Seasonal depression and Covid 19

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I am a bit concerned about this January-February.
The sun hasn't been out in the past 4 days.... and the forecast is cloudy for the next 10 days.
Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

I get seasonal depression every year. Not debilitating, just enough to get really blase for days at a time. Get in an uncaring funk.
What helps - is going out to a restaurant around people... going to see a movie...even going to the mall. A short weekend into the downtown and stay at a nice hotel.
Can't do that.
Getting a bit concerned what I can do to mitigate it.

The sun hasn't been out in the past 4 days.... and the forecast is cloudy for the next 10 days.
Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

I get seasonal depression every year. Not debilitating, just enough to get really blase for days at a time. Get in an uncaring funk.
What helps - is going out to a restaurant around people... going to see a movie...even going to the mall. A short weekend into the downtown and stay at a nice hotel.
Can't do that.

Get on a treadmill, lift some light weights, stretch, read standing up, and repeat. Go to the SPCA and adopt a dog or cat, either will make you feel up. and Turn Off the TV.

Take a walk in the park somewhere. Feed some birds with some crumbs or seeds, maybe some squirrels. Drive somewhere that has a scenic view, appreciate the beauty of the world we live in. Think about the people you care about and those who care about you. Be thankful for having them in your life. Coul life be better, or easier? No doubt, but in one sense isn't that a good thing? How much more do we appreciate the good stuff without the bad part to contrast it with?

You still got Bonzi, right? Big up right there. Hope I didn't confuse you with another poster, but maybe you have a significant other if your life.

Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

Can't do that.

Find an old or new hobby, shut off the TV. FaceTime relatives and loved ones. Go out for a walk, go to a park and walk, ride a bike, open your windows for an hour or so. Take vitamin d, c and b’s. Put on some music that lifts your spirits. Eat healthy foods, stay away from alcohol or marijuana as they are depressants. Read what interests you. I bought one of those lights and leave it on for 30 minutes a day. Don’t watch the news.

Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

Can't do that.
Take vitamin D supplements and exercise. Spend less time on here arguing and more time on phone talking to loved ones. Watch less news. Go hunting or if not into that just shoot targets.

Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

Can't do that.

Get on a treadmill, lift some light weights, stretch, read standing up, and repeat. Go to the SPCA and adopt a dog or cat, either will make you feel up. and Turn Off the TV.
We have a huge German Shepherd.... she cuts some of the boredom for sure.
Don't watch much TV really.... we both go to work everyday anyway.
Like I say... it is not serious. I usually just get funked out. Lose interest in stuff. It is unbelievable how much difference just a couple sunny days can make.

Take a walk in the park somewhere. Feed some birds with some crumbs or seeds, maybe some squirrels. Drive somewhere that has a scenic view, appreciate the beauty of the world we live in. Think about the people you care about and those who care about you. Be thankful for having them in your life. Coul life be better, or easier? No doubt, but in one sense isn't that a good thing? How much more do we appreciate the good stuff without the bad part to contrast it with?

You still got Bonzi, right? Big up right there. Hope I didn't confuse you with another poster, but maybe you have a significant other if your life.
Yes I am Bonzi's husband.
We actually live next door to a large park. We do go for some walks, especially when it is nicer weather. Course walk the dog there.

Typical winter.
Gray and damp.

Can't do that.

We have a huge German Shepherd.... she cuts some of the boredom for sure.
Don't watch much TV really.... we both go to work everyday anyway.
Like I say... it is not serious. I usually just get funked out. Lose interest in stuff. It is unbelievable how much difference just a couple sunny days can make.

We have a border collie / cattle dog mix (2/3 BC). And she keeps us busy every waking hour. We use hide and seek in our house, hiding dog treats which keep her busy, and us too. We also have Flippy Flopper Hyper Pet Frisbees (Amazon has them) and our backyard is large.

Forum List

Back