been to death valley in a Clemson game between the tigers and gamecocks...

I have

Few in Houston were "mad as hell". Few in LA are "mad as hell". If they were, they got over it.

As for attending sporting events, I've been to my share. I admire what athletes can do but am sane enough to know that if an owner can have a payroll of 100 million dollars per year, they can pay a multiple of that for a stadium that is a multi-year project.

Let me ask you something; When you watch TV or listen to the radio, you hear ads from people trying to sell you this guide or sell you this program or promise to "show you what "they" don't want you to know" ("they" being Wall Street, the Drug Companies, etc...). My favorite are the gambling hotlines where a guy has a 96% accuracy rate. Guys used to sell real estate seminars on late night TV; they were my favorite. Google Tom Vu if you wish.

Now, when you hear these ads, the first thing that comes to your mind is this. "IF you made a fortune on Wall Street, why are you selling a book for $12.95?" Or, why not just keep your picks secret and bet on the games and make money that way instead of selling your picks on a 1-800 number that requires my credit card?.

The point is this. If the stadiums were money-makers, simply line up investors to go in with you and you keep all of the money and simply pay taxes. The same way you would on any investment. That they cannot get another group of guys who would be "mad as hell" if the Bears left to chunk in some money is pretty telling. There apparently is no gold at the end of the rainbow; otherwise the investors would be lining up.

Another fucking liberal, gets called out on his bullshit and not a peep from him.

Is that all you have, calling people a fucking liberal you weak fucking turd?

As for MY math skills, shit for brains, divide 6.5 into 250. That rounds out to 38.46, which is longer than the number of years the stadium will be in operation, so that tells anyone with half a fucking brain - which you clearly do NOT have, that the stadium will never be able to repay the initial taxpayer-funded sum, as happened with Giants Stadium and the Kingdome.

Second, and to those with brains, if a sports stadium was such a great deal, why would the hedge funds and private equity firms buying up all these sports teams need to come to the taxpayer hat in hand? Since these bastards could easily afford the cost of the stadium as their funds hold billions, why would they allow the general public to get in on such a "great" deal? It's because the stadiums are NOT great deals, or even good ones - they are fucking ripoffs, money-losing sponges. If I open a store, can I get the taxpayer to pay for all of my expenses, inventory, etc.? So why the flying fuck do these whore bastards get to do that?

Lastly, if anyone wants to read up on this sham, this book is ideal:

Amazon.com Field of Schemes How the Great Stadium Swindle Turns Public Money into Private Profit Revised and Expanded Edition 9780803260160 Neil deMause Joanna Cagan Books

I read where there would be income of $3 for every $1. You also have to figure in hotels, restaurants, entertainment and the jobs that would be created. Those jobs in turn increase to the tax base and lower the unemployment figure. Seems like a Win Win.

EVERY study, every fucking one of them, academic or otherwise, that was independent and not funded by the league or team, showed that the projects were net losers.

As I said above, if they were such good deals, Wall Street would be fighting like animals to get in on these deals the way investment banks do for M&A mergers/buyouts - but they don't. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Factually wrong. When we lost the Oilers, we simply found other things to do. Nobody in Los Angeles seems worse off for not having the NFL there. Meanwhile, Jacksonville is still thought of as a place to stop on the way to Disney; getting a team has done little to improve their "national prestige". It is strictly a vanity play by the mayors and governors. Just admit it.

This person is smart, turds like lonestar logic should read their posts 5x to make sure they grasp them.

Another fucking liberal, gets called out on his bullshit and not a peep from him.

Is that all you have, calling people a fucking liberal you weak fucking turd?

As for MY math skills, shit for brains, divide 6.5 into 250. That rounds out to 38.46, which is longer than the number of years the stadium will be in operation, so that tells anyone with half a fucking brain - which you clearly do NOT have, that the stadium will never be able to repay the initial taxpayer-funded sum, as happened with Giants Stadium and the Kingdome.

Second, and to those with brains, if a sports stadium was such a great deal, why would the hedge funds and private equity firms buying up all these sports teams need to come to the taxpayer hat in hand? Since these bastards could easily afford the cost of the stadium as their funds hold billions, why would they allow the general public to get in on such a "great" deal? It's because the stadiums are NOT great deals, or even good ones - they are fucking ripoffs, money-losing sponges. If I open a store, can I get the taxpayer to pay for all of my expenses, inventory, etc.? So why the flying fuck do these whore bastards get to do that?

Lastly, if anyone wants to read up on this sham, this book is ideal:

Amazon.com Field of Schemes How the Great Stadium Swindle Turns Public Money into Private Profit Revised and Expanded Edition 9780803260160 Neil deMause Joanna Cagan Books

I call them like I see them.

Your math sucks.

The 6.5 figure is how much the state would save in loss revenue. it has nothing do with the 250 the taxpayers are kicking in.

"(Walker) argued that the public-private arena deal would prevent the loss of the $6.5 million in state taxes paid each year by Bucks players and personnel."

Learn to read and stop acting like a liberal puke!

I call them like I see them. Your math sucks. The 6.5 figure is how much the state would save in loss revenue. it has nothing do with the 250 the taxpayers are kicking in.

"(Walker) argued that the public-private arena deal would prevent the loss of the $6.5 million in state taxes paid each year by Bucks players and personnel."

Learn what reading comprehension is, fucking idiot. There are only 2 revenue claims in the article, an alleged "3-1 return", which is bogus, and an annual $6.5 MM in taxes RETAINED, which is equivalent to saying that a stream of payments of $6.5 MM will continue AFTER $250 MM is SPENT.

