SCOTUS Lifts Injunction Against Most of Travel Ban.

Regarding "DISCRIMINATION:, the brilliant Lawrence Vance writes:

It's time to stop considering discrimination to be a dirty word.

I prefer Wal-Mart to K-Mart, ketchup to mustard, blue to pink, Chevy to Ford, blonds to brunettes, and Coke to Pepsi. Pepsi may be cheaper, healthier, and better tasting, but I still prefer Coke. Perhaps I just like the color, the smell, or the Coke logo on the can. My preference for Coke over Pepsi may be completely irrational, but in a free society it is my choice to discriminate against Pepsi as long as I don't violate the rights of Pepsi drinkers.

By the same token, if I prefer to rent my home to married couples instead of unmarried ones, serve in my restaurant Whites instead of Blacks, allow into my theater heterosexuals instead of homosexuals, put up in my hotel Democrats instead of Republicans, sell merchandise in my store to Christians instead of Jews, and permit to join my club men instead of women, then I have the natural and moral right to do so. The fact that I don't have the legal right to do any of these things means that the state is violating my rights instead of protecting them.

To say that proponents of liberty and a free society long for the return of Jim Crow laws is a gross misrepresentation. Jim Crow laws, which banned White businessmen from serving Black customers, are just as wrong as anti-discrimination laws. These government-mandated and government-enforced laws denied the fundamental right of Whites to associate and conduct business with Blacks. The real problem with segregation and discrimination is that they were de jure, not de facto; mandatory, not voluntary; public, not private.

In a free society, discrimination could serve as the mother of innovation and entrepreneurship. If a restaurant is for Whites only, someone can open a similar one for all races or for just Blacks. If a store is for Christians only, someone can open a similar one for all religions or for just Jews. But discrimination could also function as a death knell for any business due to bad publicity, boycotts, and too narrow of a market to generate sufficient profits.

In a free society the possibilities are endless. As much as some enemies of liberty and a free society don't want to hear it, and as much as some defenders of liberty and a free society have waffled on the issue, a truly free society means the freedom to discriminate — against any group for any reason.

:udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::udaman:

Long as Donald Dildo can't ban based on religion.

He was told that from the beginning.

The AltRatRight were told that from the beginning.

That is not going to change.
WAAAAA you're really butt hurt huh?

Yes the only way to deal with butt hurt Leftists is like this:

darth-vs-rebel-animated-gif.gif

So they move THIS thread but leave older, and intellectually suspect in terms of legal analysis, threads in place. Go figure

I prefer Wal-Mart to K-Mart, ketchup to mustard, blue to pink, Chevy to Ford, blonds to brunettes, and Coke to Pepsi. Pepsi may be cheaper, healthier, and better tasting, but I still prefer Coke. Perhaps I just like the color, the smell, or the Coke logo on the can. My preference for Coke over Pepsi may be completely irrational, but in a free society it is my choice to discriminate against Pepsi as long as I don't violate the rights of Pepsi drinkers.

By the same token, if I prefer to rent my home to married couples instead of unmarried ones, serve in my restaurant Whites instead of Blacks, allow into my theater heterosexuals instead of homosexuals, put up in my hotel Democrats instead of Republicans, sell merchandise in my store to Christians instead of Jews, and permit to join my club men instead of women, then I have the natural and moral right to do so. The fact that I don't have the legal right to do any of these things means that the state is violating my rights instead of protecting them.

To say that proponents of liberty and a free society long for the return of Jim Crow laws is a gross misrepresentation. Jim Crow laws, which banned White businessmen from serving Black customers, are just as wrong as anti-discrimination laws. These government-mandated and government-enforced laws denied the fundamental right of Whites to associate and conduct business with Blacks. The real problem with segregation and discrimination is that they were de jure, not de facto; mandatory, not voluntary; public, not private.

In a free society, discrimination could serve as the mother of innovation and entrepreneurship. If a restaurant is for Whites only, someone can open a similar one for all races or for just Blacks. If a store is for Christians only, someone can open a similar one for all religions or for just Jews. But discrimination could also function as a death knell for any business due to bad publicity, boycotts, and too narrow of a market to generate sufficient profits.

In a free society the possibilities are endless. As much as some enemies of liberty and a free society don't want to hear it, and as much as some defenders of liberty and a free society have waffled on the issue, a truly free society means the freedom to discriminate — against any group for any reason.

Lawrence Vance sounds like a racist pig to me.

Shows how important this is, NOT. Why are Russians not allowed in, oh right, they have business with DT and Kushner. The maj of terrorists are home grown. This should not make anyone feel safer.
This makes the whole nation feel safer!

A couple of examples, McVeigh, Dylan, and the vet at Ft Hood and the other one in Florida airport, need I say more.

Lawrence Vance sounds like a racist pig to me.

Sound like you need to get your hearing checked.

I guess this means they won't be partying tonight in Dearbornistan, MI.

Forum List

Back