SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

I don't hate gays. It's just not a real marriage - and it's chipping away at the strength of our nation.

Where chaos rules; nations fail.
Equal protection is not chaos. WTF is wrong with you?

Same sex marriage is constitutional.

Those of you who don't like it: sux to be you, huh?
Everything has consequences. Has anyone thought of common law marriage and how this will come into play. There are many homosexual men that each make a large amount of money. If they live together as husband and husband whether they are married or not will this be considered as common law marriage. If their combined salary is over 400,000 a year will their tax rate not sky rocket.

What happens when two men live together and then split up in the states that have spousal support laws? This marriage thing will or could affect the situation where homosexual men or homosexual women live together even though they are not married. I am sure many homosexuals will be financially disappointed by this law and many will wish it did not exist.
Sounds like you looking to conjure up problems just to say "I told you so" Divorce and alimony are touchy and difficult subjects for all couples of all kinds. Alimony reform is long over due. I would guess that there is a need to develop case and statutory law to deal with new situations. It is not a reason to say that gays are going to regret marriage any more than a lot of straight people do at some point. Now be nice and wish them well.
The homosexual marriages does not affect me at all and I don't care one way or another. I do think that sometimes people seem to see things simplified. This is going to have a lot of complicated issues with it. I know for a fact many lawyers see dollar signs for them. If you know any tax lawyers ask them how many of these homosexual couples have called asking questions. There are no answers to give just yet.
There will be no complicated issues. There will be the same issues that courts have been dealing with for centuries. If a couple is married, they can file married. They have been able to do that for several years.
I don't really care if there are complicated issues with this. I just stated my opinion on what I know will be a obvious item.

Yep, way to go. call Obama and have him light up his white house again

snip:
After Gay Marriage Decision, Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses
By Polly Mosendz 6/26/15 at 4:40 PM
gay-marriage-mississippi.jpg

U.S.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution's guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages. However, Mississippi may not allow gay marriages to go through. Joshua Roberts/Reuters

Filed Under: U.S.
Mississippi is considering pulling the plug on issuing marriage licenses altogether after the Supreme Court struck down bans on gay marriage Friday morning.

As the state's governor and lieutenant governor condemned the court’s decision, state House Judiciary Chairman Andy Gipson began studying ways to prevent gay marriage in Mississippi. Governor Phil Bryant said he would do all he can "to protect and defend the religious freedoms of Mississippi.” To Bryant’s point of doing “all” the state could do, Gipson, who is a Baptist minister, suggested removing marriage licenses entirely.

all of it here:
http://www.newsweek.com/following-s...sissippi-may-stop-issuing-any-marriage-347740
Leave it to the brain-dead right to "save" marriage by abolishing it. :lmao:

This is over, far right.

Sigh and cry and lie and ask why. It does not matter.

This is over.

Same sex marriage is constitutional.

Those of you who don't like it: sux to be you, huh?
Everything has consequences. Has anyone thought of common law marriage and how this will come into play. There are many homosexual men that each make a large amount of money. If they live together as husband and husband whether they are married or not will this be considered as common law marriage. If their combined salary is over 400,000 a year will their tax rate not sky rocket.

What happens when two men live together and then split up in the states that have spousal support laws? This marriage thing will or could affect the situation where homosexual men or homosexual women live together even though they are not married. I am sure many homosexuals will be financially disappointed by this law and many will wish it did not exist.
Sounds like you looking to conjure up problems just to say "I told you so" Divorce and alimony are touchy and difficult subjects for all couples of all kinds. Alimony reform is long over due. I would guess that there is a need to develop case and statutory law to deal with new situations. It is not a reason to say that gays are going to regret marriage any more than a lot of straight people do at some point. Now be nice and wish them well.
The homosexual marriages does not affect me at all and I don't care one way or another. I do think that sometimes people seem to see things simplified. This is going to have a lot of complicated issues with it. I know for a fact many lawyers see dollar signs for them. If you know any tax lawyers ask them how many of these homosexual couples have called asking questions. There are no answers to give just yet.
There will be no complicated issues. There will be the same issues that courts have been dealing with for centuries. If a couple is married, they can file married. They have been able to do that for several years.
I don't really care if there are complicated issues with this. I just stated my opinion on what I know will be a obvious item.
So, now you say there won't be complicated issues? Can you make up your mind?

I don't hate gays. It's just not a real marriage - and it's chipping away at the strength of our nation.

Chaos will ensue when you try to make life fair for everyone. It's contrary to nature and can't happen.
Life had winners and losers. Enabling gays to believe their lifestyle is normal and healthy is doing a disservice to them as well.

Chaos will ensue when you try to make life fair for everyone. It's contrary to nature and can't happen.
Life had winners and losers. Enabling gays to believe their lifestyle is normal and healthy is doing a disservice to them as well.
Completely deranged. :cuckoo: This decision neither establishes gay lifestyles as normal nor healthy. What it does do is affirms that gays have the same fundamental right to marriage as straight folks.

You don't even know what you're arguing.

Completely deranged. :cuckoo: This decision neither establishes gay lifestyles as normal nor healthy. What it does do is affirms that gays have the same fundamental right to marriage as straight folks.

If you say so.... but marriage is defined by God, not government. God created marriage, not man. And he created woman for man for that purpose. He didn't tell Adam you have the option between. Also, you don't get to decide what we are "arguing"... just FYI.

