SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person.

The Levitical laws were broken into 3 groups. I won't bore you with the details (unless you want to hear them) but suffice it to say, homosexuality and it's sinfulness is addressed in both the Old and New Testament.

Am I going to say I never sin? No, of course not. To someone that doesn't believe in God, sin should not even be an issue - and for the record, I don't tell people they are going to hell. That is not my call to make. I can only tell them there is a better life for them... through Christ Jesus.
And eating pork was right next to homosexual acts. It's old Jewish rabbinical laws written by men.

Who are we to say a gay man can't be gay and be in a church of god at the same time? I see this as very similar to cloven hoof and Sabbath type rules that pick which day is the Sabbath and what keeping the Sabbath means. IMO men can sometimes get overzealous with their definitions of what is good or bad. I look at the ten commandments and I compare those to eating pork... and I have to say.. hmm..

Last edited:
There are no laws saying that people must eat pork. There are no laws that say all restaurants must serve pork. There are no protests against restaurants forcing them to serve pork.

Are you Paddy's boyfriend?
60% of Americans support marriage equality. The vast majority are, like me, straight. You really are a stupid POS.

paddy ... I'm sorry this is so upsetting to you. I could reveal things about my personal life that I'm sure would change your opinion about me, but, I don't think that is necessary here.

Others may disagree with me, and that's fine. My hope is that all would find and have their eyes opened to God and following Him. What I say is what I know to be true in my heart. Others have equally strong convictions to the contrary, but, as an agent of God, I feel I must speak Truth. Regardless of the opposition I come up against. Not to be a contrarian or to cause arguments and hate, but, because I love God.

I assure you. My love is real.

Well, then you wouldn't want to discriminate against other human beings, also creations of God, according to your beliefs. :D

Everyone should experience and has God's love available to them.
I guess people have different definitions of love. Here is something (ironically) that showed up in my email this morning....
Today's Scripture "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6
Thoughts for Today. In today's world, unity and tolerance have become goals within themselves. Peace at any cost. All ways lead to God. Live and let live. Such "tolerant" attitudes actually lead to intolerance of anyone who claims to have the answer.
Jesus made it clear that he is the only way to God, the only way to real peace. Indeed, in Isaiah 9:6 he is called the Prince of Peace. Although God calls us to love all people, for us to seek unity and peace by agreeing that other faiths can lead to God is to deny our own faith; and to deny Jesus.
Consider this …
As Christians, we are not expressing Christ-like love when we are willing to accept the beliefs of those who deny Christ or live sinful lifestyles as OK; all for the sake of unity and peace. We need to express Jesus' love by loving people where they are, by building relationships with them and … as the Holy Spirit leads … by sharing the truths of the Gospel with them. Jesus is the only answer.

No one has to believe this. But I hope they would and/or would consider it instead of dismissing it out of hand.

I have been on both sides (I used to be an atheist/agnostic)
So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person. Maybe put down the stones? Just sayin.

Eating bacon isn't a sin...and never was for gentiles

There are no laws saying that people must eat pork. There are no laws that say all restaurants must serve pork. There are no protests against restaurants forcing them to serve pork.
There is no argument that everyone has to marry the same gender; there is no law saying all churches must marry gay couples; there are not protests about churches that do not marry gay couples.

People. This god crap is getting really stupid. Actually it has been all along. Everyone needs to take a time out, go back and read the OP and get focused

you don't like it, leave. You aren't the BOSS
the Supremes can't FORCE a state to do JACK SHIT. so you all can stop with your wet dreaming over all this

Nor are there any laws saying people must be gay. Nor are there any laws saying restaurant owners must be gay. Nor are there any protests against restaurants that are not gay.

60% of Americans support marriage equality. The vast majority are, like me, straight. You really are a stupid POS.

paddy ... I'm sorry this is so upsetting to you. I could reveal things about my personal life that I'm sure would change your opinion about me, but, I don't think that is necessary here.

