SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person.

The Levitical laws were broken into 3 groups. I won't bore you with the details (unless you want to hear them) but suffice it to say, homosexuality and it's sinfulness is addressed in both the Old and New Testament.

Am I going to say I never sin? No, of course not. To someone that doesn't believe in God, sin should not even be an issue - and for the record, I don't tell people they are going to hell. That is not my call to make. I can only tell them there is a better life for them... through Christ Jesus.
Sad to say Bonzi but they won't change their mind about this stuff. I find it heartbreaking that the US will be judged as a goat nation. I always thought there was no way America would turn their back on God and Israel but it did. I learned recently that it is taught in 8th grade health class that anal sex is totally fine. As I have said before I do not hear people who are supporting this saying yeah I am one of them, that is still too far to step out but gee I think those people OVER THERE can do what they want. No one who has an abortion is shouting it to the world and the people who have are emotionally rocked over it for the rest of their lives. This is a major shift of end times, let the chaff fall away from the wheat.

Isaiah 5:20-30New International Version (NIV)

20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.
22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
but deny justice to the innocent.
24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty
and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore the Lord’s anger burns against his people;
his hand is raised and he strikes them down.
The mountains shake,
and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets.
Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away,
his hand is still upraised.
26 He lifts up a banner for the distant nations,
he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!
27 Not one of them grows tired or stumbles,
not one slumbers or sleeps;
not a belt is loosened at the waist,
not a sandal strap is broken.
28 Their arrows are sharp,
all their bows are strung;
their horses’ hooves seem like flint,
their chariot wheels like a whirlwind.
29 Their roar is like that of the lion,
they roar like young lions;
they growl as they seize their prey
and carry it off with no one to rescue.
30 In that day they will roar over it
like the roaring of the sea.
And if one looks at the land,
there is only darkness and distress;
even the sun will be darkened by clouds.

America...Love it or leave it as the conservative war monger said to the hippies in the 60s. Your turn now

Far-Right: Flee America Before God Destroys Us For Gay Marriage! Submitted by Brian Tashman on Friday, 6/26/2015 2:15 pm Religious Right activists have compared today’s gay marriage ruling to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and Pearl Harbor, warning of imminent divine judgment and civil war. “No matter what, the Court’s ruling does not upend millenia of truth,” former Rep. Michele Bachmann said. “Many Americans will choose to follow God’s ways rather than this Court and they should suffer no penalty for doing so. The Court has flung open the gate to lawsuits from those pushing the gay agenda against those who disagree with same sex marriage.” Rep. Louie Gohmert said God will withdraw his protection from America: Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, reacted with guns blzaing, calling the ruling a “civilization-changing decision that destroys our nation’s heritage of Biblical marriage. May God forgive our Supreme Court majority for its arrogance and its self-apotheosis.” - See more at: Far-Right Flee America Before God Destroys Us For Gay Marriage Right Wing Watch

Or fight to change it....

we will not go quietly into the night....

So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person.

The Levitical laws were broken into 3 groups. I won't bore you with the details (unless you want to hear them) but suffice it to say, homosexuality and it's sinfulness is addressed in both the Old and New Testament.

Am I going to say I never sin? No, of course not. To someone that doesn't believe in God, sin should not even be an issue - and for the record, I don't tell people they are going to hell. That is not my call to make. I can only tell them there is a better life for them... through Christ Jesus.
Sad to say Bonzi but they won't change their mind about this stuff. I find it heartbreaking that the US will be judged as a goat nation. I always thought there was no way America would turn their back on God and Israel but it did. I learned recently that it is taught in 8th grade health class that anal sex is totally fine. As I have said before I do not hear people who are supporting this saying yeah I am one of them, that is still too far to step out but gee I think those people OVER THERE can do what they want. No one who has an abortion is shouting it to the world and the people who have are emotionally rocked over it for the rest of their lives. This is a major shift of end times, let the chaff fall away from the wheat.

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

America...Love it or leave it as the conservative war monger said to the hippies in the 60s. Your turn now

Far-Right: Flee America Before God Destroys Us For Gay Marriage! Submitted by Brian Tashman on Friday, 6/26/2015 2:15 pm Religious Right activists have compared today’s gay marriage ruling to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and Pearl Harbor, warning of imminent divine judgment and civil war. “No matter what, the Court’s ruling does not upend millenia of truth,” former Rep. Michele Bachmann said. “Many Americans will choose to follow God’s ways rather than this Court and they should suffer no penalty for doing so. The Court has flung open the gate to lawsuits from those pushing the gay agenda against those who disagree with same sex marriage.” Rep. Louie Gohmert said God will withdraw his protection from America: Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, reacted with guns blzaing, calling the ruling a “civilization-changing decision that destroys our nation’s heritage of Biblical marriage. May God forgive our Supreme Court majority for its arrogance and its self-apotheosis.” - See more at: Far-Right Flee America Before God Destroys Us For Gay Marriage Right Wing Watch

You are already gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Fight what? It's done. Gay marriage is the law of the land and it's here to stay.

