Seattle Removes Bike Helmet Law Because More Black People Were Apparently Ticketed

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
It just doesn't get any dumber than this. :rolleyes: (Oh and btw I say that the law was stupid, but so is this and I didn't realize this was already a topic so the mods can merge it if they wish.)

Last edited:
Its funny but I was just searching my memory banks...I don't recall when the last time I saw a black man or woman riding a bicycle....

It just doesn't get any dumber than this. :rolleyes: (Oh and btw I say that the law was stupid, but so is this and I didn't realize this was already a topic so the mods can merge it if they wish.)

My guess... the cops were leaving white cyclists without helmets alone while using this law to stop and frisk black cyclists.

It actually is a balance, how much do you try to protect people from themselves, vs. protect them from people who would abuse their rights using such laws.

That makes sense.

During the administration of the Honorable Barack Obama, schools stopped suspending students for defiance.

Why?

Because most of those suspended were you-know-what.

So -- OF COURSE -- they were being picked on.

The solution? No more suspensions.

From this.......... to this. Sad.

Attachments

• 711lmVtRGOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    711lmVtRGOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 18
  • peak-dad-obama-tout.jpg
    peak-dad-obama-tout.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 17
I realize there are more black criminals than white criminals, but this is a pretty racist comment if you're referring to black people in general. Just saying.

I'm referring to black people who don't wear helmets when they ride their bikes.

If the article had referred to whites, my "I'm good with that" comment would've been exactly the same.

But thanks for chimin' in...

My guess... the cops were leaving white cyclists without helmets alone while using this law to stop and frisk black cyclists.

It actually is a balance, how much do you try to protect people from themselves, vs. protect them from people who would abuse their rights using such laws.

^^^The soft bigotry of low expectations. That's the left for you.

Forum List

Back