SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

Don't ever put words in my mouth. You are better than that.

I have said that God has no problem with this, only some of his mistaken followers.

No one is saying you have to believe what we believe.

I am saying that your opinion about God is merely your opinion.

Time will prove you wrong, I believe.

I'm not entirely sure why people can't understand the scripture below. It's from the New Testament.

Romans 1:26-27
Because of this, God gave them to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Don't ever put words in my mouth. You are better than that.

I have said that God has no problem with this, only some of his mistaken followers.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth - I was asking a question.

Care to elaborate on that inane assertion??

RE: passage of the Gay Marriage law...

I said above, we have a motto of "One Nation Under God" - we are not "under God" if we keep ignoring what He says, and making our own rules of what is right and wrong. If we are willing to submit and surrender to His will, we are guaranteed an abundant life. But remember, our life is NOT just our years on this Earth. Our lives are ETERNAL.

God WILL punish those that do not listen to him. He did it to the Israelites. Why would he not do it to US?
Again, this is subjective religious dogma, completely irrelevant – having no legal merit whatsoever.

You're right, but Bonzi obviously doesn't give two shits, so you're kinda wasting your keystrokes explaining that.

I get it.

But what you 2 don't understand is God is eternal, we are not.
God matters more than the law of the land.

Anyway that thinks lawmakers are perfect and what passes as law is always correct is just a moron.
There are many who do not believe in G-d. While you and I would disagree with them, they are fortunate to live in a non-theocratic nation which does not force religious doctrine upon them. At the same time, this great nation does believe everyone is entitled to their rights, regardless of where each individual believes those rights come from. Friday's decision exemplified that as the government stood up and protected the fundamental right of marriage for a group of people for whom it was previously denied.

Whether one is anti-gay or not, we should all be applauding the government protecting our rights. In this case, it benefited gays ... next time, it could benefit you.

What amazes me (not really) is the hypocrisy of the right. They usually champion reduced regulations and government staying out of privacy issues and increased individual liberty ... but apparently they don't extend those beliefs for people they feel are violating the Bible.

Drama queen
Lol at this nerdy faggot.
Steinie, you are a drama queen we like to tease. Never go away.
I bet you could suck a golf ball out of a garden hose.
Wouldn't you like to find out?
I bet you don't even have the courtesy to give a reach around you potato eating faggot.
I bet you do.

Care to elaborate on that inane assertion??

I said above, we have a motto of "One Nation Under God" - we are not "under God" if we keep ignoring what He says, and making our own rules of what is right and wrong. If we are willing to submit and surrender to His will, we are guaranteed an abundant life. But remember, our life is NOT just our years on this Earth. Our lives are ETERNAL.

God WILL punish those that do not listen to him. He did it to the Israelites. Why would he not do it to US?
Again, this is subjective religious dogma, completely irrelevant – having no legal merit whatsoever.

You're right, but Bonzi obviously doesn't give two shits, so you're kinda wasting your keystrokes explaining that.

I get it.

Anyway that thinks lawmakers are perfect and what passes as law is always correct is just a moron.
There are many who do not believe in G-d. While you and I would disagree with them, they are fortunate to live in a non-theocratic nation which does not force religious doctrine upon them. At the same time, this great nation does believe everyone is entitled to their rights, regardless of where each individual believes those rights come from. Friday's decision exemplified that as the government stood up and protected the fundamental right of marriage for a group of people for whom it was previously denied.

Whether one is anti-gay or not, we should all be applauding the government protecting our rights. In this case, it benefited gays ... next time, it could benefit you.

What amazes me (not really) is the hypocrisy of the right. They usually champion reduced regulations and government staying out of privacy issues and increased individual liberty ... but apparently they don't extend those beliefs for people they feel are violating the Bible.

I still contend that by treating homosexuality as if it were natural - is doing a disservice.
We have allowed society to convince us that it's just as natural and normal as heterosexual relationships.

There is a thread somewhere on what Texas is up to. Go look for it. Chop chop

We've seen it....

