Scriptures For The Day

As near as I can tell Ringel is saying that if one truly believes that Jesus died for our sins, that that price has been paid. It's important because no one is worthy. So even if we believe we still won't be worthy.

So the question I am asking is are we saved by grace or works?

Because if we are saved by grace we don't need any works.

And if we need works then we aren't saved by grace.

So which is it people?
We are saved by grace, works is an adjunct.
Ok, then.

You can sin away until the 11th hour as long as you believe.
:eusa_eh:
Okay..........

Not exactly.

"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only." - James 2:14
The works bear witness to the faith when one is doing the right thing, the right way for the right reasons.

Such that faith without works is essentially lip service. But we should never think of works as only big things. It’s everything especially the little things.

As near as I can tell Ringel is saying that if one truly believes that Jesus died for our sins, that that price has been paid. It's important because no one is worthy. So even if we believe we still won't be worthy.

So which is it people?
Ok, then.

Okay..........
I don’t think that’s how that works either.

So which is it people?
Ok, then.

Okay..........
I don’t think that’s how that works either.
If you say so. :dunno:

Not exactly.

"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only." - James 2:14
They are inseparable sisters so to speak but works proceed from Grace and Grace proceeds from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So God created the path and we have to walk it. Early Christians referred to it as The Way.

Last edited:
1 Kings 3

I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be.
13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings.

Big mistake. Wisdom was enough.

1 Kings 3

I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be.
13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings.

Big mistake. Wisdom was enough.
Some would argue there are no mistakes.

Or was it accidents?

I forget.

upload_2019-12-24_12-50-2.png

Forum List

Back