Seattle Government Becomes 'Robin Hood': Steal From The Rich To Give To 'Homeless'

The people of the city of Seattle has passed judgment on it's own and has found that the citizens of Seattle have not been giving enough of their own money to charity the charity agreed upon by the majority....

Seattle has decided its citizens are not giving enough of their money to the homeless, so Seattle is going to SEIZE / TAKE money from its citizens and give it to the homeless....

Who needs 'pan-handling' on street corners with dirty hands out when the city of Seattle will simply take money right out of its citizens' paychecks and give it to the homeless?!

'Majority Rules'?! In every situation or just specific ones? Sorry 'Ma &Pa Soup Shop' the people of Seattle have decided you need to be relieved of some of your money to give to the homeless. 'Charity begins at home'? In Seattle if begins at the ballot box....

Seattle City Council votes 9-0 for scaled-down head tax on large employers
I feel so much compassion for rich people

Everyone picks on them

Nah. Invite the homeless to your house. They can shit, piss, throw up and leave wine bottles and nasty ass blankets all over your yard and house. Nice folks. You should be more than happy to take care of them. LOL
Like it or not, we have homeless in our midst

Pretending they don’t exist or shooting them into the shadows is the preferred solution of conservatives

But as JFK said, If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

They are here all right and will continue to be here as long as soup kitchens are open and bleeding heart liberals want to "take care of them."
You hate soup kitchens?

Damn, you are a heartless bitch

Pretending they don’t exist or shooting them into the shadows is the preferred solution of conservatives

But as JFK said, If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
The best way to help the homeless is to create as much opportunity out there as possible for gainful employment. A good way to the do the exact opposite it to drive the biggest employers out of an area via a tax only targeted at them.

The best way to help the homeless is to create as much opportunity out there as possible for gainful employment. A good way to the do the exact opposite it to drive the biggest employers out of an area via a tax only targeted at them.

No issues in creating opportunity for the homeless. But it does not negate the fact that they need food and shelter
Microsoft and Boeing are not known for hiring many homeless people

No issues in creating opportunity for the homeless. But it does not negate the fact that they need food and shelter
The conditions by which homelessness is reduced and kept lower is through opportunity, as much of it possible on all levels. The more jobs there are out there period, the more opportunity for homeless people to get jobs to pull themselves out of being homeless. So yea, Boeing and Microsoft aren't hiring homeless people because the assumption there is that the homeless aren't skilled labor that Boeing and MS need. But, if Boeing and MS are able to hire more skilled labor through low overhead (i.e. no dumbass head tax) then they can take skilled entry level positions and give them to young college grads who might otherwise be hauling boxes at an Amazon warehouse, which in turn opens up a low skill position for a homeless person to grab.

The people of the city of Seattle has passed judgment on it's own and has found that the citizens of Seattle have not been giving enough of their own money to charity the charity agreed upon by the majority....

Seattle has decided its citizens are not giving enough of their money to the homeless, so Seattle is going to SEIZE / TAKE money from its citizens and give it to the homeless....

Who needs 'pan-handling' on street corners with dirty hands out when the city of Seattle will simply take money right out of its citizens' paychecks and give it to the homeless?!

'Majority Rules'?! In every situation or just specific ones? Sorry 'Ma &Pa Soup Shop' the people of Seattle have decided you need to be relieved of some of your money to give to the homeless. 'Charity begins at home'? In Seattle if begins at the ballot box....

Everyone picks on them

Nah. Invite the homeless to your house. They can shit, piss, throw up and leave wine bottles and nasty ass blankets all over your yard and house. Nice folks. You should be more than happy to take care of them. LOL

They are here all right and will continue to be here as long as soup kitchens are open and bleeding heart liberals want to "take care of them."
You hate soup kitchens?

Nope.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched these homeless people offered a job and refuse.

They make money panhandling and then head to the soup kitchen for a free meal. Then they head for the nearest flop house and a bed.

Hell after the last hurricane we had here it took officers to drive them out of the shelters. They had free food and air conditioning.

They got it rough all right. No taxes to pay as someone else provides for them.

