Scottish independence

This is a serious thing. If the Scots vote to remain with the UK, they will have to shut up and never again praise the Bruce, Mary Queen of Scots etc. I don't know what i would do if I were Scottish. I suspect the Basques and the Catalans are envying the Scots now. And the Irish, if they had waited they might have been able to have the whole island.

Don't be silly.

Yes, and its projected to decrease from today's production by 50% by about 2021. What's your point? England should just give up Scotland and control of strategic resources today because production will be down tomorrow? Better to wait until 2030, after there's nothing left.
oil-production-in-the-north-sea.jpg

The point is that the oil revenue projections for an independent Scotland that the SNP have been making are likely too optimistic.

Yes, and its projected to decrease from today's production by 50% by about 2021. What's your point? England should just give up Scotland and control of strategic resources today because production will be down tomorrow? Better to wait until 2030, after there's nothing left.

The point is that the oil revenue projections for an independent Scotland that the SNP have been making are likely too optimistic.

Oil revenue projections for the USA in 2001 were said to be optimistic: Technology changed the future. Whether that may happen in N. Sea: Who really knows? Regardless of the projection, GB cannot simply give strategic resources away to an independent Scotland.

I do not think England has a say in it. The decision will be entirely of Scottish people. This a referendum not a war.

"Not think England has a say?"

:disbelief:

:lmao:

Have you read any English History?

Just about every claim made by the SNP has been nonsense.

In fairness, some of the claims on the other side are nonsense too.

Is Scotland economically viable? Of course it is. There will be no collapse of the Scottish economy. But it could certainly be disruptive, and Scotland will likely be relatively poorer over time.

Nothing is static. Scotland would survive just fine..It would have friendly nations lining up to help them.

If they vote to peacefully withdraw, they should be allowed to do so.

...unlike what happened in the war of northern aggression in the u.s.

Is Scotland economically viable? Of course it is. There will be no collapse of the Scottish economy. But it could certainly be disruptive, and Scotland will likely be relatively poorer over time.
Well yes, I support Scottish independence despite thinking the SNP are con-men.

I don't. And I have more Scottish blood in me than anything.

I don't. And I have more Scottish blood in me than anything.
Well I'm at least a quarter Italian, so that's probably the biggest single nationality I have, but Scottish would be second. Though my reasons for supporting Scottish independence aren't for any Scottish blood that I have, but merely on the basis that I support pretty much any peaceful secession, Scotland, Venetia, Quebec, etc... I think Scotland leaving the UK would be good because I think it would create a bit of competition between the two, which I think can only lead to good things for the people living there. What remains of the UK would be more conservative, and Scotland would be more progressive, and I think they'd be able to check each other better. I think it would also lead what remains of the UK to a more sensible foreign policy rather than simply being a pawn of the US, but that may be wishful thinking, admittedly.

You might be able to read, but you don't understand what you are reading. A high standard of living comes at a cost, and in this case it means higher prices. So a chicken fillet costing $1 in the US will cost $10 in Norway.

Britain is a very propaganda centric society. The drawback of societies like that is people grow up believing those propaganda. However, when they come face to face with the truth, it irritates them because it just does not conform to their world view. The result is often name calling or obnoxious behavior such as what we are seeing reflected in your posts. If you act civilized, I will engage in discourse with you but if you act rude and obnoxious then you can talk to the hand.

Last edited:
Nothing is static. Scotland would survive just fine..It would have friendly nations lining up to help them.

We can only hope the Scots leave the UK. That should help secessionist movements worldwide. Too bad the Frenchies in Quebec, did not secede. That might have triggered secessionist movements in the USA.

"Not think England has a say?"

:disbelief:

:lmao:

Have you read any English History?

Dude, you got to be kidding me. I doubt anybody on this forum knows more than me when it comes to what English elites are capable of.

We are talking about a referendum here. Yes, English have no say in it. And, it is also true that the elites whose interests are served by the union will resort to all sorts of antics to prevent the independence of Scotland. But if you think there will be military intervention from English and Wales to prevent the Scottish independence then you are wrong. But it will be very interesting to see if that happens.

Coming back to Scottish independence: Scottish people are a staunch supporters of Israel. If they are an independent nation, they will be free to offer more moral and diplomatic support to Israel or else their support for Israel will be moderated by the factions in the union which tend to be pro Arab.

The English arrived in India to trade as private concerns, not as a national body. They started the East India Company to trade in spice in 1600. The Dutch became the majority party after the English left in 1622. This was the case until William of Orange became King of England and the wars between England and the Dutch ended. The English trade in textiles overtook the trade in spice and became the most lucrative. It was not until 1757 when England went to war in India and it was from this point on they realised they could defeat India by taking it one small province at a time. So you see it was nothing to do with the Scots and they played no role in the matter until the start of the RAJ in 1858.

I gave you the entire timeline and then you come up with this. It does not seem like you are interested in an objective discussion. This is my last post on this subject. You can talk to the hand now.

We can only hope the Scots leave the UK. That should help secessionist movements worldwide. Too bad the Frenchies in Quebec, did not secede. That might have triggered secessionist movements in the USA.

There was something going on in Spain a while back, too?...Catalonia wanted to secede, I think?

Our time is coming again...

I heard this joke about the Scottish independence:

Scotland: I am leaving you ...

Britain: You can't ...

Scotland: I am leaving. It is over ...

Britain: I am pregnant ...

It was hash tagged as #RoyalBaby

There was something going on in Spain a while back, too?...Catalonia wanted to secede, I think?

Our time is coming again...
Catalonia Wants to Pull a Scotland Too - Yahoo News

They still want to.

Forum List

Back