...and you're an idiot if you believe it.
Here in Texas we don't let no goddamed Yankee faggots tell us how to run things.
Anthony Kennedy and the other four justices are straighter than you, ya old queen.
I got yer queen hangin', you limey bastard.
Limey? You that fucking stupid as to not know that a Limey is English; not Irish?

I get it.

I still contend that by treating homosexuality as if it were natural - is doing a disservice.
We have allowed society to convince us that it's just as natural and normal as heterosexual relationships.
It is more natural than your hate and bigotry.

I get it.

Do I need to quote Romans again?

I don't hate homosexuals. I love them, and want them to realize that denying their perverse feelings for the same sex will be beneficial to them... and, mostly, turning to God and relying on him for strength to live for Him.

I get it.

Do I need to quote Romans again?

I don't hate homosexuals. I love them, and want them to realize that denying their perverse feelings for the same sex will be beneficial to them... and, mostly, turning to God and relying on him for strength to live for Him.
Your God is a bigoted asshole like you. You created a God in your image and it is an ugly image.

I get it.

You're still arguing a strawman. Straight folks are not contending gay sex is natural. Get past your strawman.

I'm not buying the same sex marriage over states rights argument as nazi-ism thing.

To go the other way and /allow/ same sex marriage ban would transform American into a theocracy, would it not?
I prefer One nation under God, to a nation manipulated by a secular Judiciary thinking it's "ordained".
Then move to Uganda

She just stated she loves homosexuals but doesn't agree with their lifestyle choice. How is that 'bigoted'?
The "lifestyle choice" part. It's not only bigoted but just plain stupid!

Well, to be fair, nobody has to agree with it. That does not give them the right to discriminate though, IMO. This is all just based on religious mumbo jumbo. If you remove ancient religious beliefs from the equation, there is absolutely NO valid reason to object to SSM.

Have a wall of text Bonzi,

Romans 13:1-5 ESV
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

I submit, that according to your bible, God doesn't agree with your position on LGBT issues.

tons more here said:
Titus 3:1 ESV
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

Romans 2:13 ESV
For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

1 Peter 2:13-17 ESV
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Matthew 5:17-19 ESV
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Romans 3:31 ESV
Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

Luke 20:25 ESV
He said to them, “Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.”

Proverbs 28:1-28 ESV
Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law strive against them. Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely. ...

Matthew 7:23 ESV
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

1 Timothy 3:1-16 ESV
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? ...

Mark 12:13-17 ESV
And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to trap him in his talk. And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone's opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?” But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar's.” Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.” And they marveled at him.

Galatians 5:14 ESV
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 24:1-51 ESV
Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. ...

KJV

Hebrews 13:17 - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you.

Romans 13:1 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Romans 13:1-5 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. (Read More...)

Acts 5:29 - Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Romans 13:2 - Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Titus 3:1 - Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Ephesians 6:1-4 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. (Read More...)

Romans 13:1-14 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. (Read More...)

Romans 13:3 - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

1 Peter 2:13-15 - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; (Read More...)

Romans 13:1-7 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. (Read More...)

Titus 3:1 - Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Acts 5:29 - Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Luke 20:25 - And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

1 John 2:4 - He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:4 - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 Peter 2:14 - Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Luke 16:13 - No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Last edited:
Your God is a bigoted asshole like you. You created a God in your image and it is an ugly image.

God loves you even though you don't love him. God IS love, he will never let you down or leave you... but if you don't want that unconditional love and promise of eternal life, that is your choice.

EVERYONE can have that! Everyone SHOULD have it, not because I say so, but because it's the ONLY think n life worth living for (God) -

submit, that according to your bible, God doesn't agree with your position on LGBT issues.

If between God's law and Man's we must always follow God's law.
We do have the choice to live under the law of the land, or to leave that land. Granted.
But just because 9 people agree to make Homosexuality legal, doesn't mean God approves.
God may have put them there, but we all still have free will, and often do wrong with it.

Forum List

Back