SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

This is over, far right.

Sigh and cry and lie and ask why. It does not matter.

This is over.

The new fight is for the faithful to try and subordinate civil law to religion. All to deny goods, services, housing, employment, etc to gays.

There seems to be one consistent axiom in the conservative conception of freedom: it almost always involves treating someone else like a piece of shit.

Will the Catholic Church be told they must marry gays?

No, stupid.
Can you guarantee the Church will be exempt? Because you fucking libs and gay atheists will demand it in the courts."
Yes, guaranteed:

"t must be emphasized that religions, and those who adhere to religious doctrines, may continue to advocate with utmost, sincere conviction that, by divine precepts, same-sex marriage should not be condoned. The First Amendment ensures that religious organizations and persons are given proper protection as they seek to teach the principles that are so fulfilling and so central to their lives and faiths, and to their own deep aspirations to continue the family structure they have long revered.”

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

And yes, you are indeed stupid; as liberal Catholics correctly understand that they can agree with the Court's decision concerning the right of gay Americans to marry while also adhering to their faith's tenet prohibiting the sacrament of marriage being afforded to same-sex couples.

Care to elaborate on that inane assertion??

RE: passage of the Gay Marriage law...

I said above, we have a motto of "One Nation Under God" - we are not "under God" if we keep ignoring what He says, and making our own rules of what is right and wrong. If we are willing to submit and surrender to His will, we are guaranteed an abundant life. But remember, our life is NOT just our years on this Earth. Our lives are ETERNAL.

God WILL punish those that do not listen to him. He did it to the Israelites. Why would he not do it to US?
Again, this is subjective religious dogma, completely irrelevant – having no legal merit whatsoever.

This is over, far right.

Sigh and cry and lie and ask why. It does not matter.

This is over.

The new fight is for the faithful to try and subordinate civil law to religion. All to deny goods, services, housing, employment, etc to gays.

There seems to be one consistent axiom in the conservative conception of freedom: it almost always involves treating someone else like a piece of shit.

You also have to include acting as if they're the ones being treated like shit while doing it to others, though. They're always the victim, y'know.

I said above, we have a motto of "One Nation Under God" - we are not "under God" if we keep ignoring what He says, and making our own rules of what is right and wrong. If we are willing to submit and surrender to His will, we are guaranteed an abundant life. But remember, our life is NOT just our years on this Earth. Our lives are ETERNAL.

God WILL punish those that do not listen to him. He did it to the Israelites. Why would he not do it to US?
Again, this is subjective religious dogma, completely irrelevant – having no legal merit whatsoever.

You're right, but Bonzi obviously doesn't give two shits, so you're kinda wasting your keystrokes explaining that.

You're right, but Bonzi obviously doesn't give two shits, so you're kinda wasting your keystrokes explaining that.

I get it.

But what you 2 don't understand is God is eternal, we are not.
God matters more than the law of the land.

Anyway that thinks lawmakers are perfect and what passes as law is always correct is just a moron.

The downfall of many a great civilization involved the rampant immoral sexuality and perversion in that culture.

Such as?

According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible
So a nation should avoid prosperity because it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose?

It's a tendency for Nations to do this. If people cared to learn from History, they would not becoming increasingly liberal. But, with wealth, comes arrogance and with arrogance, comes thinking you know better than God so you start changing the rules.

The Bible does not supersede the Constitution as law in America.

If you live by man's laws and base your life on laws and what politicians say I agree.
I don't, and neither should anyone else.

It would be like going into the Garden of Eden right after Adam and Eve ate the fruit and saying, I think I'll go with Adam and Eve... forget this guy that created all this....

Pedophilia is a sticky wicket (pardon the pun) for Homophobes. They freely associate pedophilia with homosexuality. Despite peer reviewed studies proving there is no ancillary behavior among homosexuals that tends toward children. Point of fact, most pedophiles identify as heterosexual.

The connect/comparison is that both are perversions.

People knew and recognized it as such, but over time, morals decay and people accept things they once never would..... then call it progress.

I'm sure as much as you think pedophilia is offensive etc., others felt that way about homosexuals, and, both are perversions.

If you live by man's laws and base your life on laws and what politicians say I agree.

It would be like going into the Garden of Eden right after Adam and Eve ate the fruit and saying, I think I'll go with Adam and Eve... forget this guy that created all this....
Sigh. We don't live in a theocracy, we won't live in a theocracy, and our grandchildren will wonder at was all the fuss about.

No, only in the minds of the perverse is homosexuality a perversion. To deny the right to marriage is a religious perversion.

Sigh. We don't live in a theocracy, we won't live in a theocracy, and our grandchildren will wonder at was all the fuss about.

Jake - I understand these are laws that are being passed, I'm simply saying they are wrong and detrimental.

Jake - I understand these are laws that are being passed, I'm simply saying they are wrong and detrimental.
In your opinion. That is not a fact. To deny marriage equality is religious perversion.

No, only in the minds of the perverse is homosexuality a perversion. To deny the right to marriage is a religious perversion.

30 years ago, you would have agreed with the majority that homosexuality was a perversion and unnatural. Why? Because "everyone else" thought so and that's that the experts were saying etc. etc.

There are all kinds of perversions, many of them heterosexual, people practice them behind closed doors and so on, yet, they are still perversions and offensive to God. Still sins.

As I have stated before JS, I'm not saying Man can't make his own rules and enact them as Law.
I am saying, they are not healthy for this Nation or Mankind.

In your opinion. That is not a fact.

I believe them to be factual. This will prove out over time - -it will not be settled between you and I.....

As a youngster I and my friends thought segregation was correct. By the time I was a mid teen, I realized that was hooey. I though women should never be in leadership positions. After years in the military, I found that to be stupid.

Your analogy is flawed. Time only shows contrasts not correctness.

In our secular society for now, it has been settled.

We judge behaviors, God judges morality, and I trust God.

As a youngster I and my friends thought segregation was correct.

Your analogy is flawed. Time only shows contrasts not correctness.

Like I said, this ill all prove out over time. Once again I disagree, I think what I am saying makes more sense that most people care to admit (and most never will) - but they are not my words, the are God's principles and I will stand behind them.

You and others don't have to follow them, I have already said that.

No one is saying you have to believe what we believe.

I am saying that your opinion about God is merely your opinion.

Time will prove you wrong, I believe.

In our secular society for now, it has been settled.

We judge behaviors, God judges morality, and I trust God.

God judges everything.
So you are of the believe that God approves of homosexual marriage?
Or are you saying it doesn't matter that God thinks of it?

Forum List

Back