SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

man did you all get duped: AGAIN. way to go

SNIP:
Published on Jun 26, 2015
Brian Lilley talks about the US Supreme Court decision making gay marriage legal in every state.

"This fight was lost a long time ago," he says. In Canada, same sex marriage was legalized a decade ago, and Lilley talks about the changes that brought to society. Laws have to be written; words like "husband" and "wife" have to be removed, along with the phrase "natural parent." But there's much more...

Yep, way to go. call Obama and have him light up his white house again

snip:
After Gay Marriage Decision, Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses
By Polly Mosendz 6/26/15 at 4:40 PM
gay-marriage-mississippi.jpg

U.S.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution's guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages. However, Mississippi may not allow gay marriages to go through. Joshua Roberts/Reuters

Filed Under: U.S.
Mississippi is considering pulling the plug on issuing marriage licenses altogether after the Supreme Court struck down bans on gay marriage Friday morning.

As the state's governor and lieutenant governor condemned the court’s decision, state House Judiciary Chairman Andy Gipson began studying ways to prevent gay marriage in Mississippi. Governor Phil Bryant said he would do all he can "to protect and defend the religious freedoms of Mississippi.” To Bryant’s point of doing “all” the state could do, Gipson, who is a Baptist minister, suggested removing marriage licenses entirely.

all of it here:
http://www.newsweek.com/following-s...sissippi-may-stop-issuing-any-marriage-347740

snip:

U.S.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution's guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages. However, Mississippi may not allow gay marriages to go through. Joshua Roberts/Reuters

Mississippi is considering pulling the plug on issuing marriage licenses altogether after the Supreme Court struck down bans on gay marriage Friday morning.

As the state's governor and lieutenant governor condemned the court’s decision, state House Judiciary Chairman Andy Gipson began studying ways to prevent gay marriage in Mississippi. Governor Phil Bryant said he would do all he can "to protect and defend the religious freedoms of Mississippi.” To Bryant’s point of doing “all” the state could do, Gipson, who is a Baptist minister, suggested removing marriage licenses entirely.

all of it here:
http://www.newsweek.com/following-s...sissippi-may-stop-issuing-any-marriage-347740

First Texas and now this...and it's the weekend

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:
What are they gonna do? Secede? They made the same noises when we made them stop having racist laws. They shut up and obeyed and will do so again.

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:

Texas? Where hundreds of gay couples have already married?

The far right will always scrape and bow, and they will claim next month that Marriage Equality was all their doing.

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:

Get up to date and the comment to me. Until then eat more fiber, you seem like maybe you're constipatted

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:

Get up to date and the comment to me. Until then eat more fiber, you seem like maybe you're constipatted
Seems you are the one full of shit. http://www.newsweek.com/texas-clerk...nses-following-scotus-decision-despite-347499

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:

Seems you are the one full of shit. http://www.newsweek.com/texas-clerk...nses-following-scotus-decision-despite-347499

There is a thread somewhere on what Texas is up to. Go look for it. Chop chop

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:
"Attorney General Jim Hood on Friday said the Supreme Court's decision will not take effect immediately in Mississippi because of a stay issued by the federal Fifth Circuit. But he said lifting the stay or issuing an order based on the high court ruling will be forthcoming soon and "circuit clerks will be required to issue same-sex marriage licenses...." So, the top law enforcement officer in that backwards ass state will direct clerks to follow the law.

snip:

U.S.

all of it here:

I did. I read about what some assholes claim they might do. Tough. They will follow the Supreme Court ruling. No choice. Get over it. You lost; freedom won.

Same sex marriage is constitutional.

Those of you who don't like it: sux to be you, huh?
Everything has consequences. Has anyone thought of common law marriage and how this will come into play. There are many homosexual men that each make a large amount of money. If they live together as husband and husband whether they are married or not will this be considered as common law marriage. If their combined salary is over 400,000 a year will their tax rate not sky rocket.

What happens when two men live together and then split up in the states that have spousal support laws? This marriage thing will or could affect the situation where homosexual men or homosexual women live together even though they are not married. I am sure many homosexuals will be financially disappointed by this law and many will wish it did not exist.
Sounds like you looking to conjure up problems just to say "I told you so" Divorce and alimony are touchy and difficult subjects for all couples of all kinds. Alimony reform is long over due. I would guess that there is a need to develop case and statutory law to deal with new situations. It is not a reason to say that gays are going to regret marriage any more than a lot of straight people do at some point. Now be nice and wish them well.
The homosexual marriages does not affect me at all and I don't care one way or another. I do think that sometimes people seem to see things simplified. This is going to have a lot of complicated issues with it. I know for a fact many lawyers see dollar signs for them. If you know any tax lawyers ask them how many of these homosexual couples have called asking questions. There are no answers to give just yet.

I did. I read about what some assholes claim they might do. Tough. They will follow the Supreme Court ruling. No choice. Get over it. You lost; freedom won.

Do you ever post or comment civilly? Now stop acting like you're hard ass Mensa material and perhaps YOU won't be viewed as an asshole

Do you ever post or comment civilly? Now stop acting like you're hard ass Mensa material and perhaps YOU won't be viewed as an asshole
I am civil to those who act civilly. You never have. You are hateful and arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. You suggested that something was happening in Texas to avoid this decision and I pointed out that hundreds of couples have married. How is that not civil? And Your response was civil?

I am civil to those who act civilly. You never have. You are hateful and arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. You suggested that something was happening in Texas to avoid this decision and I pointed out that hundreds of couples have married. How is that not civil? And Your response was civil?

whoosh, right over your head. Now go eat a puppy

Same sex marriage is constitutional.

Those of you who don't like it: sux to be you, huh?
Everything has consequences. Has anyone thought of common law marriage and how this will come into play. There are many homosexual men that each make a large amount of money. If they live together as husband and husband whether they are married or not will this be considered as common law marriage. If their combined salary is over 400,000 a year will their tax rate not sky rocket.

What happens when two men live together and then split up in the states that have spousal support laws? This marriage thing will or could affect the situation where homosexual men or homosexual women live together even though they are not married. I am sure many homosexuals will be financially disappointed by this law and many will wish it did not exist.
Sounds like you looking to conjure up problems just to say "I told you so" Divorce and alimony are touchy and difficult subjects for all couples of all kinds. Alimony reform is long over due. I would guess that there is a need to develop case and statutory law to deal with new situations. It is not a reason to say that gays are going to regret marriage any more than a lot of straight people do at some point. Now be nice and wish them well.
The homosexual marriages does not affect me at all and I don't care one way or another. I do think that sometimes people seem to see things simplified. This is going to have a lot of complicated issues with it. I know for a fact many lawyers see dollar signs for them. If you know any tax lawyers ask them how many of these homosexual couples have called asking questions. There are no answers to give just yet.
There will be no complicated issues. There will be the same issues that courts have been dealing with for centuries. If a couple is married, they can file married. They have been able to do that for several years.

whoosh, right over your head. Now go eat a puppy
Eat a what?

Forum List

Back