SCOTUS lets Wisconsin voter ID law stand

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Common sense prevails, well done Whisky

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court refused Monday to hear a major challenge to Wisconsin's voter ID law, delivering a victory to Republicans who favor tougher election laws.

The decision is a setback for civil rights groups that contend the law could disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of residents who lack proper ID - particularly racial minorities, seniors, students and people with disabilities.

Supreme Court lets Wisconsin voter ID law stand Courier-Post courierpostonline.com

All these great things happening in Wisconsin...maybe Walker deserves a second look

All those stupid enough to believe Wisconsin's Voter ID will stop the types of voter fraud which occur there, raise your right hand.

Hint: That's the hand most of you eat your manufactured bullshit with.

Last edited:
You could have a requirement that a voter has to scratch their nose with their left hand before they can be given a ballot, and it would stand up to constitutional muster.

But it would do fuck-all to stop voter fraud.

Just so with Voter ID.

I don't know how anyone can call themselves a conservative who believes in a government program which unnecessarily interferes in one of our most precious institutions and wastes taxpayer dollars.

You could have a requirement that a voter has to scratch their nose with their left hand before they can be given a ballot, and it would stand up to constitutional muster.

Just so with Voter ID.

I don't know how anyone can call themselves a conservative who believes in a government program which unnecessarily interferes in one of our most precious institutions and wastes taxpayer dollars.
These aren't the actions of Conservatives, they are Reactionaries. Trying to turn back the clocks to when bitches and darkies couldn't vote.

All those stupid enough to believe Wisconsin's Voter ID will stop the types of voter fraud which occur there, raise your right hand.

That's the hand most of you eat your manufactured bullshit with.

They dont care...they just want it and thats good enough...The "stopping voter fraud" was a lie used to promote it

I knew SCOTUS would let it go, Wisconsin mirrored their law after Indiana's and Indiana's passed SCOTUS scrutiny. Soon other states will follow

Just so with Voter ID.

Yeah yeah yeah.
But there goes teh "It's unconstitutional" meme.

"The Supreme Court's decision is a huge step backward for our democracy," said Penda Hair, co-director of the Advancement Project, a civil rights group. "The 300,000 registered Wisconsin voters who lack the limited forms of photo ID needed to vote in Wisconsin - disproportionately African Americans and Latinos â?? deserve to have their voices heard in our political process."
Oh look... someone mindlessly repeating the party line...

FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting
If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and would like a Wisconsin ID card to vote, please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 (Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) application) or when applying online.
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Obtaining an ID card

"The Supreme Court's decision is a huge step backward for our democracy," said Penda Hair, co-director of the Advancement Project, a civil rights group. "The 300,000 registered Wisconsin voters who lack the limited forms of photo ID needed to vote in Wisconsin - disproportionately African Americans and Latinos â?? deserve to have their voices heard in our political process."
Oh look... someone mindlessly repeating the party line...

FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting
If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and would like a Wisconsin ID card to vote, please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 (Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) application) or when applying online.
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Obtaining an ID card
The ID has to be free, it's the papers to get it that can cost some real dollars, if you have them that is.

That works both ways: Addicting Info This Girl Has No Way Of Proving She s A U.S. Citizen Thanks To Her Fundamentalist Parents VIDEO

Nothing wrong with a reasonable ID law with plenty of lead and opportunity to correct mistakes.

No restrictions on buying a gun (they claim any registration, waiting period or back ground check violates their rights) yet place restrictions on our most precious right and duty as citizens.

Conservatives, I wish you were consistent.

No restrictions on buying a gun (they claim any registration, waiting period or back ground check violates their rights) yet place restrictions on our most precious right and duty as citizens.

You have to show ID to buy a gun. Next

You need a photo ID to buy a gun, Nimrod.

You have to show ID to buy a gun. Next
Not just any ID, but a state-issued picture ID.

Forum List

Back