SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

Liberals 2: Conservative 0.

If this does not lead to a mass exodus of Cons headed for other shores, then we will simply have to get the court to invalidate Texas Anti-abortion laws....
They'll have trouble finding a country without same sex marriage. Their favorite, Israel, has same sex marriage. Maybe they should try Iran or Saudi Arabia.
Or one of those countries where they throw fairies off of tall buildings and watch 'em splash.

Yep, way to go. call Obama and have him light up his white house again

snip:
After Gay Marriage Decision, Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses
By Polly Mosendz 6/26/15 at 4:40 PM
gay-marriage-mississippi.jpg

U.S.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution's guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages. However, Mississippi may not allow gay marriages to go through. Joshua Roberts/Reuters

Filed Under: U.S.
Mississippi is considering pulling the plug on issuing marriage licenses altogether after the Supreme Court struck down bans on gay marriage Friday morning.

As the state's governor and lieutenant governor condemned the court’s decision, state House Judiciary Chairman Andy Gipson began studying ways to prevent gay marriage in Mississippi. Governor Phil Bryant said he would do all he can "to protect and defend the religious freedoms of Mississippi.” To Bryant’s point of doing “all” the state could do, Gipson, who is a Baptist minister, suggested removing marriage licenses entirely.

all of it here:
http://www.newsweek.com/following-s...sissippi-may-stop-issuing-any-marriage-347740

First Texas and now this...and it's the weekend
Texas? Where hundreds of gay couples have already married?

Get up to date and the comment to me. Until then eat more fiber, you seem like maybe you're constipatted
Seems you are the one full of shit. http://www.newsweek.com/texas-clerk...nses-following-scotus-decision-despite-347499

There is a thread somewhere on what Texas is up to. Go look for it. Chop chop

We've seen it....

...and you're an idiot if you believe it.

First Texas and now this...and it's the weekend

Get up to date and the comment to me. Until then eat more fiber, you seem like maybe you're constipatted
Seems you are the one full of shit. http://www.newsweek.com/texas-clerk...nses-following-scotus-decision-despite-347499

We've seen it....

Here in Texas we don't let no goddamed Yankee faggots tell us how to run things.

We've seen it....

Here in Texas we don't let no goddamed Yankee faggots tell us how to run things.

That's why guys just got gay-married there anyway, right?

We've seen it....

How should I know? I don't hang around with those cretins.

We've seen it....

So how did Texas let that happen? I thought they were supposed to be standing firm against this.

We've seen it....

So how did Texas let that happen? I thought they were supposed to be standing firm against this.
Me too but someone was sleeping while on guard.

We've seen it....

Me too but someone was sleeping while on guard.

Like your AG, maybe?

On Thursday Paxton told county clerks to wait for his directive following the Supreme Court ruling, indicating that he was considering defying a ruling in favor of same-sex marriage.

"To be clear — the law in the state of Texas is that marriage is one man and one woman, and the position of this office is that the United States Constitution clearly does not speak to any right to marriage other than one man and one woman and that the First Amendment clearly protects religious liberty and the right to believe in traditional marriage without facing discrimination," he said in a statement, according to the Texas Tribune.

But on Friday, Paxton said in the headline of his statement that the state would be "following high court’s flawed ruling."

Texas AG No Court No Law No Rule Will Change Definition Of Marriage

We've seen it....

Anthony Kennedy and the other four justices are straighter than you, ya old queen.

We've seen it....

Anthony Kennedy and the other four justices are straighter than you, ya old queen.
I got yer queen hangin', you limey bastard.

I'm not buying the same sex marriage over states rights argument as nazi-ism thing.

To go the other way and /allow/ same sex marriage ban would transform American into a theocracy, would it not?
I prefer One nation under God, to a nation manipulated by a secular Judiciary thinking it's "ordained".

Most dumbass comment so far. What do you think you mean, Shirley?
I mean a private life is exactly that, a private life. Who are you to judge someone else's love? What great calamity happens when you meet a homosexual?

In point of fact, you personally know homosexuals as neighbors, business associates, friends and family. Are you safe? Did they deign to mention your sexual behavior? Does it matter to them? Then why does it matter to you?

And there is plenty of heterosexual anal acts. Are heterosexuals just too straight laced to be kinky? Are you sure you have an Internet connection?

Opinions, they say, are similar to anuses. We all have one and yours stinks.

I don't want to run out a string about your attitude. It's not a good color on you dear. Keep it to yourself. Feel what it's like to get 'closeted'.
Fuck you too, heathen faggot.
Amazing what conservatives sink to when their hatreds are challenged
And ditto to you, heathen.
Gays are happy...you are miserable

Seems like a fair trade
Gays are bi-sexual and that means that homosexuality is a matter of CHOICE. "Gays" are not happy unless engaged in sexual activity. Most old people are just content to be alive.

*NOTE - there are no "super power" countries that allow Same Sex Marriage

Well given that we are the only Super Power nation in the world right now and we just legalized it, I'd say you are wrong. The only other nation that would even come close to Super Power status is Russia so if you toss them in it's still at 50%
God will likely remove the status. He once blessed us with.. When Kennedy allowed the Supreme Court to remove Prayer and Bible reading without any Presidential argument, God's judgment came rather swiftly.
Kennedy allowed the Supreme Court to remove Prayer and Bible reading
Those colors have meaning and here's proof.

... Gat hanky colors link removed for web safety concerns ...

