Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

Jericho has been destroyed at least 9 times by earthquakes along the Dead Sea rift. No need to resort to "the Israelites did it - with a little help from the friendly god". Whether or not the red sea COULD have been parted is irrelevant to whether it WAS parted.

Yes and the ones destroyed by earthquakes, the walls fell out-wards. But the one in the bible says the walls fell inward and archeology has proven that those walls did fall inward not outward. And Science has proved how sound could have done it.

Whether they fell inwards or outwards is irrelevant. The cause of all the destruction was earthquakes on Dead Sea Rift zone, a completely natural phenomenon.

It was also a natural phenomenon that the sound of trumpets can cause them to fall also. But you will just dismiss that fact away.

Yes that is what the mythology claims? And yet we have irrefutable scientific evidence from geology and archaeology that Jericho was destroyed at least nine times by earthquakes (and could well be destroyed again by earthquakes), while we have NO evidence that an iron age musical instruments could have brought those walls down. You people need to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

No that is what Scientific experiments in sounds have claimed.
Like I said you would, you dismissed this science.

What science, where? All you've done is make an unsupported claim here. You've provided no science. So of course I am going to dismiss it.

Whether they fell inwards or outwards is irrelevant. The cause of all the destruction was earthquakes on Dead Sea Rift zone, a completely natural phenomenon.

It was also a natural phenomenon that the sound of trumpets can cause them to fall also. But you will just dismiss that fact away.

Yes that is what the mythology claims? And yet we have irrefutable scientific evidence from geology and archaeology that Jericho was destroyed at least nine times by earthquakes (and could well be destroyed again by earthquakes), while we have NO evidence that an iron age musical instruments could have brought those walls down. You people need to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

Yes the walls were destroyed many times by earthquakes but only one event happened where the walls fell inward and science proves that the trumpet sounds could have done it.
LOL. Sure thing. Next up, giants and talking donkeys, it's all very scientific.

Gigantism-
Gigantism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It was not the donkey that was really talking. Just like the Snake itself was not talking in the Garden of Eden
Did Balaam s donkey really talk to him

Yes the walls were destroyed many times by earthquakes but only one event happened where the walls fell inward and science proves that the trumpet sounds could have done it.

Gigantism-

It was not the donkey that was really talking. Just like the Snake itself was not talking in the Garden of Eden

What? Did it use American sign language?

Gigantism-

Your faith is that of child, which is why you believe.

No doubt all the GOP candidates will be confronted with this question.

If you truly believe one thing or another, especially on an important topic, why not proclaim it?

What's the down side?

The down side is-
The arrogance of the left that think only their way of looking at things is the only correct way.

Right. Let's elect a flat Earther and put HIM in charge of the U.S.G.S. After all, we got to have even more people with holes in their heads running things.

When did Scott Walker ever claim that he was a flat Earther?

Gigantism-

What? Did it use American sign language?

Why even comment if you did not even read the link?

If you can't deal with evolution, a most basic tenant of modern biology, you might as well be. He's either being dishonest or stupid, neither are good things.

He sidestepped it like most smart politicians do in hot debates. It is not an exclusively right of left thing.
You do realize that Obama never explained how he would do his hope & change thing in America when he was running.

They did the fake ones to fit Darwinism, that that is dishonesty. It was not self correction it was down right deceitfulness in order to keep the theory alive and funded for further research.

WTF are you babbling about?

peach said:
God is perfect and does not need self correcting. He is the Alpha and the Omega -the beginning and the end. His Creation is perfect.

Yes, I understand the dogma. If he is so perfect, why is his "creation" so poorly designed?

peach said:
Yes all species are transitional but they have not found the actual missing links, the intermediates to each of them. It is still full of holes- no (intermediates) and it should have been found all over the place if it was true.
Ever since Darwin, evolutionists have made excuses for why the world and our fossil museums are not overflowing with intermediates.

God of the gaps argument, as I've pointed out countless times. Never argue this point with a geologist because you will lose every time. I have fossils stored at the National Museum. What about you? Have you ever even collected one? Would you know what it is if you found one? And how it relates to other fossils? You should watch the PBS show "Your Inner Fish". I highly recommend it.