That means that after spending $250 MM, the state will continue to receive $6.5 MM per year, which is the ONLY positive income stream that can be relied up in the situation detailed in the article. All other income streams are bullshit, bogus, non-credible - and as I stated above, are simply monies that the consumer would have spent ELSEWHERE on entertainment.

Not only did you come into my thread being an arrogant asshole with a personal attack, you showed you cannot even grasp basic accounting/cash flow analysis. You're a fucking idiot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/u...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

I do not live in WI, but I despise every wealthy whore bastard who abuses our system and gets a politician to grant massive corporate welfare so as to socialize the cost and privatize the profits of a fucking worthless sports stadium.

Only the illegal alien catastrophe angers me more than this, and Walker should never have done this, especially now. $250 MM for a stadium that will pay back $6.5 MM / year? What kind of fucking idiot math is that?

Maybe its already been out, but the field of schemes web site says the true cost is more than $400 million because of property tax giveaways.

Walker turns out to be just another Cobb Co. Republican

I call them like I see them. Your math sucks. The 6.5 figure is how much the state would save in loss revenue. it has nothing do with the 250 the taxpayers are kicking in.

Learn what reading comprehension is, fucking idiot. There are only 2 revenue claims in the article, an alleged "3-1 return", which is bogus, and an annual $6.5 MM in taxes RETAINED, which is equivalent to saying that a stream of payments of $6.5 MM will continue AFTER $250 MM is SPENT.

That means that after spending $250 MM, the state will continue to receive $6.5 MM per year, which is the ONLY positive income stream that can be relied up in the situation detailed in the article. All other income streams are bullshit, bogus, non-credible - and as I stated above, are simply monies that the consumer would have spent ELSEWHERE on entertainment.

Not only did you come into my thread being an arrogant asshole with a personal attack, you showed you cannot even grasp basic accounting/cash flow analysis. You're a fucking idiot.

You're the fucking idiot if you think that would be the only positive revenue stream. Rhodescholar my ass!!!

You have a major reading comprehension problem, that 6.5 million is just from players salary and the like....

From the link......

Mr. Walker praised the deal, passed with bipartisan support in the Legislature, as a sound investment that will return $3 in state taxes for every $1 invested.

While I lived there, Houston built 3 brand new stadiums, all with the promise of jobs, increasing the tax base, and rehabilitating the neighborhoods. Absolutely none of that took place; the neighborhoods are still in the same conditions they were before the stadiums and the city was furloughing employees well after the stadiums supposed benefits were supposed to have kicked in.
I am glad I decided not to go there for college...

What college in Houston were you considering?

You're the fucking idiot if you think that would be the only positive revenue stream. Rhodescholar my ass!!!

I take it you support using public monies to build professional sports arenas?

If the arenas were money makers, why does there need to be a public investment; wouldn't you see hedge funds, private investors, and big business wanting a piece of the action?

If the arenas were money makers, why does there need to be a public investment; wouldn't you see hedge funds, private investors, and big business wanting a piece of the action?

I support a referendum on the subject and let the public decide. That's usually how it's done here in Texas.

You liberals are the biggest spenders of tax payer money and now you have a problem with it?

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

I support a referendum on the subject and let the public decide. That's usually how it's done here in Texas.

You liberals are the biggest spenders of tax payer money and now you have a problem with it?

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

So, theorhetically, if Wal Mart said to Fargo, ND, "Look, we need the citizens of Fargo to kick in $300,000,000 for a distribution center, otherwise, we may have to move the 1,000 jobs to Minneapolis." you'd be okay with Wal Mart doing it if the voters approved?

You have a major reading comprehension problem, that 6.5 million is just from players salary and the like....

From the link......

Mr. Walker praised the deal, passed with bipartisan support in the Legislature, as a sound investment that will return $3 in state taxes for every $1 invested.
I have yet to hear of a sports stadium that created a net profit for the taxpayers.

How can any Republican say with a straight face that the government financing of a private business is conservatism?

I want you to think about this bullshit claim.

Why aren't there any banks lining up to make that loan instead of the government?

You're weak, AND stupid. Show us PROOF of what other revenue streams will come from this white elephant, that are not funds re-directed from other sources of entertainment.

Show me an academic or indepenedent study that shows these stadiums have positive cash flow for the taxpayer; I've got many that show they are all money losers. If you had any brains and were a True Conservative, you be outraged against this scam, but you're too full of angry hostility and abject stupidity to admit it.

Sorry fuckbrain, but I've studied this issue for 3 decades and you're way, way the fuck out of your league.

I take it you support using public monies to build professional sports arenas? If the arenas were money makers, why does there need to be a public investment; wouldn't you see hedge funds, private investors, and big business wanting a piece of the action?

Don't ask hard questions to stupid people, you'll just get more trolling and personal attacks.

What's really funny is that the asshole claims to be such a strong conservative, but is too stupid to realize that conservatism is against public sports funding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/u...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

I do not live in WI, but I despise every wealthy whore bastard who abuses our system and gets a politician to grant massive corporate welfare so as to socialize the cost and privatize the profits of a fucking worthless sports stadium.

Only the illegal alien catastrophe angers me more than this, and Walker should never have done this, especially now. $250 MM for a stadium that will pay back $6.5 MM / year? What kind of fucking idiot math is that?
Is this one thing really enough to lose your vote?

Forum List

Back