Others may disagree with me, and that's fine. My hope is that all would find and have their eyes opened to God and following Him. What I say is what I know to be true in my heart. Others have equally strong convictions to the contrary, but, as an agent of God, I feel I must speak Truth. Regardless of the opposition I come up against. Not to be a contrarian or to cause arguments and hate, but, because I love God.

Well, then you wouldn't want to discriminate against other human beings, also creations of God, according to your beliefs. :D

I guess people have different definitions of love. Here is something (ironically) that showed up in my email this morning....
Today's Scripture "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6
Thoughts for Today. In today's world, unity and tolerance have become goals within themselves. Peace at any cost. All ways lead to God. Live and let live. Such "tolerant" attitudes actually lead to intolerance of anyone who claims to have the answer.
Jesus made it clear that he is the only way to God, the only way to real peace. Indeed, in Isaiah 9:6 he is called the Prince of Peace. Although God calls us to love all people, for us to seek unity and peace by agreeing that other faiths can lead to God is to deny our own faith; and to deny Jesus.
Consider this …
As Christians, we are not expressing Christ-like love when we are willing to accept the beliefs of those who deny Christ or live sinful lifestyles as OK; all for the sake of unity and peace. We need to express Jesus' love by loving people where they are, by building relationships with them and … as the Holy Spirit leads … by sharing the truths of the Gospel with them. Jesus is the only answer.

No one has to believe this. But I hope they would and/or would consider it instead of dismissing it out of hand.

So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person. Maybe put down the stones? Just sayin.

talking about moving the goal posts... yes eating bacon is a sin according to the bible... it's right next to gay sex acts being a sin.

Consider this …

talking about moving the goal posts... yes eating bacon is a sin according to the bible... it's right next to gay sex acts being a sin.

It's no longer a sin, the New Covenant changed the Jewish dietary and ceremonial laws. Sorry, you can't win this one.

Consider this …

It's no longer a sin, the New Covenant changed the Jewish dietary and ceremonial laws. Sorry, you can't win this one.
I see... so we are focusing on the new covenant. Good so do I.

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Think that over. He's pointing out three of the old rules and telling them to "let no one pass judgment on you regarding those rules... However, he follows with stating that these are a shadow of things to come.. IOW there may be more rules that should not be judged by man, and the substance of which should or should not be judged by man belongs to Christ, not man. You'll note he's not talking about the commandments but rather these types of jewish rules. You'll note that the rule about gays is right next to the rule about pork.

Edit to add... it's not about winning or loosing it's about throwing stones or taking a breath and asking what would Jesus say / do today, two thousand years later.

Consider this …

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Think that over. He's pointing out three of the old rules and telling them to "let no one pass judgment on you regarding those rules... However, he follows with stating that these are a shadow of things to come.. IOW there may be more rules that should not be judged by man, and the substance of which should or should not be judged by man belongs to Christ, not man. You'll note he's not talking about the commandments but rather these types of jewish rules. You'll note that the rule about gays is right next to the rule about pork.

I said Covenants, not Testaments

People. This god crap is getting really stupid. Actually it has been all along. Everyone needs to take a time out, go back and read the OP and get focused

the Supremes can't FORCE a state to do JACK SHIT. so you all can stop with your wet dreaming over all this
Stupid AND boring

Point?

Point?

I think the point is you have no idea what you are talking about. Covenants and Testaments are two different things. While I'm at it though homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. I see the point you are trying to make, people pick their sins, but in essence you are doing the same thing. Sin is sin.

We've seen it....

...and you're an idiot if you believe it.

Consider this …

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but in our secular society that doesn't give you the go ahead to trample over other people's rights. No matter how you slice it, these are human beings who are living in America and entitled to the same rights as everyone else regardless of whether or not you "approve" of them.

So if you eat bacon you're living a sinful life... but pissing all over gays telling them they are gonna go to hell that's being a good person.

The Levitical laws were broken into 3 groups. I won't bore you with the details (unless you want to hear them) but suffice it to say, homosexuality and it's sinfulness is addressed in both the Old and New Testament.