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Fight what? It's done. Gay marriage is the law of the land and it's here to stay.

Laws never change?

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Laws never change?
Evidently the biblical ones don't.

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Laws never change?

Nice seque (or diversion) - we can discuss changing of Federal Laws or Biblical Laws, but let's do them one at a time...

We all have (or should have) freedom of speech and expression.
Shut up and fall in line hardly exemplifies that.......

Free speech? Trying to keep marriage between gay people illegal is NOT free speech.

Sorry but it is free speech. One has just as much right to say their beliefs as anyone else.
I see... so we are focusing on the new covenant. Good so do I.

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Think that over. He's pointing out three of the old rules and telling them to "let no one pass judgment on you regarding those rules... However, he follows with stating that these are a shadow of things to come.. IOW there may be more rules that should not be judged by man, and the substance of which should or should not be judged by man belongs to Christ, not man. You'll note he's not talking about the commandments but rather these types of jewish rules. You'll note that the rule about gays is right next to the rule about pork.

I said Covenants, not Testaments
Point?

I think the point is you have no idea what you are talking about. Covenants and Testaments are two different things. While I'm at it though homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. I see the point you are trying to make, people pick their sins, but in essence you are doing the same thing. Sin is sin.
Wow. You must be really smart to be able to judge do many things about me over the internet through a couple posts! Can I have your autograph?

You are not god. You don't get to "disqualify" others. The substance belongs to Christ, not you, and not some rabbis from TWO THOUSAND YEARS BACK. Folks like you that sit around casting stones at gays telling them god does not love them because they are sinners... yeah... put your stone down and let Jesus decide whether the substance of their love for another man is a sin or not. Let go of your homophobia... let it go.

I never disqualified anyone, I simply pointed out eating bacon isn't a sin. Now you're all butt hurt

Free speech is saying you disagree with something or whatever. Once you insert yourself and try to force your opinions on others, that is not free speech anymore. I still wonder why you think you have the right to dictate to other people how they should live their lives. You are entitled to your beliefs but not to force them on anyone else.

Laws never change?

Nice seque (or diversion) - we can discuss changing of Federal Laws or Biblical Laws, but let's do them one at a time...
I've got an idea.. why don't we agree to keep them separate and not try to establish some particular religion's biblical laws as the federal laws of the land.

We all have (or should have) freedom of speech and expression.
Shut up and fall in line hardly exemplifies that.......

Free speech? Trying to keep marriage between gay people illegal is NOT free speech.

Sorry but it is free speech. One has just as much right to say their beliefs as anyone else.
I said Covenants, not Testaments
Point?

I think the point is you have no idea what you are talking about. Covenants and Testaments are two different things. While I'm at it though homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. I see the point you are trying to make, people pick their sins, but in essence you are doing the same thing. Sin is sin.
Wow. You must be really smart to be able to judge do many things about me over the internet through a couple posts! Can I have your autograph?

You are not god. You don't get to "disqualify" others. The substance belongs to Christ, not you, and not some rabbis from TWO THOUSAND YEARS BACK. Folks like you that sit around casting stones at gays telling them god does not love them because they are sinners... yeah... put your stone down and let Jesus decide whether the substance of their love for another man is a sin or not. Let go of your homophobia... let it go.

I never disqualified anyone, I simply pointed out eating bacon isn't a sin. Now you're all butt hurt

Free speech is saying you disagree with something or whatever. Once you insert yourself and try to force your opinions on others, that is not free speech anymore. I still wonder why you think you have the right to dictate to other people how they should live their lives. You are entitled to your beliefs but not to force them on anyone else.

What? What does that have to do with eating bacon?

Laws never change?

I've got an idea.. why don't we agree to keep them separate and not try to establish some particular religion's biblical laws as the federal laws of the land.

Then no cakes if the baker doesn't want to, right?

All these posts and paddymurphy has my favorite....

"Shut up and fall in line"

Oh my, that is priceless! :thewave:
Some of you will continue to be hateful bigots. The civil rights decisions and laws of the fifties a new sixties did not prevent the continuation of the KKK and other racists. You will continue to whine and moan and condemn but the rest of us, the majority who reject your hate, will move ahead. You will be part of that petulant minority who cling to your prejudices.

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Laws never change?
They seldom change to take rights away from people.

and good evil,
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
The mountains shake,
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!

Laws never change?
Supreme Court decisions typically require a Constitutional amendment to overturn them. That certainly won't be a viable option given a minimum of 3/4ths of the states are required to ratify such an amendment and gay marriage was already legal in 3/4ths of the states.

So what else ya got?

Forum List

Back