Everyone picks on them

You hate soup kitchens?

Nope.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched these homeless people offered a job and refuse.

They make money panhandling and then head to the soup kitchen for a free meal. Then they head for the nearest flop house and a bed.

Hell after the last hurricane we had here it took officers to drive them out of the shelters. They had free food and air conditioning.

Sure you have

Now tell me about the time you were on line in the supermarket and the welfare mom was buying caviar and filet mignon

You hate soup kitchens?

Nope.

Sure you have

Now tell me about the time you were on line in the supermarket and the welfare mom was buying caviar and filet mignon

Oh I was in the customer service at Wal-Mart when a woman came over with a full basket of groceries.

She turned them all in and because they can't put money back on an EBT card she got a Wal-Mart gift card.

She then headed for the store to shop using someone else's money.

But that's the freeloaders on Welfare. Homeless people are panhandlers and moochers.

Where have you been, they have employees living in their parking lot.

You hate soup kitchens?

Nope.

Sure you have

Oh I was in the customer service at Wal-Mart when a woman came over with a full basket of groceries.

She turned them all in and because they can't put money back on an EBT card she got a Wal-Mart gift card.

But that's the freeloaders on Welfare. Homeless people are panhandlers and moochers.

Did I ever tell you about the time I saw a guy with a “Will work for food” sign and I had him come to my house and clean my gutters and seal my driveway ......so I gave him a cheeseburger

You hate soup kitchens?

Nope.

Sure you have

Did I ever tell you about the time I saw a guy with a “Will work for food” sign and I had him come to my house and clean my gutters and seal my driveway ......so I gave him a cheeseburger

Did I ever tell you about the time I observed a homeless man with a sign begging for money. A man stopped and offered him a job and he turned it down.

He didn't get a cheeseburger.

Probably because Seattle is populated with liberals, and liberals give less to charity than conservatives do. Libs. just talk.

Last edited:

$20 a month? On companies that profit more than $20 million a year?

Oh the horror!!!

On companies that Gross over 20 million in the city in a year. 3% of businesses.
Now now, you aren't allowed to pull numbers outta yer ass. You don't know how many employees or what the actual gross profit is so you can't possibly know that percentage of their profit they will pay.

My bad, I guess I assumed folks would actually read the link.

"The legislation calls for a tax of $275 per employee, per year on for-profit companies that gross at least $20 million per year in the city"
At least. That's a variable. Tighten up kid, your looking kinda silly.

Silly is thinking I pulled the 20 million gross receipts figure out of my ass.

I see you are just another country hating POS who thinks taxing is stealing.

When someone takes your money with the threat of jail time it’s not very voluntary is it?

When voting is how representatives are elected to regulate taxes, and borders are open to leave if one does not wish to stay, it is voluntary to participate in society.
Of course, protest is a legal option.
Merely hating the less fortunate is a personal problem.

Country Hating? Bwuhahahaha....

Nah, brah....I just hate liberals taking money out of my pocket thinking they can spend my money better than I can. You confuse that theft with fair taxation.

The OP misrepresents Robin Hood's actions.

He recovered taxes looted by a corrupt government and church, and gave them back to the people.

Prince John increased taxes on peasants based on the pretext of needing funds to pay ransom to release his brother King Richard (who was captured while on Crusade). Prince John lied - he had no intention of helping Richard.

The Church hierarchy was notorious for excessive tithings - abbots lived luxurious lives on the back of subsistence peasants.

IOW, Robin Hood returned to those who worked what the parasites extracted from them

The city fathers should drive the homeless out of the city. I'm sure those people could find another city to haunt.

That's what my small city does and it has worked for decades. Zero tolerance for panhandling and vagrancy. Move it on down the road. The permanent problem never gets a chance to take root.

The mayor has been in office for 45 years. He knows he has to keep the health of the city a priority to keep his job. The same policy was in place before this mayor. Makes for a clean, safe, financially secure city. The word is long established to the parasite class: Stay away.

When someone takes your money with the threat of jail time it’s not very voluntary is it?
Your citizenship is voluntary

Forum List

Back