Seattle minimum wage has killed 700 jobs so far...

As a rightist, you`re not even close to being smart enough to know what I think.

ROFLMNAO!

Thing... if you possessed the means to so much as reason objectively, you would not be limited to being among the Intellectually Less Fortunates of Left-think.

So spare the board with your feelings on how intelligent you are.

As a rightist, you`re not even close to being smart enough to know what I think.

ROFLMNAO!

Thing... if you possessed the means to so much as reason objectively, you would not be limited to being among the Intellectually Less Fortunates of Left-think.

You`re babbling again. Just go sit in a corner and if we need to hear any idiotic remarks we`ll ring a bell or something.

ROFLMNAO!

You`re babbling again. Just go sit in a corner and if we need to hear any idiotic remarks we`ll ring a bell or something.
Translation: I got no intelligent riposte, so I'm just going to fart.

I wonder why all the "struggling" small business owners in Nassau County own 2+ million dollar homes and leasing at least 3 80K SUVs?
Either they're living off of credit, in which case they already made a bad Life Decision, or they're doing quite well and they're crying Crocodile Tears.

ROFLMNAO!

You`re babbling again.

OH! A concession? How sweet... It's good that you respect those demonstrated to be superior to you.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I wonder why all the "struggling" small business owners in Nassau County own 2+ million dollar homes and leasing at least 3 80K SUVs?
Either they're living off of credit, in which case they already made a bad Life Decision, or they're doing quite well and they're crying Crocodile Tears.
Really? All small business owners own $2 million dollar homes?

Day-amm! I'm in the wrong line of work.

I saw yesterday where the movie houses in California had asked for a waiver from the $9.00 per hour rule. They claimed they would have to close the doors to the movie houses.

---
All those "sky is falling" claims by theater chains are BS in reality.
When movie VHS/Beta tspes & DVDs came out, did those chains close?

I saw yesterday where the movie houses in California had asked for a waiver from the $9.00 per hour rule. They claimed they would have to close the doors to the movie houses.

---

ROFLMNAO!

Non sequiturs can be SO funny.

---
VHS tapes never had the power to drive theaters out of business. Artificially set wages do. Until there's a way to force people to pay higher and higher fees for admission, you're going to have to deal with the hard fact that at a certain price, people will just stay home.

You are.
I work in Uniondale, East Meadow, Westbury and Levittown; you should see the mansions popping up all over the place.
And yes, I get to talk to a LOT of home owners.

---

They adapted with those ANNOYING advertisements.

You are.
I work in Uniondale, East Meadow, Westbury and Levittown; you should see the mansions popping up all over the place.

I think you're full of shit.

---

I agree. I don't see how any of them make a profit. Cable television lost 3.5 million customers itself. Streaming is the way to go. Roku and Playon.

Read this, please.

Fact Check: Is $15 minimum wage really killing Seattle jobs?

Decades. You've been doing the same fucknut thing for decades.

Your source's argument - that 1 month's data is too small a sample to be definitive - has merit, as does his conclusion:

"Does any of this mean there will be no consequences to the minimum wage hike? Absolutely not. As much as the pro-labor activists want to believe there will be no consequences, they're as ideologically driven as The Daily Caller and have their heads just as deep in the sand."

You are.

I don't care.
Just stating facts.
Maybe you suck at what you do...
Nah! That can't possibly be.
Or you might drive around the areas I work in to check it out.
But that would mean you would have to deal with facts.

I spoke to a couple of those folks. They tell me that they know they will never actually own their homes. They pay a mortgage payment that is out of this world in order to live in their home. When the time comes to move on, they just want enough equity built up to either purchase in a cheaper state or have to pay down on another property.

You are.

I don't care.
Just stating facts.

I do deal with facts. You said that all small business owners in Nassau County own homes that cost $2 million or more.

You're full of shit.

You are.

I don't care.
Just stating facts.

He probably lives in another state. A home here in Pensacola, Florida that sells for $300K will cost you a million in most areas of Los Angeles.

No it hasn't.
View attachment 53251

I like to wait until we have better (longer time frame) information, but moments on google got me this and I was not even looking for "negative" information nor did I google 700 jobs lost. I did simply, *Seattle min wage.*

Looks like it's been something of a boon for the restaurant industry outside of Seattle. Atthe same time the industry has been flattened in Seattle, there seems to be a sharp increase ingrowth outside. That makes sense. The demand for restaurant service is likely to remain the same; consumers who would be eating at restaurants in Seattle are now probably going just outside the city limits to restaurants that are not affected by this ill-conceived law. In fact, I'd bet that some restaurants are closing up in Seattle, and being replaced by new restaurants established just outside of Seattle by the owners of the former in-Seattle restaurants.

Bottom line is this, times have changed, everything goes up in this country and all employers pass everything that costs them onto their customers, that is just the way it goes and if the heat gets too hot or customers find your costs too high, they will go elsewhere....however.....if everyone increased, where the hell they gonna go...but pay the shit...just ask those of us who pay almost 9 bucks for a pack of cigs.

Once those entry level (low skill/low wage) jobs are gone how will our kids learn work skills and make a few bucks? I know ... you don't care.

Well, many of them are simply mechanizing and laying off the workers. I could even see the movie houses doing that very easily. Just use your credit card to charge your ticket and have a door open that will only permit one person at a time. Just have one person selling popcorn and let the patrons get their own cokes and candy from dispensers.

And the result is easily predicted: the very same voices that "won" higher gov't mandated min wages in Seattle will be screaming about the lack of job opportunities for low skill workers.

Forum List

Back