So does that mean you have the fossils of the intermediates that prove for example one certain species of lizard has evolved into certain species of bird?
I have not seen any in the Museums or the Universities that house them in their archives.
And yes I can tell some, of certain fossils (not all of them, because I am not an expert in the field) but if I found one I could more than likely tell from what species from the ones I do know.
You don't need to be an expert to find and know ancient fossils.

That you believe that there is an intermediate fossil that demonstrates a lizard evolving into a bird only demonstrates how utterly uninformed you are wrt to not only paleontology, but the theory of evolution. Creationists have often made the assertion, for instance, that there is no fossil demonstrating a cat evolving into a dog. Indeed, there isn't because if there were, that would DISPROVE evolution. Same goes for your claim. Birds aren't descendants of lizards. They are descendants of theropod dinosaurs.

So sorry I should have said reptile instead of lizard.

So does your Museum have the theropod fossils that has evolved?
There is none found yet.
This is why they are going to explanation of the different types of eggs theory because they don't have the fossils.
How the shape of eggs can help explain the evolutionary history of birds -- ScienceDaily

And you'd still be wrong. Dinosaurs are not reptiles, though they are descended from them. Please don't try to tell me by business. First of all I don't have a museum, though I used to curate at the Louisville Museum of History and Science (now the Louisville Science Center). Transitional fossils between theropods and birds have, in fact, been found. Otherwise, no one would have made the connection between birds and theropods. Duh.

The origin of birds
You're wrong. Dinosaurs are a branch of "reptiles" BECAUSE THEY DESCENDED FROM THEM. Birds are a branch of dinosaurs. This means birds are reptiles, more specifically this means birds are dinosaurs.

If you can't deal with evolution, a most basic tenant of modern biology, you might as well be. He's either being dishonest or stupid, neither are good things.

He sidestepped it like most smart politicians do in hot debates. It is not an exclusively right of left thing.
You do realize that Obama never explained how he would do his hope & change thing in America when he was running.
Your approval of people lying to get elected is noted.

What was the lie?

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.
But he also did not answer dishonestly. When there is no answer, there is no lie.

Yes and the ones destroyed by earthquakes, the walls fell out-wards. But the one in the bible says the walls fell inward and archeology has proven that those walls did fall inward not outward. And Science has proved how sound could have done it.

What science, where? All you've done is make an unsupported claim here. You've provided no science. So of course I am going to dismiss it.

Have you forgotten that sound can shatter glass?
Sound Physics Science Fair Projects Experiments

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.
But he also did not answer dishonestly. When there is no answer, there is no lie.
Learn what a Lie of Omission is.

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.

He said he would punt on the question.
That means he would answer it later and he did.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/02/11/walker-steps-back-from-evolution-punt/
He tweeted-
Both science & my faith dictate my belief that we are created by God. I believe faith & science are compatible, & go hand in hand.

Have you forgotten that sound can shatter glass?
Sound Physics Science Fair Projects Experiments
Both Obama and Hillary Clinton claim to be Christians. Being a Christian implies the beleif in God capable of devine intervention. I am getting a kick out of how the left wingers are going after Walker for not answering a question while giving Obama and Hillary a pass with their belief in God. Walker may very well beleive in creationism. However, if Obama and Hillary are truely Christians, then they would also beleive that God created the universe and all life on earth. Perhaps they beleive that God used evolution in his creation process, I don't know. But I don't know about Walker either.

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.
You need to learn what a lie of omission is because that was not such a lie.

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.
He has an answer, he simply doesn't want to have to say. That is an omission in this case. If you won't answer direct questions honestly, you're lying.

What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.
He has an answer, he simply doesn't want to have to say. That is an omission in this case. If you won't answer direct questions honestly, you're lying.
In that case we all are lying. Did you tell me what you had for lunch yesterday. Since you didn't you are lying through omission!

Now go away and stop being stupid....or at least just go away.

Forum List

Back