SCOTUS Rules Against Affirmative Action (AGAIN)

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The SCOTUS today again ruled AGAINST AA in the Schuette vs. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action case.

It was well known for quite some time, this was coming. The new ruling wasn't even close. It was 6-2 against AA.

This followed on the heels of another SCOTUS ruling against AA, in the Ricci vs DeStefano case. Affirmative Action is as dead as a rock in the bottom of a pond. While it is now banned in 8 states, it is likely to be banned in many more, and wherever it isn't banned, victims of AA discrimination (whites, males, Asians) should file suit against the discriminators, and I'm certain they will do just that.

Supreme Court upholds ban on affirmative action in college admissions - Stephanie Simon and Josh Gerstein and Maggie Severns - POLITICO.com

SCOTUS Upholds Michigan?s Ban on Affirmative Action | Mediaite

A very good ruling. :clap2:

Of course, Obamacrat liberals are upset. They are losing every battle.

Unions - dead or dying
Affirmative Action - Dead or dying
Gun Control - dead
Amnesty- dead
Global Warming - dead

Obamacare- will be the next loss to add to the list.

The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment means AA has always been illegal and yet we've had it for 45 years.

I was sure when it passed years ago it would die out. I am glad........I can still use my veterans preference point rating.....lol

SCOTUS opens racism Pandora's box. Now all the bigot states will try to ban rights for non-whites.

In upholding a ban on the use of race in admission decisions at Michigan’s public universities, the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t end affirmative action — they just very strongly upheld the right of voters to ban it.
So whites make laws that keep blacks from voting, then vote to take their rights away. No blacks at the polls, no blacks in schools, no blacks in the work force.

Looks like SCOTUS is out to give themselves more cases to judge.

The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment means AA has always been illegal and yet we've had it for 45 years.

no it doesn't mean that. and perhaps you shouldn't opine about the constitution.

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

According to the tenth amendment i have more right to opine about the constitution than the supreme court does. Tell us where the federal constitution grants the SC the authority to rewrite the constitution.

Look for affirmative action college admissions to be MANDATED by executive order. Supreme Court? Supreme Court? He don' need no Supreme Court!

I saw Al Sharpton screaming more then usual on his show...
So this was a good ruling.

The SCOTUS today again ruled AGAINST AA in the Schuette vs. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action case.

It was well known for quite some time, this was coming. The new ruling wasn't even close. It was 6-2 against AA.

This followed on the heels of another SCOTUS ruling against AA, in the Ricci vs DeStefano case. Affirmative Action is as dead as a rock in the bottom of a pond. While it is now banned in 8 states, it is likely to be banned in many more, and wherever it isn't banned, victims of AA discrimination (whites, males, Asians) should file suit against the discriminators, and I'm certain they will do just that.

Supreme Court upholds ban on affirmative action in college admissions - Stephanie Simon and Josh Gerstein and Maggie Severns - POLITICO.com

The ruling wasn't actually against affirmative action, but don't let that change your racist delusions.

A very good ruling. :clap2:

Of course, Obamacrat liberals are upset. They are losing every battle.

Unions - dead or dying
Affirmative Action - Dead or dying
Gun Control - dead
Amnesty- dead
Global Warming - dead

Obamacare- will be the next loss to add to the list.

It is a good, sound decision. But not all of them have been great lately. Citizen's United and unlimited campaign contributions are going to be the death of democracy and the assurance of an oligarchy. Not something to celebrate at all.

Oh, and Citizen's United allows foreign interests to sculpt US internal policy without their having to be naturalized or swear the Oath of citizenship. Come on in Russia, Saudi Arabia, China. Have your way with our internal policies. I'm sure you'll be even handed when it comes to divvying up powerholds as a result of the elections you just bought... It's not like unscrupulous candidates would sell out their country for a foreign interest's gravy train...

SCOTUS opens racism Pandora's box. Now all the bigot states will try to ban rights for non-whites.

In upholding a ban on the use of race in admission decisions at Michigan’s public universities, the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t end affirmative action — they just very strongly upheld the right of voters to ban it.
So whites make laws that keep blacks from voting, then vote to take their rights away. No blacks at the polls, no blacks in schools, no blacks in the work force.

Looks like SCOTUS is out to end racial discrimination.

The ruling wasn't actually against affirmative action, but don't let that change your racist delusions.

When one state after another enacts constitutional amendments to ban AA. we'll see how effective word games are. As for racism, that's why the SCOTUS shot AA down. Because they know it's malicious racism - but don't let that change your racist delusions.

When one state after another enacts constitutional amendments to ban AA. we'll see how effective word games are. As for racism, that's why the SCOTUS shot AA down. Because they know it's malicious racism - but don't let that change your racist delusions.

It isn't a word game. SCOTUS did not rule against affirmative action, they ruled for voters being smart enough to make political decisions.

The SCOTUS ruling did nothing to weaken Federal Laws which make racial discrimination illegal. The Court simply said that the Federal Government had no right to order implementation of Affirmative Action, which is legislation granting minorities preferences in education and other areas. The Court left it up to the individual states to determine whether or not they wanted Affirmative Action.

In those states which reject Affirmative Action, Black applicants for college admission must be treated the same as White applicants for admissions. Colleges will not be allowed to discriminate against minorities because of their race, nor will they be required to give minorities special treatment based on race. For example, under Affirmative Action some colleges – including the one where I got my JD – reserve a number of seats for minorities. I believe the University of Florida law school reserved ten percent of its seats for minorities. This means that if the entering class was 300, 30 openings would be given to minorities even if it meant that Whites with superior qualifications would be denied admission. If Affirmative Action were ended, the most qualified applicants would be accepted and minorities would have to compete for admission the same as Whites.

Conclusion: (1) Racial discrimination is just as illegal as it was before the SCOTUS ruling; and (2) the SCOTUS did not rule against Affirmative Action but simple said that it was the right of individual states to determine if they wanted to implement it.

Forum List

Back