If you say so.... but marriage is defined by God, not government. God created marriage, not man. And he created woman for man for that purpose. He didn't tell Adam you have the option between. Also, you don't get to decide what we are "arguing"... just FYI.
Government sanctioned marriage is created by the government and as such, it's the government's responsibility to ensure that fundamental right is protected for all. That is why the Supreme Court ruled as they did.

And who's telling you what you can or cannot argue?? Certainly, not I. I was pointing out you don't know what you're arguing. I never said you can't argue your strawman. :eusa_naughty:

Last edited:

We enable you to think that your hate is normal; that your are not a hateful bigot; that you are not a loser in that striving we all have to not be a complete asshole.

God did not create marriage, at least not in this country. Marriage is a legally created state with rights and responsibilities. And how could Adam have had an option when the only other person was a female? V

I mean a private life is exactly that, a private life. Who are you to judge someone else's love? What great calamity happens when you meet a homosexual?

In point of fact, you personally know homosexuals as neighbors, business associates, friends and family. Are you safe? Did they deign to mention your sexual behavior? Does it matter to them? Then why does it matter to you?

And there is plenty of heterosexual anal acts. Are heterosexuals just too straight laced to be kinky? Are you sure you have an Internet connection?

Opinions, they say, are similar to anuses. We all have one and yours stinks.

I don't want to run out a string about your attitude. It's not a good color on you dear. Keep it to yourself. Feel what it's like to get 'closeted'.
Fuck you too, heathen faggot.
Amazing what conservatives sink to when their hatreds are challenged
And ditto to you, heathen.
Gays are happy...you are miserable

Seems like a fair trade
But when do we take the next step and let libs marry their pet goat?????

After all, you are supposed to be anything you want in this country, according to the Libs, and the poor goats probably just think they're a human trapped in an animal body.....:badgrin:

Goats do not have constitutional rights
Homosexuals do

Nonsense.

No one is seeking to “make life fair for everyone,” the notion is utterly ridiculous.

The fundamental principles of due process and equal protection of the law are as old as the Republic itself, these principles are employed by the courts to determine the Constitutionality of laws and measures whose intent is to limit or deny citizens their fundamental rights, and failing to pass Constitutional muster, are invalidated by the courts in accordance with the Constitution and its case law.

The intent of these principles is not to “make life fair for everyone”; rather, their intent is to place important limits on the power and authority of the state thus safeguarding our civil liberties.

From yesterday's ruling:

“The nature of injustice is that we may not always see it in our own times. The generations that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment did not presume to know the extent of freedom in all of its dimensions, and so they entrusted to future generations a charter protecting the right of all persons to enjoy liberty as we learn its meaning. When new insight reveals discord between the Constitution’s central protections and a received legal stricture, a claim to liberty must be addressed.”

This has nothing to do with the issue before the court or the law in general.

Marriage is in fact defined by government, it is contract law written by the states and administered by state courts, contract law either same- or opposite-sex couples are eligible to enter into, where to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law violates the 14th Amendment.

Subjective and personal religious beliefs and dogma are completely devoid of legal merit, they have no bearing on matters of the law, nor does the law in any way interfere with personal, subjective religious beliefs.

This is a very important distinction that folks need to make - my husband and I just had a row about public opinion vs actual law not more than an hour ago heh

Government sanctioned marriage is created by the government and as such, it's the government's responsibility to ensure that fundamental right is protected for all. That is why the Supreme Court ruled as they did.

And who's telling you what you can or cannot argue?? Certainly, not I. I was pointing out you don't know what you're arguing. I never said you can't argue your strawman. :eusa_naughty:
Man can make laws and legalize what they want, but we will all ultimately answer to God. This is not a good thing for this country

Fuck you too, heathen faggot.
Amazing what conservatives sink to when their hatreds are challenged
And ditto to you, heathen.
Gays are happy...you are miserable

Seems like a fair trade
But when do we take the next step and let libs marry their pet goat?????

After all, you are supposed to be anything you want in this country, according to the Libs, and the poor goats probably just think they're a human trapped in an animal body.....:badgrin:

Goats do not have constitutional rights
Homosexuals do
Marriage is a contract. Consenting adults, one would expect, means human beings at or above the age of majority and having no existing next of kin relationship may enter into publicly issued licenses, attach signatures and seals and voilà! We have a contract.

So let's dispell the idiocy and answer all that's baffling you.

Goats aren't human so, there's strike one.

Siblings and incestuous situations fail because there's that pesky next of kin provision. Swing and a miss. Strike two.

Pedophilia is a sticky wicket (pardon the pun) for Homophobes. They freely associate pedophilia with homosexuality. Despite peer reviewed studies proving there is no ancillary behavior among homosexuals that tends toward children. Point of fact, most pedophiles identify as heterosexual.

Slider paints the low outside corner and that's the ballgame!

The legal status of homosexual citizens of the United States has been settled, but the cultural aspect still has to wither away as it surely will.

I'm just wondering why so many come back and ask the same inane questions as you have with your little pet goat. Perpetuating sterotypes that are culturally passé serves what noble purpose? I support your right to continue to weaken your credibility by tipping your hand and let us see the deuce, six, eight, ten and five you're holding. Speak up! It's your right. But you are being perceived as if you were in Black Face under the marquis at The Apollo.

Liberals 2: Conservative 0.

If this does not lead to a mass exodus of Cons headed for other shores, then we will simply have to get the court to invalidate Texas Anti-abortion laws....
They'll have trouble finding a country without same sex marriage. Their favorite, Israel, has same sex marriage. Maybe they should try Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Forum List

Back