Am I going to say I never sin? No, of course not. To someone that doesn't believe in God, sin should not even be an issue - and for the record, I don't tell people they are going to hell. That is not my call to make. I can only tell them there is a better life for them... through Christ Jesus.
And eating pork was right next to homosexual acts. It's old Jewish rabbinical laws written by men.

Who are we to say a gay man can't be gay and be in a church of god at the same time? I see this as very similar to cloven hoof and Sabbath type rules that pick which day is the Sabbath and what keeping the Sabbath means. IMO men can sometimes get overzealous with their definitions of what is good or bad. I look at the ten commandments and I compare those to eating pork... and I have to say.. hmm..

Okay so I guess I'm going to have to explain after all - Here are the 3 groups of Levitical Laws:

1. Civil - Expired with the demise of the Jewish civil government
    1. Justice practices (Lev. 24:17-23)
    2. Law of property redemption (Lev. 25)
    3. Be just with the poor, (Lev. 19:15)
    4. Do not hate in your heart (Lev. 19:17)
    5. Retain just scales in commerce (Lev. 19:35f)
    6. Robbery, extortion, false witness, and restitution (Lev. 6:1-7)
  2. Ceremonial - Expired with the fulfillment of priestly work of Christ (Matt. 3:15)
    1. Various sacrificial offerings for sin (Lev. 1,2,3,4,5,6)
    2. Priestly duties (Lev. 7:1-37)
    3. Laws on animals for food (Lev. 11:1-47)
    4. Cleaning house of leper (Lev. 14:33-57)
    5. Law of Atonement (Lev. 16:1-28;17:1-16)
    6. Regulations for Priests (Lev. 21,22)
    7. Festivals (Lev. 23:1-25)
  3. Moral - No Expiration because it is based on God's character. "You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy," (Lev. 19:2)
    1. Do not steal or lie (Lev. 19:11)
    2. Do not oppress your neighbor (Lev. 19:13)
    3. No idolatry (Lev. 26:1-13)
    4. Don't sacrifice children to Molech (Lev. 20:1-5)
    5. Don't commit adultery, incest, bestiality, homosexuality, etc. (Lev. 20:9-21)
    6. You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Lev. 19:18)
Homosexuality is under the moral law category. In addition, as stated earlier, it is an abomination practiced by all people (Egypt and Canaan), not just the Israelites. Therefore, we see that the moral aspects of the Law are still in effect, but not the civil or ceremonial. Again, there were things addressed to Israel only where God said "speak to the sons of Israel saying..." These things included atonement for unintentional sins, eating habits, uncleanness, feast days, rest days, etc., which do not apply for us today.

Consider this …

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but in our secular society that doesn't give you the go ahead to trample over other people's rights. No matter how you slice it, these are human beings who are living in America and entitled to the same rights as everyone else regardless of whether or not you "approve" of them.

It's a great society in the sense that we can all have a voice. Whether you are secular or not.
I'm sure that is why so many people want to live her (legally or illegally but that is another topic!)
I do not deny that men are running the country and making the laws.

Point?

I think the point is you have no idea what you are talking about. Covenants and Testaments are two different things. While I'm at it though homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. I see the point you are trying to make, people pick their sins, but in essence you are doing the same thing. Sin is sin.

Everyone sins. It's not a matter of judging (we're ALL guilty) - it's a matter of doing the right thing.

Did you skip school when the civil rights era of the fifties and sixties? The states were forced to accept the Supreme Court's ruling then; they will accept them now. There are only two states now making noises about not following the law, but they will shut up and fall in line.

Consider this …

It's a great society in the sense that we can all have a voice. Whether you are secular or not.
I'm sure that is why so many people want to live her (legally or illegally but that is another topic!)
I do not deny that men are running the country and making the laws.

I think the point here is to live and let live. It's not up to you to judge these people on God's behalf. He didn't anoint you to such a position, so I don't know what makes you judge and jury.

Forum List

Back