COLOR WORN ON LEFT WORN ON RIGHT
BLACK heavy SM top heavy SM bottom
GREY bondage top fit to be tied!
BLUE, Light wants head cocksucker
BLUE, Robin's Egg 69er anything but 69ing
BLUE, Medium cop copsucker
BLUE, Navy fucker (top) fuckee (bottom)
BLUE, Airforce pilot/flight attendant likes flyboys
BLUE, Light w/WHITE Stripe sailor lookin' for salty seamen
BLUE, Teal cock & ball torturer cock & ball torturee
RED fist fucker fist fuckee
MAROON cuts bleeds
RED, Dark 2-handed fister 2-handed fistee
PINK, Light dildo fucker dildo fuckee
PINK, Dark tit torturer tit torturee
MAUVE into navel worshippers has a navel fetish
MAGENTA suck my pits armpit freak
PURPLE piercer piercee
LAVENDER likes drag queens drag queen
YELLOW pisser/WS piss freak
YELLOW, Pale spits drool crazy
MUSTARD hung 8"+ wants 8"+
GOLD two looking for one one looking for two
ORANGE anything anytime nothing now (just cruising)
APRICOT two tons o' fun chubby chaser
CORAL suck my toes shrimper (sucks toes)
RUST a cowboy a cowboy's horse
FUSCHIA spanker spankee
GREEN, Kelly hustler (for rent) john (looking to buy)
GREEN, Hunter daddy orphan boy looking for daddy
OLIVE DRAB military top military bottom
GREEN, Lime dines off tricks (food) dinner plate (will buy dinner)
BEIGE rimmer rimmee
BROWN scat top scat bottom
BROWN LACE uncut likes uncut
BROWN SATIN cut likes cut
CHARCOAL latex fetish top latex fetish bottom
GREY FLANNEL owns a suit likes men in suits
WHITE beat my meat (J/O) I'll do us both (J/O)
HOLSTEIN milker milkee
CREAM cums in condoms sucks cum out of condoms
BLACK w/WHITE Check safe sex top safe sex bottom
RED w/WHITE Stripe shaver shavee
RED w/BLACK Stripe furry bear likes bears
WHITE LACE likes white bottoms likes white tops
BLACK w/WHITE Stripe likes black bottoms likes black tops
BROWN w/WHITE Stripe likes latino bottoms likes latino tops
YELLOW w/WHITE Stripe likes asian bottoms likes asian tops
BLUE, Light w/WHITE Dots likes white suckers likes to suck whites
BLUE, Light w/BLACK Dots likes black suckers likes to suck blacks
BLUE, Light w/BROWN Dots likes latino suckers likes to suck latinos
BLUE, Light w/YELLOW Dots likes asian suckers likes to suck asians
RED/WHITE GINGHAM park sex top park sex bottom
BROWN CORDUROY headmaster student
PAISLEY wears boxer shorts likes boxer shorts
FUR bestialist top bestialist bottom
GOLD LAME likes muscleboy bottoms likes muscleboy tops
SILVER LAME starfucker celebrity
BLACK VELVET has/takes videos will perform for the camera
WHITE VELVET voyeur (likes to watch) will put on a show
LEOPARD has tattoos likes tattoos
TAN smokes cigars likes cigars
TEDDY BEAR cuddler cuddlee
KEWPIE DOLL chicken (under-aged) chicken hawk (likes young adolescents)
DIRTY JOCKSTRAP wears a dirty jock sucks dirty jocks clean
DOILY tearoom top (pours) tearoom bottom (drinks)
MOSQUITO NETTING outdoor sex top outdoor sex bottom
ZIPLOC BAG has drugs looking for drugs
COCKTAIL NAPKIN bartender bar groupie
KLEENEX stinks sniffs
KEYS IN FRONT has a car looking for a ride
KEYS IN BACK has a home needs a place to stay
HOUNDSTOOTH likes to nibble willing to be bitten
UNION JACK skinhead top skinhead bottom
CALICO new in town tourists welcome
TERRYCLOTH bathhouse top bathhouse bottom
WHITE w/MULTICOLOR Dots hosting an orgy looking for an orgy
The downfall of many a great civilization involved the rampant immoral sexuality and perversion in that culture.

Such as?

According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible
So a nation should avoid prosperity it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose.:cuckoo:

The downfall of many a great civilization involved the rampant immoral sexuality and perversion in that culture.

Such as?

According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible
So a nation should avoid prosperity because it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose?

Such as?

So a nation should avoid prosperity because it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose?
It should try to avoid crass materialism that comes with wealth, which breeds decadence, creating atomization and nihilism. I don't think there is a way for civilization to avoid this, short of putting less value on perpetual economic growth as the ultimate goal for a society. It seems to be the cycle of civilization, where unbridled prosperity eventually sinks into decadence and to the decline of civilization.

Acceptance of same sex marriage isn't a result of materialism or wealth though. It is a result of marriage becoming removed from procreation, and relationships becoming more transactional(about individual convenience and personal happiness). It is no surprise that a society that embraces single motherhood(40% of children are born out of wedlock) and rampant divorce(50% of marriages end in divorce) is indifferent to sam sex marriage.

AME®ICANO SAID:

“I would agree with alternative, civil union. Because what they got now it's not marriage.”

Wrong.

Separate but equal is just as repugnant to the Constitution and denying same-sex couples their right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Forum List

Back