SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

oh lookie,

SNIP:
Not News: Obama Admin Admits Tax-Exempt Status of Churches at Stake in Supremes' Gay 'Marriage Case
By Tom Blumer | April 30, 2015 | 12:04 AM EDT

Add the following to the "you will be made to care" stories Erick Erickson at RedState began to recognize several years ago.

Those who think that legalizing same-sex "marriage" won't affect them should have received a wake-up call on Tuesday during arguments at the Supreme Court over inventing a constitutional right for two people of the same sex to have such an arrangement. Most of them didn't get it, because, with only one exception I could find, the establishment press covering the proceedings perfectly understood the gravity of the discussion and its implications — and refused to report it, because doing so would give away the Obama administration's, and the left's, ultimate game plan.

The exception was at the Washington Post, via Sarah Pulliam Bailey at the paper's Acts of Faith blog. Even then, Get Religion's Terry Mattingly reports that Bailey's work didn't make the "ink on paper" edition.

Here's Bailey's coverage of what was arguably the most important question of the day:

Could religious institutions lose tax-exempt status over Supreme Court’s gay marriage case?

ALL of it here:

- See more at: Not News Obama Admin Admits Tax-Exempt Status of Churches at Stake in Supremes Gay Marriage Case

I'm sorry I just had to lol at the hypocrisy of this statement:

"No one should have a reasonable doubt at this point that the left's goal here is to force compliance and to persecute those who won't."

Sounds way to familiar for some reason...

oh well. bury your head in the sand. much easier

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

How could anyone object to this?
How about the known fact that a huge majority of gays were molested by adult gays when they were kids. Because they were violated and hurt and damaged spiritually they are now adults and if they're in a same sex marriage they are going to want kids in order to live a "loving" family life. Well, the sad truth is, they want every kid to experience the same molestation, pain and hurt they went through. They will insure their kids are broken-in like they were They are going to raise their kids as homosexuals and those kids are not being raised to have heterosexual marriages. They're going to marry someone of the same sex and the scenario will repeat itself over and over and over. That is my objection.
Still selling that myth? That is from like 50 years ago

What does that have to do with people who are in love getting married?
Don't confuse animal-like rutting lust for love.

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

How about the known fact that a huge majority of gays were molested by adult gays when they were kids. Because they were violated and hurt and damaged spiritually they are now adults and if they're in a same sex marriage they are going to want kids in order to live a "loving" family life. Well, the sad truth is, they want every kid to experience the same molestation, pain and hurt they went through. They will insure their kids are broken-in like they were They are going to raise their kids as homosexuals and those kids are not being raised to have heterosexual marriages. They're going to marry someone of the same sex and the scenario will repeat itself over and over and over. That is my objection.

I have no interest in the intimate details of your sex life. If your technique is like animal rutting, that is your problem

I have no interest in the intimate details of your sex life. If your technique is like animal rutting, that is your problem
Are you reallly as dense as you portray yourself?

We all make choices in life. Getting up out of bed in the morning is a choice. Living with and having sex with someone of the same sex is a choice.
Only in your opinion, which is not factual.
How is that not a fact? Explain?
Since you can't prove it, then it is not fact.

Okay well you said this is not factual - not even my post, but, see below:

We all make choices in life (FACT). Getting up out of bed in the morning is a choice (FACT). Living with and having sex with someone of the same sex is a choice (FACT)
So you are encouraging denial of your sexuality as a choice?

I was just stating that what the person said above were facts (not opinions)
Sexuality is always a choice. I think you should abstain from any sexual act that is harmful to you or others, and, if you are a Christian, is sinful and offensive to God.

The downfall of many a great civilization involved the rampant immoral sexuality and perversion in that culture.

Such as?

According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible
So a nation should avoid prosperity because it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose?
It should try to avoid crass materialism that comes with wealth, which breeds decadence, creating atomization and nihilism. I don't think there is a way for civilization to avoid this, short of putting less value on perpetual economic growth as the ultimate goal for a society. It seems to be the cycle of civilization, where unbridled prosperity eventually sinks into decadence and to the decline of civilization.

Acceptance of same sex marriage isn't a result of materialism or wealth though. It is a result of marriage becoming removed from procreation, and relationships becoming more transactional(about individual convenience and personal happiness). It is no surprise that a society that embraces single motherhood(40% of children are born out of wedlock) and rampant divorce(50% of marriages end in divorce) is indifferent to sam sex marriage.
Good points. I think major social changes in society such as gay marriage are the result of many other changes that preceded it. The civil rights movement and the feminist movement of the mid 20th century certainly encouraged minority groups such as gays to seek equal protection under the law. Likewise those movements were encouraged by women's suffrage, the labor movement, and freeing of the slaves.

Why do people think it will just end at homosexuality?
Is it so far fetched to think that with this trend, more and more perverse things will become acceptable over time?

Only in your opinion, which is not factual.

We all make choices in life (FACT). Getting up out of bed in the morning is a choice (FACT). Living with and having sex with someone of the same sex is a choice (FACT)

Sexuality is always a choice. I think you should abstain from any sexual act that is harmful to you or others, and, if you are a Christian, is sinful and offensive to God.
That you made a post is a fact. The statement "Sexuality is always a choice" is an opinion not a fact by traditional definition. Why? Because you have no conclusive evidence that it is so.

A friend of mine once said, "The Truth stands alone." She was wrong. We measure faith by belief in things unseen, while we measure our world by empirical standards. It is a fact that you may believe in such and so, but that belief does not make such and so a fact.

That you made a post is a fact. The statement "Sexuality is always a choice" is an opinion not a fact by traditional definition. Why? Because you have no conclusive evidence that it is so.

A friend of mine once said, "The Truth stands alone." She was wrong. We measure faith by belief in things unseen, while we measure our world by empirical standards. It is a fact that you may believe in such and so, but that belief does not make such and so a fact.

I should have said: Acting on your sexual impulses and desires is a choice.

[QUOTE="Why do people think it will just end at homosexuality?
Is it so far fetched to think that with this trend, more and more perverse things will become acceptable over time?
Do you have any evidence, any facts to support your fear?

People can work on sexual hang ups and change because most of your sexual issues are in your mind. (Maybe even 100% of them).

While you made the statement, in itself it is still an opinion not a fact.

People can work on sexual hang ups and change because most of your sexual issues are in your mind. (Maybe even 100% of them).
Perhaps. Homosexuality, in my opinion, is not one of those things.

Not everything I say is a FACT or 100% prediction Jake. that is just silly.

I'm assuming people reading these posts are using coming sense and thinking about things that make sense, but, are not always 100% provable with fact. I can't prove our country will continue on a liberal trend allowing more and more.... I can only ask.... why wouldn't it? Why would it stop at homosexuality...?

While you made the statement, in itself it is still an opinion not a fact.

So you think some people can help themselves? I'm sure mentally ill people can't....

I'm assuming people reading these posts are using coming sense and thinking about things that make sense, but, are not always 100% provable with fact. I can't prove our country will continue on a liberal trend allowing more and more.... I can only ask.... why wouldn't it? Why would it stop at homosexuality...?
Thank you for stating that. Opinions can be changed into facts with solid evidence. Homosexuality, according to the APA, is not mental illness. I can show you some heteros with serious sexual addition, a real mental illness.

Thank you for stating that. Opinions can be changed into facts with solid evidence.

Many thinks can be said and speculated that are not YET provable. People should consider POTENTIALS as well as hard cold fact.

Someone could say "history will repeat itself" (which is has in certain cases) but, sometimes you have to look at the big picture and draw logical conclusions....

Forum List

Back